Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Bob Chung winning the TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - Franklin Templeton Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 XMAS Tour - XMAS Champions of Champions with 2 rounds at Glen Abbey CC (White Tees) by BoomBoom : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-of-champions
See more
See less

TGC supported resolutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC supported resolutions

I do not have simulator or TGC yet, but I am currently buying. Looking for projector at the moment. Which graphics resolutions does TGC support?

Specifically: My screen is best suited for 4:3. Which 4:3 resolutions are supported? XGA (1024 x 768)? SXGA+ (1400 x 1050)?

I run TGC on my Optoma 1080gt at 1600 x 1200

Comment

• Per Steffensen
      Per Steffensen commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, interesting! I see it has a throw ratio of 0.49:1. Guess this means that I would have to place it 171.5 cm away from the screen to make the picture 350 cm wide. Correct? Where do you mount it - in order not to accidentally hit it? I guess with a floor mount it will have to do 50% vertical lens shift. But as far as I can see it does not do lens shift at all. Do you use Keystone Correction? How does that work out for you?

It'll run any resolution. I think it mirrors your Graphics Card. I run a customer screen size no problem.

Comment

I run TGC on 1920 x 1080 on my laptop. I do, however, run my projector in 4:3 as my sim is set up in my garage and it's wide enough to suit 16:9. (I hadn't thought about that potential conflict before.) I have a Optoma 1080gt Darbee projector and it works really well.

Comment

• Hooli
        Hooli commented
        Editing a comment
        I have my projector mounted on the ceiling which is 9'2" high. The mount holds the projector ~6-8 from the ceiling. The projector is ~5' from the screen.

This projector does have keystone correction and horizontal shift. As far as I can recall, I have very minor level of keystone. My screen is 81" high and 106" wide and there is a ~3" boarder on the sizes and about a foot at the top and bottom. I am very happy with that amount of coverage. The picture is perfect. To put that in perspective, my set up is 100% DIY, and I am using a kingsize bed sheet as my screen. It is an expensive projector but is excellent. I couldn't be happier.

Balls haven't gone near the projector. At least not that I have noticed or been aware of.

• Per Steffensen
        Per Steffensen commented
        Editing a comment
        Assuming you hit ~10' from the screen? And with the projector ~5' from the screen, don't you get close to hitting the projector when hitting high lofted irons - like wedges? Or isn't the projector right in front of your hitting area? Are you not hitting horizontally centered on the screen, or is the projector not mounted horizontally centered on the screen?

I am surprised that you say that the projector has horizontal shift. As far as I can read from http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-GT1080Darbee.htm and http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/..._spec_9888.pdf it has no lens shift, and only vertical keystone correction (up to 40 degrees). Are you sure it has horizontal lens shift?

• Hooli
        Hooli commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm home now and turned on my projector. You are correct. There is no horizontal shift. My mistake.

I am playing in a single car garage, so I am hitting offset by about 2'. The projector is mounted exactly in the centre. Also, I am only 8' from my screen. Those two items might be why balls are not getting near my projector.

Also, there is no rebound from my screen, as the backing to my screen is simply a folded canvas drop cloth which absorbs the impact.

i also run my set up 1920 but force my projector to a 4/3

Comment

Working...
      X