Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

GC2 carry vs TGC carry distance differences are frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 carry vs TGC carry distance differences are frustrating

is there any way to get the gc2 and TGC carry distances closer together? i understand elevations on a course influence the carry distance, but on a flat driving range, i'm still getting between 3-12 yards short in carry distances on TGC compared to my GC2 at distances greater than around 100 yards. this is very frustrating, especially when trying to play a course and choose a club to hit.

initially, i let it go and tried to get used to it and adjust by hitting a club longer, but it is getting more frustrating and i feel i shouldn't have to do this.

i'm going to check out JNPG and if no issue in carry differences, just switch to JNPG instead of TGC. i hear there isn't this issue with JNPG. any other input or solutions?

thanks!

contact Wizard of Coz for all things boost related

Comment

For the most part you need positive boost on your woods and negative boost on your wedges. You can't get it to match perfectly. Different algorithms. I have šŸ“somewhere on the differences.

Comment

Wizard - since Foresight does not have a section in TGC2019 for boost, are you supposed to use one of the other settings to adjust for the GC2. I agree that the algorithm for GC2 is frustrating that distances are not accurate. That is really the only thing that is truly a bummer when playing on TCG2019. Everything else works really good. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Scottygolf View Post
          Wizard - since Foresight does not have a section in TGC2019 for boost, are you supposed to use one of the other settings to adjust for the GC2. I agree that the algorithm for GC2 is frustrating that distances are not accurate. That is really the only thing that is truly a bummer when playing on TCG2019. Everything else works really good. thanks
          GC2 Boost is done in GSX
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt RCR
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt RCR
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt RCR
          Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
          London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
          Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
          National GC of Canada RCR
          Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range Fictional
          Markland Woods CC mthunt RCR Lidar

Comment

• Scottygolf
            Scottygolf commented
            Editing a comment
            you have a screenshot? As when I look in the GSX settings, I see Skytrack and Flightscope but do not see one for Foresight. Does one of those work by changing will effect the boost?

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            The file GSX.com has nothing to do with Lightscope or Skytrak. Do you have a screenshot of GSX showing those?

My Bad, I was thinking in the TGC Console that listed all the launch monitors. Ok, so I went into the GSX, is this where I am supposed to modify? As you can see I took the driver, woods, irons and wedges and moved them to the right a hair. Will that have an effect to get me closer to actual numbers? And I am not playing any on line games so I am not sure if this is a 5% boost within the rules.

Comment

My Bad, I was thinking in the TGC Console that listed all the launch monitors. Ok, so I went into the GSX, is this where I am supposed to modify? As you can see I took the driver, woods, irons and wedges and moved them to the right a hair. Will that have an effect to get me closer to actual numbers? And I am not playing any on line games so I am not sure if this is a 5% boost within the rules.
            You can see how much you are adjusting when you click the slider. Some of those are pretty jacked up.
            My Courses:
            Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
            mthunt Range Fictional

Comment

• Scottygolf
              Scottygolf commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool but that is the correct place then. I will play with it today to find a real level and share with my other friends who have had issues with foresight. this hopefully appears to be a game changer in getting the distances more accurate. Thank you

So According to my image and mthunt's comments that they are jacked a little, let's try a lot! It does not take much to get numbers way off the charts. I actually settled on 2 from the middle. I first moved to 5 and my irons according to GC2 to the range on TGC2019 were 7 iron 166 to 190. With that said the range said I was hitting a driver even though it was an iron. Not sure if that will effect game play but much happier with the results but it only took a little nudge to get driver numbers that were aligned on the range and the course. Thanks for the guidance on this.

Comment

So do all GC2 register lower distance shots in TGC2019? How do you know which if the two algorithms is the one to believe? On-course testing?

I'm asking because GC2 is the frontrunner for my garage setup but I'd rather not spend the winter dialing in distances only to find out they're incorrect when the season rolls around.

Comment

Bubb - I trust my GC2 numbers 100%. Keep in mind TGC2019 is a game as it is not the launch monitor. It simply takes the numbers provided by the launch monitor. I just tweaked the TGC2019 to more align with my GC2.

Comment

Bubb - I trust my GC2 numbers 100%. Keep in mind TGC2019 is a game as it is not the launch monitor. It simply takes the numbers provided by the launch monitor. I just tweaked the TGC2019 to more align with my GC2.
                  I think I misunderstood the initial discussion: I trust people are saying they're using the boost to try to get the readout on the GC unit to match what they're seeing in-game, correct?

For some reason I was getting a mental image of boosting the LCD numbers and couldn't quite figure out why someone would want to do that, or how that would affect a used unit with altered settings.

Comment

Correct - boost is to get TGC2019 to align with GC2. For me everything was about 1-2 clubs off in play mode and just got very frustrating. Driving distance was 20-30 yards in carry and then total.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbtubbs View Post
                      So do all GC2 register lower distance shots in TGC2019? How do you know which if the two algorithms is the one to believe? On-course testing?

I'm asking because GC2 is the frontrunner for my garage setup but I'd rather not spend the winter dialing in distances only to find out they're incorrect when the season rolls around.
                      The GC2 uses an algorithm that overly favors low spin. If you hit with low spin the GC2 will have the ball go farther than TGC or FS Optimizer. If your spin is higher then TGC and FS will carry farther. Another thing that matters is the GC2 fireware and version of GSX. For example 3.7 reads a little shorter in TGC than 3.5 and 4.0 reads long. All be a little bit.

Keep in mind max 5% on the TGC tour.
                      My Courses:
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
                      mthunt Range Fictional

Comment

• Scottygolf
                        Scottygolf commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What settings do you personally use on the 4 options? For Driver I am at 2 which I can say is hard to land on the the 2 reading when siding the little circle on the line.

• mthunt
                        mthunt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        All my settings are set at 0 except putting and driver when allowed.

Thanks for the clarification and information. Really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X