• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC instructions/manual plus Q&A

Keyboard and mouse mapping:

Menus:

Main Menu:
    - In the main menus, you can generally left-click on an icon (such as a B-button or a Y-button) to inact that function.
    - Esc acts as a back button.
    - Enter acts as the A-button, or Advance/Access

Customizing Your Golfer:
    - When the Select Rules and Players screen appears, left-click on the Edit Player icon just below the displayed players to enter the customization page.
    - Left-click on any of the icons on the screen to select and change them, including Change Golfer, Change to Left-Handed, or the various items of clothes.
    - Left-click on the Back (B) button to save your choices and return to the Select Rules and Players screen.

Course Browser:
    -Left-click on the LT or RT icons to change the Sort By criteria
    -Left-click on the LB or RB icon to change the Filter criteria
    -Left-click where it read “Search Text Here” to search by course name (the less you type the better, if you misspell something it won't be found).
    -Move up and down the list of courses by moving the mouse or using the arrow keys.
    -Select a course by pressing Enter, Left-click, or Right-Click

Course Creator:

When creating a new course, to adjust sliders, highlight the slider you wish to adjust and use the LMB/RMB to decrease and increase values respectively.

Main Menu:
    P - Play Menu - Play from here, play hole, play course, basically to test your hole/course
    L - Layout
    G – Terrain
    E – Appearance
    C – Create/Add
    Q - Save/Exit

Shortcuts to Edit Menus:
    M – Ruturn to Main Menu
    T - Theme
    W - Create hole
    B - Create bunker
    N - Create green
    O - Place objects

To move your view around the course:
    - Press and hold mouse-wheel and move mouse to rotate screen
    - Move mouse to the edges of the screen to move
    - Scroll mouse-wheel up and down to zoom in and out; remember certain options and objects only are available if you have zooomed close enough.
    -Press 'V' to switch cameras in real time, when setting up a shot. The cam will default back to your selected settings on the next shot.

Object editing/brushes
    - Use left-click or Enter key to select brush
    - Shift/Arrow keys or Shift/WASD to rotate or resize
    - Shift + Up/Down – Increase/Decrease for example, if you place a bunker, you can increase or decrease its size. - Press Spacebar (X button) to undo.
    - Shift + Left/Right - Rotate object, rotate left, rotate right
    - Raising and Lowering terrain - Push Shift and move the mouse wheel up and down.
    - Press escape to move back a level in the menu

Gameplay:

To use keyboard/mouse to play, go to Settings < Controls, and change Default Controller to KB/Mouse, and reload the level. (You can continue from a previous game)

Tee and approach shots:

- Adjust aim with A & D, or by holding mouse right button while moving the mouse left / right.
    - Club change with Z & X.
    -Quick Select clubs by pressing the keys between ~ and = (including the numbers)
    - C to toggle mode presets. (Normal, flop, chip etc)
    - Adjust stance (change loft and fade/draw) by holding left shift while doing the above (Keyboard WASD, or holding mouse right button while moving mouse) -- No effect while putting.
    - Toggle to/from the Hole Overview Camera (B Button) by pressing E, and Q would toggle to/from the Scout Camera (Y button). While in Scout camera view, scrolling the mouse wheel up or down will zoom in or out and holding the Right Mouse Button and moving the mouse will move the camera around. 1 returns to main camera view.
    - Swing, Hold mouse left button, mouse down, and then up to a point beyond where you started. (Hold left button until swing is well under way.)
    - ESC to reach pause menu
    - Use mouse and LMB to navigate pause menu or arrow keys
    -Press 'V' to switch cameras in real time, when setting up a shot. The cam will default back to your selected settings on the next shot.

Putting:

- Move putting aiming marker with W & S, or by holding mouse right button while moving the mouse up/down.
    - As with tee and approach shots, pressing Q will give you the Scout Camera (Y Button). Pressing E will give you the Putting Camera (B Button). While in the Putting Camera view you can move the camera around (including above the golfer) by holding down the Right Mouse Button and moving the mouse. When you release the RMB, the camera will stay where it is. You may then swing using the traditional swing mechanic of holding the LMB and pulling the mouse back and forward. To return to the regular camera view, either press 2 again, or press the 1 button.
    - ESC to reach pause menu
    - Use mouse and LMB to navigate pause menu or arrow keys

Taking Screenshots:

There is a screenshot tool in the game that was designed for our use only, but was accidentally left in on our first beta release. People liked it so we have left it there. Someday we will tidy it up, but as it was never initially intended for public use, it is sort of an 'as-is' thing for now. That being said, it can take some beautiful shots.

F12 should open the screenshot tool to take images of your course (we know this is the default Steam screenshot button, so you will have to remap in Steam or you will take a screenshot every time you open the tool). This tool allows you to tailor focal length, blur, etc. Pressing Enter (A button) will take the shot (if you use your Steam screnshot key the image will contain the tool's overlay). If you take the picture with the Enter key (or A button on the controller) the image will be saved to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\TheGolfClub and will ignore the tool overlay. There is no audible sound to let you know the shot was taken.

To exit the screenshot tool press Esc twice, then press F12 again.

Putting camera preset explained.

Originally posted by HB_AdamF
    The preset that you choose for your putting camera only shows when you use the actual putting camera, which is available to you while on the green, and is accessible by pressing "E" on your keyboard. Once you press "E" for the putting camera, the first angle to appear is your preset, you can then press "V" on keyboard to cycle through the available putting cameras (1-5). Sounds to me like you are just pressing "V" from the main camera view while on the green, which will cycle through the 4 main cameras.

Here is another explanation:

When you set the MAIN camera, it is the camera angle that shows when you are playing without using the "approach" or "putting" camera options, which are found by pressing "E" depending where your ball is (otherwise this key is for Hole Overview). If you are on the green, pressing "E" will take you into the putting cameras (first angle shown is your preset), and pressing "V" from here will switch you through the putting cameras. If you are within 40 yards of the hole, pressing "E" will take you to the approach cameras (first shown is your preset) , and "V" from here will switch between the approach cameras.

Hope that helps! Let me know if its not clear!
    Last edited by Maverick; 11-22-2014, 12:11 AM.

Thanks bubs i will try the s key. What does changing the shot type do? I thought this was to be ignored by sim users? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

All those are disabled in our version but what they will do is shorten the club you chose in the view you see.
      Mountain Time

Comment

yes, that is what I meant. Thanks SFR
        GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

If you lose internet connection is it still possible to play with TGC, with Protee there was an offline option.

Comment

Originally posted by Cklguy2013 View Post
            If you lose internet connection is it still possible to play with TGC, with Protee there was an offline option.

Yes, but you will be limited to some HB official courses and maybe a recent course that you played online. You have to select Offline mode from the main screen.

Comment

Interesting. When I go to favorites is says you need an online connection, but it does let you select from the "Select Course" main menu, actually that Little Brook Manor looks pretty good.
              Last edited by Cklguy2013; 12-17-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Not usre if this is the right spot for this... Feel free to move it if not.

Mainly this question is for Craig or anyone else that might be in the know on computer requirements for designing.

When I watch the instructional videos I notice that all the changes take place immediately like planting trees, grass, deepen a hole, ect. I was wondering if those guys have some super computer that allows that to happen or if everyone else has a delay like I have. Sometimes 1-2 sec.

I am using
                AMD 8350 black 4.0 CPU
                990 MSI MOBO
                975 PSU
                GTX 770 GPU 2gb

I also use an Xbox 360 wired controller and that in itself made things faster.

I am just wondering why I have the delay and I don't see that on the video's. What am I lacking as far as the computer components?

Here is a tip I can share that I learned the other night.

When planting multiple plants like grass. when making a border around the tree line or heavy rough edge... if you just get the left stick moving and keep it at a steady slow place you can repeatedly plant with the A button as fast as you can push it and then as soon as you stop on the stick it plants the patch you just laid. with the delay I am speaking of above of course. makes quick work of planting a border. each time you hit the A button on the controller it randomly changes the pattern of the grass so it looks natural when you done. And if you want it thicker you can just go over it again.

Protee
                CST Time zone

Comment

Can someone tell me where I find a list of all available courses? On The Golf Club I see where it says "All Courses." When I select that all I see are 14 courses. I must be missing something.
                  Thanks for the help.

Comment

Change the filter in the top right corner to public courses. You can also search by name.

Comment

I have 2 questions:
                      1. When I leave the game to go have dinner or something, I come back and TGC is in windowed mode and I can't go back to full screen. It also happened once where in the middle of the game something glitches and couldn't get back to full screen. When I exited, windowed was clicked. Is there a way?

2. In Protee, I. Go into settings and select 16:10. It works great. How do I run TGC in 16:10? I've selected 1680x1050 but it still displays at 16:9. My BenQ 1080st is set to "auto"

Thanks
                      My Courses:
                      World Par 3's by mthunt
                      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                      Weston G&CC by mthunt
                      London Hunt Club L mthunt
                      Park CC Lidar mthunt
                      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                      The National GC L mthunt
                      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                      Markland Woods CC mthunt
                      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                      Magna GC L mthunt
                      Barrie CC L mthunt
                      mthunt Range

Comment

1. Can try holding down alt and hitting enter

2. You should be able to select the correct resolution when you initially launch tgc. There are dropdowns with options for quality and resolution. I run a 16:10 res myself.

Comment

Y
                          Originally posted by mthunt View Post
                          I have 2 questions:
                          1. When I leave the game to go have dinner or something, I come back and TGC is in windowed mode and I can't go back to full screen. It also happened once where in the middle of the game something glitches and couldn't get back to full screen. When I exited, windowed was clicked. Is there a way?

2. In Protee, I. Go into settings and select 16:10. It works great. How do I run TGC in 16:10? I've selected 1680x1050 but it still displays at 16:9. My BenQ 1080st is set to &quot;auto&quot;

Thanks
                          Can't you just change the aspect on your Benq to 16:10? That should do the trick, right?

Comment

In Protee, the display setting offers 16:10. The projector automatically changes. If I manually change it, it offers real, stretch ect. No 16:10. Whatever aspect I select on start, it displays 16:9. I'll keep trying.

I'll try the Alt Enter next time.

Thanks
                            My Courses:
                            World Par 3's by mthunt
                            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                            Weston G&CC by mthunt
                            London Hunt Club L mthunt
                            Park CC Lidar mthunt
                            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                            The National GC L mthunt
                            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                            Markland Woods CC mthunt
                            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                            Magna GC L mthunt
                            Barrie CC L mthunt
                            mthunt Range

Comment

Quick question in TGC.

How do you remove a course from your favorite list?

I had an old version of this weeks course saved as a favorite in case I could play it but when it got changed with some tweaks it has a newer version which I also saved in favorites. Now even when I un click the favorite thumb tab and it is no longer red, it still shows up in my favorites list.
                              Mountain Time

Comment

In the instructions above it talks about adjusting stance for fade/draw. Is this for simulation too (protee) or just for the game aspect? Does it make a difference over leaving it at default and just hitting a cut/draw? Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X