TGC Picture Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC Picture Quality

I have been looking around other posts on here, and some peoples image quality looks amazing with TGC. I cant seem to get mine look good. It looks like im playing a video game from the early 2000s. I have a powerful new gaming PC (Asus Predator) and an HD Optima short throw projector. Ok heres the kicker..is it really my Carls Place "standard" impact screen that is giving m the grainy picture?

I have the same screen and the resolution is fine. When running TGC what are you setting the window resolution to?

Comment

• David DeWitt
      David DeWitt commented
      Editing a comment
      I set it to the highest one. 1920x whatever it is can't remember

David

I’ve seen poor image quality before. I fixed it by doing an update to the graphics card drivers. I’m guessing that pc comes with a Nvidia graphics card. I think you can access the update by right clicking on the desktop and you should see Nvidia there. Click on it and you should find a place there to click on for an update.

Hope this helps

Comment

• David DeWitt
      David DeWitt commented
      Editing a comment
      So my graphics cards are updated and I'm still having same issue. Game looks great on my computer, so I'm convinced it's the screen. It's frustrating...I cat discern rough from fairway it all blurs together

I had the same Carl's screen with the Optima 1080p short throw and I was never happy either. I went with the Par2pro SQ screen recently and it made a big difference in image quality. The Carl's screen is a bit too transparent I think and it let's too much light through which diminishes the pic. The Sq screen just seem more tightly put together and the image pops alot more now. I'm using a geforce 1060 6gn graphics card..

Comment

• David DeWitt
      David DeWitt commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it's much cheaper too

• David DeWitt
      David DeWitt commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely think youre right. Do you think putting a black sheet behind the screen would help?

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      Couldn't hurt IMO. Would probably help with the loss of light and make the pic "pop" more. I never tried that because I just got used to it and then had a hole in the screen so I just ended up replacing it when the deal on the SQ came around.

I have seen some of the standard screens improve with something behind them. I have the Carl's premium and have no issues. If you have the optima darbee make sure the settings with the darbee feature are not set too high. This is really for motion video and not sure it effects pc levels. Also check sharpness. Some presets change sharpness.

Comment

How far is your projector mounted away from your screen? Do you have a GT1080? Anything further than about 7.5ft away will make the image look a bit washed out and fairways, rough will probably blur into one. As you already mentioned a sheet behind the net will help stop the light bleed a little bit, I would go for a white sheet though not black.

Comment

• David DeWitt
        David DeWitt commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I am about 7 feet away, but I go closer the image is too small. I put up a sheet behind it and it helps with brightness/color but the image still looks so wased out. Not very sharp at all. Its very disappointing that I can't figure out why. The projector is the Optoma EH200ST which is supposedly top of the line!

Do you have a white or nearly white wall anywhere that you can project onto from a similar distance? That way you can see what the image looks like without the screen for comparison. I don't think the quality is that great on my screen and projector combo but I can at least see the difference between rough and fairway on most courses. What video mode are you using on your projector? Have you tweaked all the settings and made sure the lamp is set to bright not eco? Another thing I would also do is adjust the image settings in the Nvidia control panel. It lets you overide the application settings and I think there is a setting called digital vibrance or something similar and that seemed to really make a difference to the colour on my screen.

Comment

May sound crazy, but you do have the settings inside TGC setup for optimal quality correct? Meaning when you hook up a Monitor it looks better than the Projector/Screen combo, right? If it doesn't then you need to adjust/upgrade the quality settings inside TGC. There are many..and some make a big difference.

Top ones I can think of...depending on your rig... Quality/Distance of Trees, DOF, Antialiasing etc....

Comment

Originally posted by David DeWitt View Post
          I have been looking around other posts on here, and some peoples image quality looks amazing with TGC. I cant seem to get mine look good. It looks like im playing a video game from the early 2000s. I have a powerful new gaming PC (Asus Predator) and an HD Optima short throw projector. Ok heres the kicker..is it really my Carls Place "standard" impact screen that is giving m the grainy picture?
          I have the standard and been super happy with it. I watch Netflixs on it as well. Quality has always been great. I do have a blanket as a backing.

Comment

Working...
          X