Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to TGC 2019 from TGC still free for new purchases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to TGC 2019 from TGC still free for new purchases?

Hi,

With the sim version of TGC 2019 sounding like it's happening in the next ~2 months, is the upgrade to TGC 2019 from TGC still going to be free for anyone who buys TGC from now until that release?

What about buying / transferring a TGC license from another person?

ProTee United - can you confirm?

Thanks.
    Last edited by caldiver; 12-07-2018, 10:58 PM.

They've stated already that it'll be free.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

Thanks. I was trying to find the original thread but couldn't find it. Also wasn't sure if the free upgrade applied for a certain period (e.g., 2018 only) or all the way up until the release of TGC 2019. This question also came up in a few other threads I browsed through so thought I'd ask explicitly in case it was helpful to others.
      Last edited by caldiver; 12-07-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. My TGC license expired, and I'm waiting to purchase a full license until 1) either the 2019 version drops or 2) there is an "official" statement that an upgrade would be free.

I've designed a few courses on 2019 through PS4 and am dying to play them on my Skytrak!

Comment

I wish TGC had a demo to play on Skytrak. I am playing the demo version of TruGolf and I am leaning towards purchasing it. I hear great things about TGC but would love to try it first. Also what I have read TGC doesn’t have a stellar record of following through with what they promise. Might be wrong on that. Like release dates that come and go. The way I look at it now is that I will purchase TruGolf for year and wait for TGC 2019 to be released and all the bugs to be worked out then if TGC is all that and a can of beans I will purchase it for the following year. Unless there is someone here who can convince me the TGC is that much better than TruGolf. Thanks!

Comment

• wbond
            wbond commented
            Editing a comment
            What haven't they followed through on? Missing release dates is done by every single company in this industry. People have been waiting on Trugolf for a very long time. Missing dates should be your least concern. Find out which software has what you are looking for and go with that. With a little bit of searching, there is more than enough material to review to make an informed decision.

• Fieldygolf
            Fieldygolf commented
            Editing a comment
            I had tru golf and trust me graphically it doesn't come close to the golf club @protee are great and the new 2019 will knock the socks of trugolf. Buy it, the tour is great too.

Mdsypher I did the same thing, no regrets. E6 1.6 subscription for next 12-months via Skytrak and will re-evaluate. By then maybe E6 Connect is out too? Perhaps there’s new entrants to the space, maybe sim vendors we don’t even know of yet!

Comment

Thanks Alphaseekr! I think I will go ahead with TruGolf.

Comment

wbond I have read many threads on TGC not releasing software when they said they were gong to. But those might be wrong and as I said I might be wrong. My main point is that I wish they would also release a demo so I could try it. It would make my decision easier if I could actually try out their software myself. Even if it were for only two weeks. I was hoping that people would comment on what makes each software different or better than the other.

Comment

Mdsypher The information you seek is buried herein. Work the forum search hard. Watch YouTube vids for software demos. Find a local simulator place maybe. Right now everyone on this place who has TGC I never heard has regretted it.
                Secondly , everyone with TGC is waiting with baited breath for TGC2019 to drop. It's crunch time for the development, as we're on the cusp of TGC evolving into its next phase. There's no time for a demo development now.

There's no point almost in itemizing the differences between the software's even though as I said it's all over in the Forum because the next game is coming out shortly making it moot.

​​​​​​​And I would say if TGC2019 is not a buggy scene out of the gates, which it could be or will be, the game will clearly have superior graphics than E6 and the customization should be on par with E6. When Developers for E6 get their act together and release a genuine Next Generation game graphically is open to discussion. But E6 is great you can't go wrong with it.
                both have strengths and weaknesses and it's almost impossible to guess what one person will prefer on balance. For instance I like the flight better on E6 on the ball as it takes off and the real time tracking of the flight in the left-hand corner on the mini map. Conversely I played E6 on FullSwing at local bar which is a first-rate simulator technology, however the putting on that was finicky and esp distance control. I've been pleasantly surprised at the putting accuracy and joy I've had with the GC2 TGC combo rivaling that FullSwing system.

Comment

• Mdsypher
                  Mdsypher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks 72soltice! I have read a lot on both and I just wish I could see it in action. I will look around the Kansas City area to see if anyone has it. I agree with other people on this thread that the putting and chipping on TG is awful. I do like the approach shots and tee shots. Graphics are good. I do like the separate tees and for $300 for a year subscription I am leaning hard towards TG. Then see what everyone is saying about TGC in a year. Thanks again for your input.

Originally posted by Mdsypher View Post
                wbond I have read many threads on TGC not releasing software when they said they were gong to. But those might be wrong and as I said I might be wrong. My main point is that I wish they would also release a demo so I could try it. It would make my decision easier if I could actually try out their software myself. Even if it were for only two weeks. I was hoping that people would comment on what makes each software different or better than the other.
                OK. I'll bite now. TGC doesn't post a lot of release dates thus they don't miss them. The only release date was for TGC and it was met. The only discussion that didn't happen was a discussion of a possible TGC2 coming out but there was no release posted and they scrapped it to move to TGC2019.

For some reason, people that like PG hate TGC and say missed release dates, no multiple tees etc. I'm not sure why. Correct, TGC doesn't have multiple tees. Not sure why that is so important to everyone that uses PG. Personally both are great and both work fine. It comes down to personal preference. I prefer TGC. I like the ball flight, short game and graphics better. The way the ball bounces seems strange on PG. Just my preference. I have a friend come over and he prefers PG. He says he like the graphics better. I've played Augusta and Sawgrass on both and both are great. I just like the ball flight and graphics on TGC better. I also paid a lot of money for TGC as I bought ProTee at the old price thus I'm invested.

I have all of the software's out there so I'll let you know my thoughts. E6 is good and has great practice features and great graphics but costs a lot more than TGC plus upgrades are more money. There are lots of courses but it's limited and course packs are expensive. TGC has a lot of great courses and you are also able to create courses. As good as this is it leads to problems. There's 170,000 courses. I'd bet that 169,000 aren't worth playing but guess what, that means 1000 are and they are free. You just need to use the resources here to know which to play. I play 50-100 rounds a year at Mississaugua Golf Club and the version here is super well made. lol. The tour and forum and really good. The support from ProTee is top notch and the game, for what, 800 bucks, is amazing value. It's unreal. How much is E6? If you buy it annually, how much are courses?

The bottom line both are great but there's a large separation in costs. IMO, you don't always get what you pay for.
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  E6 is a no go for most people because they rob you blind for 1800 bucks for like 15 courses then want 400 for a course pack.
                  I played the demo and it wasn't bad but the short game stunk on the demo and TGC and PG were both better IMO.
                  If E6 was priced comparative to the others maybe it would be worth it to some people but the other options are better value.
                  I even enjoyed the creative 3d golf demo because it ran on my crappy laptop so I didn't have to log my desktop out to the golf shed to get some swings in on a course.
                  I have TGC and PG and both are good for different reasons. Either way, you hit the ball and it flies off into the course. For the price of either you can't go wrong. I'm just happy I get to play golf when it's 20 degrees outside for 3 months .

• Mdsypher
                  Mdsypher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks mthunt! TGC now at $795 is hard to pass up but what is going to happen with the new release and cost? I read a thread posted here and it sounds like nobody really knows. TG is $299 for a year right now. You get around 12 courses which for me I think will be enough. Yes the chipping and putting are awful but I am getting use to them on the demo. So far I mainly use the sim for practicing tee shots and approach shots. That probably will change though. I am still leaning towards TG but that changes daily. Lol. Thanks again for your input!
                  Last edited by Mdsypher; 12-11-2018, 04:35 AM.

• Mdsypher
                  Mdsypher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  cooke23. I totally agree! Let us try it and let us make our own decisions. But haters are going to hate! Lol

See post #10 for ProTee United's TGC2019 upgrade policy :
                https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...y-for-tgc-2019

Comment

• Mdsypher
                  Mdsypher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  bdog01. Thanks for sharing that thread. I read through most of it. Unless I missed it. Nobody really knows what or if there will be an extra charge for the new TGC? I personally believe there shouldn’t be any additional charges for people who bought in. If their new product is all that, then charge newcomers like me more. Lol. Thanks again!

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude, you need to buy what makes sense to you. If multiple tees is important buy something with multiple tees. If you’re concerned about TGC upgrades, you have lots of options. It’s not like it used to be. No bad answers.

• rjd1975
                  rjd1975 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To me, the online simulator tour offered with TGC makes it the winner. If you are not going to play in that then I am sure the other options are good. I agree that the multiple tees is a great feature for all products that have it. I would like TGC to have Scramble format but I am here for the tour. AND, as a lefty, I mostly play alone so the tees aren't as big a deal for me.

Jwheels9876. E6 right now is $299 for a year. So I might go with that and make the switch in a year or so. If the new TGC is awesome I might pull the trigger sooner. And your right! We are hitting balls with snow on the ground. Life is good! Thanks for your input!

Comment

Yeah, it's understood TGC2019 will have multiple sets of tees. It's a known bother for us all having TGC now without them.

Comment

Update: I sent an email to protee-united and they confirmed that if TGC is purchased in 2018, then TGC 2019 will be a free upgrade.

Same info as the link from comment #11 above. (Weird that I can't go back and edit my original post.)

See you folks on tour.

Comment

Any ideas what the upgrade cost might be for those who purchased prior to 2018.

Comment

Working...
                    X