X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Alpha Testing

Alpha testers please sign-up here: https://tgcsim.com/alphatesting/

Originally posted by 72solstice View Post
    Can someone clarify, if one has the GC2 you check the Protee option?
    I'd also like to know. In another thread I was told GSA = GC2, sure would like a confirmation on that !!

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      GSA is a different sim. GC2 uses a ProTee interface.

I would like to play Alpha!

Comment

man, i got my TGC lifetime license 2nd hand a few months before 2018. i hope they will still consider me for the free upgrade!

Comment

Does anyone know when we will be notified if we are accepted for alpha testing and or the free upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Gazpacho View Post
          What about different tee boxes, men’s and ladies...otherwise it’s worthless
          Do you really only use sim software in multiple tee mode? That’s all that matters? Nothing else? I must be missing out on something.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• jrz
            jrz commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a little harsh, mthunt, might you agree?

• triplebogeysrbetter
            triplebogeysrbetter commented
            Editing a comment
            if playing with someone that is a shorter hitter why not play from their tees aka course name white tees and just drive with a hybrid.

I guess someone will always complain

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            The bottom line is multiple tees is hugely beneficial but it shouldn’t be a deal breaker. My kid hits it as far me so that leaves my wife who has played in the sim twice.

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

Do you really only use sim software in multiple tee mode? That’s all that matters? Nothing else? I must be missing out on something.
          I think it's the difference between playing alone vs in a social setting.

I can only play par 3 / executive courses with my wife. It's hard enough to convince people to try golf, let alone simulator golf. Handicap doesn't feel like a meaningful challenge difference if your friends take 8 strokes to hit the green and then don't putt because sim putting isn't natural so you disabled putting. They don't like to see you blast past them when you play from the same tees.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadR7371 View Post

I think it's the difference between playing alone vs in a social setting.

I can only play par 3 / executive courses with my wife. It's hard enough to convince people to try golf, let alone simulator golf. Handicap doesn't feel like a meaningful challenge difference if your friends take 8 strokes to hit the green and then don't putt because sim putting isn't natural so you disabled putting. They don't like to see you blast past them when you play from the same tees.
            That’s fair but something being useless means it has zero redeeming qualities without that one feature. No one uses multiple tees alone. I’ve had a simulator in my house for 5 years. In five years, I’ve never once said, boy oh boy, if only I had multiple tees. Keep in mind I have like 5 softwares to use. It’s available to me.
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Burlington G&CC by mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            London Hunt Club L mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            Sunningdale GC Robinson L
            Sunningdale GC Thompson L
            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

Comment

Plus, dude dude dude, multiply tees aint solving 8 strokes to get to the green.........there is only so much you can do to make a game between a scratch player and a beginner competative

Comment

Originally posted by dg_1983 View Post
              Plus, dude dude dude, multiply tees aint solving 8 strokes to get to the green.........there is only so much you can do to make a game between a scratch player and a beginner competative
              Anything helps. 3000 vs 6000/7000 yards would definitely be a plus though. Otherwise, I’m hitting lob wedges so they don’t get too discouraged. I’ve seen real golf courses put the front most tees so that there are almost no forced carries, I hope map designers consider this for kids and beginners.

Still, multiple tees is one of the features I’m looking forward to most. I hope the maps can be updated easily. I’d love to play some of the championship courses, but hitting driver 3w on every long par 4 gets old. I’d like to occasionally see a birdie.

#teeitforward
              #liveunderpar

Comment

Multiple tees will be a welcome addition for anyone who has a wife or kids that play in the sim. I hope 2 and 4 ball scramble mode makes it in, IMO that's more important because it makes the game go much quicker when you have people over and your less talented friends can still whack it around and have fun but not have to struggle through 130 shots if their partner is half decent at least.

Comment

• FaultyClubs
                  FaultyClubs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have family members play and the lack of multiple tees hasn't been an issue. We just pick a course everyone can play. So personally I think multiple tees is a philosophical necessity more than a practical one.

Absolutely agree on the scramble modes. Are they in the pc version of the game? I'm not sure how easy it is for Protee to add new modes.

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mthunt... more than anything it saves huge amounts of time. When I play with my wife, we use the 2 ball scramble on the other game. Even though it has ladies tees, she is just a beginner so it's more fun for her to have a chance to help us make a good score on a hole instead of whacking it 10 times until she finishes the hole. When I have 4 guys over to play, we always use scramble mode also, we.just pair the 1 better guy with 1 lesser player on each team and it makes it a good competitive match usually.

I dont really have the time to play online but local scramble definitely comes in handy more than any other mode besides just regular stroke play.

• simmb
                  simmb commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Think the only new modes added are alternate shot and skins I can't see scramble in the PC version.

This is great news to wake up to today! Hopefully I am selected for the alpha test and free upgrade (purchased full license in 2016)

Comment

Multiple tees is HUGE!!! If I could play a course appropriate for my 7-year old where I’m not hitting lob wedge on every hole, that’s a game changer. Same with my wife. Give me some courses with generous ladies tees, YOUNG kid tees (like 60-140 yards), and men’s tees and I’ll jump for joy.

Fortunately, I have Creative Golf 3D, which has multiple tees (just not enough yardage difference between tees) where we can play scrambles together. We still generally play the short courses together, but it’s better than being limited to pitch and putt courses on TGC.

Comment

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                    If I could play a course appropriate for my 7-year old where I’m not hitting lob wedge on every hole, that’s a game changer. Same with my wife.
                    We're getting multiple tees in the new version so the point is moot but in the meantime I'd suggest trying the opposite. Go longer. It might sound crazy playing a 7000 yard course with a 5 yr old but that's what we do. However we only play with one golfer and take turns hitting. It works great as both people can usually hit all their normal shots. Our goal is to score par as a team.

Comment

• Godfather
                      Godfather commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah that’s a good idea and a good format for real-life, too. We play in a season ending parent/child tournament that is like that and it definitely works well.

• wbond
                      wbond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great idea, I’ve never thought to do this with my son. We usually just play short courses and I will use irons only.

Scramble would be great. It is tough to wait for 5 shots until you can hit again

Comment

Actually the ladies usually give up by the 3rd hole.... close to two hours by this point. Scramble would make it better.

Comment

Working...
                      X