TGC designer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC designer help

Is it possible to rotate greens and other object on course creater? If so, how? I am using a PC if that makes a difference. Also I watched the video on the trace method. I wish there was sound. Not sure how to get the “peek through” software for windows 10. So far I am happy with the purchase of TGC except for the issues I have had about it not shutting down all the way. Thanks in advance!

I don't believe there is anyway to rotate the greens, at least not the generated ones. You are best advised to create your own custom greens, rather than generating them.

Comment

• Mdsypher
      Mdsypher commented
      Editing a comment
      @BadEdiieKit I figured this out the other day. Almost any object can be rotated by holding down the Alt key and rotating the “wheel” on the mouse. Once I figured this out it made things so much easier on designing.

• BadEddieKit
      BadEddieKit commented
      Editing a comment
      oh okay.. that's good to hear that there is a way. I have been designing on the PS4 in the past, and I'm not aware of any way to do that on there.

• Mdsypher
      Mdsypher commented
      Editing a comment
      BadEddieKit you might want to watch some utube videos. One guy on there is using an Xbox controller (I know not the same) you might be able to figure out how he rotating objects and cross reference with a the PS4 controller.

second what Badeddie said. Make your own greens don't use auto generated. I tried to use peek through or another similar software with win10 never could get it to work. Used google earth n meausuring tools. Not sure what u mean about not shutting down.

Comment

• Mdsypher
      Mdsypher commented
      Editing a comment
      It has taken over a week of trial and error and huge learning curve for me to get the design part of TGC down. I am still learning certain nuisances but I feel comfortable with it now. Please look at my response to Madeddiekit about rotating. The Skytrak interface will not shutdown all the way. If I close out of my sim and try to reopen it, a message pops saying that the interface is running in background and I am unable to open the actual simulator program. I look for where it is still running and can’t find it. I have to restart my computer to get it to open. I contacted ProTee they gave me a new key and instructions but it did not help. I recontacted them and have not heard back. Thanks for the response!

You can rotate a green if it was built using a single brush. You spoke about the trace method. In this software that’s done with multiple brushes so once the green is created you can’t move it.

I use peek through but on Windows 8

The new software uses something called splines which is light years better than brushes for creating RCR’s and using the trace method. I still use brushes to create bunkers.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• Mdsypher
      Mdsypher commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mthunt! I am sorry but I have no idea what you mean by brushes. I am not that computer savvy. What I do is create a hole and then I shrink the auto generated green down as far as I can. Then I create a new green on top of it. Sometimes I have time several auto generated greens to get the shape I want. I rotate each one until I get the shape I want. When designing a local course the green may not be 💯 Correct but it is close. You might know this. Once you publish a course can you go back and edit it? Also once it is published can anyone play it? Xbox or PlayStation users? Or just people with sims? I am looking forward to the new update. I love the design option on TGC. Thanks again for all your input!

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
    You can rotate a green if it was built using a single brush. You spoke about the trace method. In this software that’s done with multiple brushes so once the green is created you can’t move it.

I use peek through but on Windows 8

The new software uses something called splines which is light years better than brushes for creating RCR’s and using the trace method. I still use brushes to create bunkers.
    You can edit published courses and publish them again but the original remains there. If it's published using sim software only sim people can see it. If it's published using video game software they can see it.

A brush is the shape you use to put down a green or fairway or bunker. They are called brushes.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L