X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Alpha version TGC2019

TGC2019_ScreenGrab

Hi awesome forum members!

With pride and joy we are happy to announce we have just sent out the first few invites for the alpha of The Golf Club 2019, so quickly check your Private Messages.

We will start to send out more invitations each day, more every day.

Haven’t received an invite to the alpha yet? It’s on its way, so please wait patiently.

For those lucky players that already have there invitation, please share your experiences in this topic.

Those who haven’t received it yet, please enjoy the content that gets shared while we work on your invites.

OMG...… setting up my appearance and I accidentally gave myself a man bun. Delete Delete

Comment

just sent in my machine ID. Email refresh,refresh,refresh........

Comment

Originally posted by simmb View Post
        Ok so literally had about 20 mins on this so this is a very early quick review. Installation went smoothly make sure you have about 12GB free but it's all straight forward enough. If you have played the Steam version you will be familiar with the new layout, you can spend hours customising things if you wish but I skipped all that to jump straight onto the course. First thing you notice is the improved graphics, to me they look a lot better and all the little extras, grandstands(no crowds so far), tv towers all add to the experience.
        Second thing that is an obvious difference is the ball physics, this does play a lot different to TGC1. I haven't changed any settings so don't know if there are any environmental settings but the ball reacts differently on landing, it's a bit more bouncy is the best way I can describe it. Balls landing on the greens seem to react a bit more like real life(for me at least), didn't have any balls stop dead from 15 yards chips or low irons that hit the green and stop within 1 yard or so.
        Obviously it's hard to tell much from 20 mins but so far I am loving it. Thank you Protee I think TGC 2019 could be a game changer.
        Nice! Honestly this is the most exciting thing for me to test right away if I get a download link this weekend. I want to dig into the chipping and pitching part of tgc2019 the most. Feel like tgc1 stopped the ball way too quickly on these shots and it became super easy to chip/pitch within 6ft once you've gotten used to how quickly the ball would stop on the greens.

Great initial news there. Giant step towards more and more realism there
        Last edited by Ironstrokes; 01-16-2019, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          chipping has been improved. Overall ball physics around the green seem more realistic.

• dborden0
          dborden0 commented
          Editing a comment
          I just pray that chipping with the skytrak inside 20 doesn't suck. I know it's more of a skytrak thing...

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that we all have to play within the limitations of our sims. My GSA sim.... I have to carry at least 2 yards on my chipping or else it won't read correctly. This is due to the fact that the cameras are a few feet away and not a few inches. I have learned to live with it. Go to the range and figure out what works best for you.

Setting up the golfer is worth the price of admission. I’m 6’7 and 300lbs

Comment

• gnomike
          gnomike commented
          Editing a comment
          cool! Cuz IRL you're 5'4" and 300 lbs !!

• triplebogeysrbetter
          triplebogeysrbetter commented
          Editing a comment
          Just don’t tell anyone!
          I rock this Dad body!!

• gnomike
          gnomike commented
          Editing a comment
          hellz ya you do! lol

I feel like a little kid on the playground waiting to be picked ! Please pick me, please pick me!

Comment

• Mxwoodman
          Mxwoodman commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha ha I'm right with you hopefully soon

Need help, no shots are flying in TGC2019 or TGC. I'm using a GC2, shots are showing up in GSX interface.

Comment

• ProTee Max
          ProTee Max commented
          Editing a comment
          Please check your mail

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          ProTee Max You guys are the bomb. Balls are flying now. Thank you.

• FaultyClubs
          FaultyClubs commented
          Editing a comment
          GC2 worked fine here. Installation was smooth.

GSA works right from the get go. No need to change anything.... well done ProTee @mthunt.... get your range in there ASAP.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          It should be in there.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought I saw it on the steam version. Mthunt search brings "The Meadows" and that's it. Maybe have to wait for the next upload.

Comment

Download took what seemed like forever (3hrs), I emailed protee my machine ID and they had a key code sent within 20 minutes. Everything installation wise was a snap once I got past the painful download.All I can say is this.... The game appearance and presentation is awesome. I would say a 100% improvement in visuals compared to TGC. This is even with my old Optima projector and a five year old HD screen with 150,000 ball marks. Ball physics seem good, a bit hard to stop a wedge with spin. The new cameras are great, very panoramic. Playing the front nine on Pebble Beach was pretty amazing. Putting cams are so much better . I did find one issue with rewind function, it always switches back to default club after first rewind. This was an issue in beta with the original TGC. I emailed protee and they said they would fix. Could not find a course folder in the directory or any way to load my own courses yet. I'm sure this is coming. Was really hoping to play test the front nine of Whistling Straits 2019 today.
          Last edited by Craig118; 01-17-2019, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
            triplebogeysrbetter commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to download it twice. First time was corrupt

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            Craig the course folder is here: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_\The Golf Club 2019 ProTee\Courses

Fingers crossed over here... eagerly reading comments in the mean time!

Comment

Power to the people!!!

Comment

Issues I've noticed
              1-The numbers on the keyboard no longer align to the clubs in the bag, hit 7 and it shows 8, hit 8 and shows 9. I tried to modify the bag for wedges to remove one to see if it can be fixed, but you only get one wedge option in the wedge section so I don't know how there are 4 in the standard setup. I changed out the top of the bag no problem and it showed in the game when using z or x.
              2-When on the green and putting, then hitting q to go into scout cam, you can not move the camera backwards or forwards. Only the marker moves and then it will be out of view. Before I could hit s (i think this is the key) and the camera would move back along the putting line. This works in the fairway, but not on the green. I tried it on two different courses.
              3-The scout cam snaps to the flag instead of where you moved the aiming reticule. It happens on the chipping practice green and it happened on a couple holes when putting.
              4-The screen stays black for a much longer time after finishing holes before the next tee box shows up.

Comment

• wbond
                wbond commented
                Editing a comment
                It is not necessary unless you are trying to putt from off the green. It's only useful for scout cam or if you want to track your shots.

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought the ball trace looked excessive too during the demo.

• FaultyClubs
                FaultyClubs commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree 100% on the ball tracer. I turned it off.

Please pick me....have a full day off tomorrow!

Comment

As soon as I noticed I had the download link I called my internet provider and bumped my internet to 300mbs. Download was done in 5-8 minutes
                My Courses:

DGWCBETA1 (L)
                Shack's Window Co. Beta1 (L)
                Quarry Golf Club V2 (L)
                Metamora Fields V1 (L)
                Metamora Fields Par 3 (L)
                University Ridge V1 (L)
                Stonewall_North_gCool/B33 (L)
                Stonewall_Old_gCool/B33 (L)
                Green Hill G.C. V2(L)
                The Bear Forest CC V2 (L)
                Perkins & Friends V1 (L)
                Bellewood CC V1(L)
                Stonewall North Par 3 (L)
                Stonewall Old Par 3 (L)
                The Ranch V1 (L)
                Shenandoah BlueRed V1 (L)

Comment

I have 50 mb…. mine was pretty quick. ProTee responded in less than 5 min with my code. Back to playing.

Comment

Working...
                  X