X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Alpha version TGC2019

TGC2019_ScreenGrab

Hi awesome forum members!

With pride and joy we are happy to announce we have just sent out the first few invites for the alpha of The Golf Club 2019, so quickly check your Private Messages.

We will start to send out more invitations each day, more every day.

Haven’t received an invite to the alpha yet? It’s on its way, so please wait patiently.

For those lucky players that already have there invitation, please share your experiences in this topic.

Those who haven’t received it yet, please enjoy the content that gets shared while we work on your invites.

• You guys can change the course conditions before you tee off. I found KPC to have fast firm greens. The greens around here are a lot softer as I tend to play cheap courses. Next time I will slow the greens down a bit and maybe make them softer. I had FRAPS going but I forgot to look..... I was very busy trying to golf well. The game seemed really smooth.... I will look next round or record it. Hate that tracer but need it to see where the ball is..... my old eyes are not what they used to be.

Comment

• Solstice72
      Solstice72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds all awesome. But I had that Tracer pegged as a problem the second I saw the demo video

• Fieldygolf
      Fieldygolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Have you tried this yet. I have and can't seem to see the difference, The balls react very well on chip and pitches when hit correctly.

• I’ve played about 30 holes and here are my thoughts:

1. I know you can adjust the HUD, but even at 0 I think the hole number, club selection, and especially the Ready to Swing/Wind could go up higher on the screen and/or be much smaller...at 0 I can’t see everything on the left or right of the screen.

2. I played mostly pebble beach with the greens on fast and they are way fast. Played a few on slow and that setting seems to match TGC1 and the course I play IRL. So that’s not a big deal. But the settings for stimp and other green settings must be overridden by the green speed settings in the game?

3. I like the ball physics. Had some weird bounces to be sure, but it feels more real to me that way, and I’m sure that fairway and green firmness settings would make a difference. I left those on the course defaults.

4. Had a lot of “lost connections”...one on the green at 18 and it out back on Hole 4 when I tried to resume.

5. Ball tracer is fine with me, but I do like when I shut it off, that I can still see my ball (has kind of a halo around it, when it gets out a ways)

6. Does anyone know why my scorecard will show scores like 3 on hole one and then hole two said 5X, got a 5 on that hole, just don’t know what the X means? Maybe once I’ve played 5 complete rounds the X would show my net score? Or is that telling me something else? No GIR?

Those are my initial thoughts.

Will post more more as I test more. Back hurts now tho.

P.S. Does anyone know for sure what I need to do to play TGC 1...just change the platform in the settings file? And if so, is it just TGC?

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s in gameplay. You have to turn gimmes on.

• DOC
      DOC commented
      Editing a comment
      X near the score of a hole on the scorecard means that you finished that hole with a gimme. When you hole out, it does not put that mark. If you play "no gimme" you do not see that mark in any hole. My opinion: that x mark is a little bit distracting on the scorecard.

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was wondering what that was also and I think it's an eyesore on the scorecard. Nobody probably even cares if they get a gimmie or they holed out. Only matters what the score says.

• Originally posted by Fieldygolf View Post
    ProTee United First thoughts, F**king AWESOME. This is so much better. Better physics, easy install, amazing graphics. The ball reacts how it should do. Are you old courses available on search function? I searched protege and only two courses came up. Its my wife b'day today and I have already been in the sim room which went down well. I have had a couple of short putts not register (skytrak) but apart from the few holes I have played no issues. More thorough testing to follow.
    TGC/ Old courses don’t get moved over unless someone moves them. There’s no need to label them ProTee with multiple tees. Just play the tee you want.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• Fieldygolf
      Fieldygolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks just saw this post as I was posting.

• Played 8 holes on pebble and sawgrass. Changed the green to soft before I tee'd off and kept the speed to default. I didn't really notice much different in balls reacting to softest imo. Totally in love though its so good. I think the ball roll out physics are more realistic and very good. Be nice if the green were to hold more though. I was hitting soft pitches and bunker shots that rolled forever. @protee great job. How long before the 2019 tour starts lol. I know its only a day into testing but really think its something special. Defo nowhere near as buggy as tgc was on release. To be fair I would say you almost have a finished product from the holes I played. I don't think the roll out in the rough is unrealistic,. Again this depends on courses that you play. If I play links gold where the rough is 2 feet high irl you get no role but the course I have played are what I would expect. Augusta, sawgrass & pebble plus a couple of others, can't remember the names. The way the ball rolls on the fairway is great. I hit one shot very low off the tee hit a bum ands jumped into the air how I would have expected it to. It tgc it would have stuck. Very good and more testing to follow. Would be nice if we could have a course list or something. I hear that the original courses have merged over? Sawgrass and Pebble defiantly appeared the same apart from graphic increase. I also don't think the side spin is as much of an issue as it was in tgc. Might be wrong but my thoughts. Loving this and all on my wifes birthday.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it is just how people view it then cause I thought the deep rough had way too much bounce and roll and the greens were perfect on moderate speed and soft setting. I chipped one in and had a few others from around 30 yards or so react perfectly and all my approach shots stuck that had the right amount of spin. mostly anything 7 and above stuck nicely and 6 and under hit and rolled a little bit extra as normal.

• Fieldygolf
      Fieldygolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly that everyone has different opinions. I think its great though. The rough on the courses that I have played sawgrass, Augusta pebble are not like rough on courses here in the uk. The rough here is brutal on the courses I play. I musty admit I haven't played golf in the states but just looking at the pga tour I think its pretty realistic. I did get some wedges to hold up and I hit down on the ball quite aggressively so maybe different mats etc have different results. Im using skylark and true strike.

• Ps I quite like the tracer. Maybe it could be a bit thinner and not show once the ball lands but considering this is alpha testing very impressed.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      It should be off anywhere near the greens. no need to see shot tracer on a 10 yard chip lol.. And yes, when the ball hits the ground, it should also be off.

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      While I disagree with the tracer..... I am also very impressed with how well the game plays. I didn't slow down my greens for the first round. Putts were almost rolling 50% farther than TGC. For my next round I will try to soften and slow down the greens to match my local conditions.

• Can't wait to try it.

Comment

• Putting does seem realistic.

Comment

• Fieldygolf
        Fieldygolf commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed I like the putting

• DOC
        DOC commented
        Editing a comment
        For sure. In and around the green, it is great.

• Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post
      Any word on the possibility of saving multiple users and each of their stats separately? Or is that not a thing that will be available in the alpha version...if its going to be included at all?
      Very curious about this as well...

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
        Editing a comment
        Will test tonight. Waiting for dinner and my son to finish his homework

• chriscwhite
        chriscwhite commented
        Editing a comment
        VERY interested in this and all stats being reported accurately.

• triplebogeysrbetter
        Editing a comment
        Unable to complete to fully testing saving a guest. We’re able to use the multiple tee option.

• has anyone testing noticed if the ball drops for water hazards etc are still kinda wacky....im still hitting the refresh button..not in yet..lol

Comment

• I am not in either... My finger is getting tired of refreshing...

Comment

• I wish some of the done button were on the side instead of the very bottom. I have a laptop and touch mouse. Becomes a pain to scroll all the way to the bottom.

Something like "pagedn" "pageup" "done"

Comment

• Crappy little video of me first trying it out. Don't have my garage all set up like I used to for the videos. Will be better in the future eventually. Gonna lay out my thoughts when I finish up playing for today too

Comment

• The magic continues. I have found course settings. If I set the green to moderate speed and soft for firmness. I then set my terrain to firm. I now have local conditions. Some greens around here may be slow for speed. I will try slow speed next round. It is nice to see the fairway roll out like my home courses. We will have to find a happy medium for tour course conditions.

Comment

• FaultyClubs
                FaultyClubs commented
                Editing a comment
                Custom course conditions is great! But I haven't found a way to save my changes. Is there a way? If not, that would be a useful improvement. Otherwise I have to edit the conditions every time I play the course.

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                Good point. Not sure if there is a way. That would be helpful. When not playing the tour. I would like to see the ball react like the local courses around here. Soft greens and rather firm fairways. There is a high degree of adjustment, which is good.

• Originally posted by cberglof View Post
              I’ve played about 30 holes and here are my thoughts:

1. I know you can adjust the HUD, but even at 0 I think the hole number, club selection, and especially the Ready to Swing/Wind could go up higher on the screen and/or be much smaller...at 0 I can’t see everything on the left or right of the screen.

2. I played mostly pebble beach with the greens on fast and they are way fast. Played a few on slow and that setting seems to match TGC1 and the course I play IRL. So that’s not a big deal. But the settings for stimp and other green settings must be overridden by the green speed settings in the game?

3. I like the ball physics. Had some weird bounces to be sure, but it feels more real to me that way, and I’m sure that fairway and green firmness settings would make a difference. I left those on the course defaults.

4. Had a lot of “lost connections”...one on the green at 18 and it out back on Hole 4 when I tried to resume.

5. Ball tracer is fine with me, but I do like when I shut it off, that I can still see my ball (has kind of a halo around it, when it gets out a ways)

6. Does anyone know why my scorecard will show scores like 3 on hole one and then hole two said 5X, got a 5 on that hole, just don’t know what the X means? Maybe once I’ve played 5 complete rounds the X would show my net score? Or is that telling me something else? No GIR?

Those are my initial thoughts.

Will post more more as I test more. Back hurts now tho.

P.S. Does anyone know for sure what I need to do to play TGC 1...just change the platform in the settings file? And if so, is it just TGC?

To play TGC1 or TGC2019, for Skytrak simply change the Platform=TGC2019 to Platform=TGC ( or vice versa) and hit "play game".

For ProTee users, with the new interface you can select which one you want to play.

Comment

• cberglof
                cberglof commented
                Editing a comment
                ProTee Max Thanks! Do you know the answer to the X’s on my scorecard question?

• DOC
                DOC commented
                Editing a comment
                It means you finished the hole with a gimme.

• FaultyClubs
                FaultyClubs commented
                Editing a comment
                The help glossary on "reading the scorecard" talks about an X.

Seems the X means the score is calculated in some way but sitll counts towards the handicap. So conceding a hole should cause an X also.

• ProTee Max Thanks for your help for me to resolve my problem in using TGC2019 with Trackman. Graphics are awesome. And ball physics (especially in and around green) are really second to none. I played 9 holes in (alpha version) my first ever golf course design. There are so many things to list the are new and great features; multiple tees, different playing formats, statistics, and much more. I also saved some replays then checked them from the menu. During the play, you can see replay of all your shots, from the last shot back to the first shot of first tee, any time. I do not know, if this was available in previous TGC. This is a very nice feature. I uploaded 2 shots to show ball mechanics and quality of graphics, although resolution is somewhat restricted due to some compression. I have not faced any bug/error during 9 hole play. I agree those testers who feels "changing tracer thickness" may be better. The videos are from saved replays.

Comment

Working...
              X