X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Alpha version TGC2019

TGC2019_ScreenGrab

Hi awesome forum members!

With pride and joy we are happy to announce we have just sent out the first few invites for the alpha of The Golf Club 2019, so quickly check your Private Messages.

We will start to send out more invitations each day, more every day.

Haven’t received an invite to the alpha yet? It’s on its way, so please wait patiently.

For those lucky players that already have there invitation, please share your experiences in this topic.

Those who haven’t received it yet, please enjoy the content that gets shared while we work on your invites.

• Damn, no new feedback since I went to bed like 10pm EST last night. I hope a bunch of new guys get their codes today so we can get some more opinions in here.

meanwhile ProTee United seems like the tracer is one of the only issues everyone has with the game so far. Has to be good news that a simple thing like that is all that's come up with the majority so far.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's my opinion that 99% of these courses are built for the videogame and the green speed and firmness is way too hard and fast for simulator play. That's why we get so many complaints the 1 or 2 times a season we use one of those courses on tour.

I think we should always use soft greens when the next season starts with 2019 unless it's a major 3 round tourney then it should play tougher as most majors do.

I played all my rounds with moderate fairways and soft greens. The rough was giving too much bounce and roll IMO but the fairway and greens played good on all 4-5 courses I played yesterday.

Wish my body didnt hurt so much, I'd get out there tonight for some more play but I won't be able to walk this weekend if I do lol.

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      My shoulder and elbow is killing me.

• Fieldygolf
      Fieldygolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Done some more testing today. Agreed that the rough does roll out more than it should. I'm struggling to see the difference when greens are set to very soft or moderate on pitches and shots into the green. Maybe just me. I agree fairways and green are ultra realistic.

• Anyone else had an issue with the aiming reticle where you cannot move it when zoomed in? I had this yesterday when I zoomed in (scout camera) and the circle that now appears at the landing point was missing and I could not aim left or right. Had to go back to normal view then aim, same way as it currently works in TGC.
    Only happened on two holes the rest of the round was fine so it could be course specific. I will try and recreate the issue today and post the course and holes so others can try if it happens again.

Comment

• DOC
      DOC commented
      Editing a comment
      Same for me. Today, I also faced the same problem.

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe this happens anytime when you are on the green. At least that is what I have seen

• Playing with a guest player it would be nice to see where both players are on the map. You only see the current player. Your basically waiting your turn to see exactly where you are.

Comment

• Fhacker
      Fhacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes this would be helpful when playing a local multiplayer game. Helps people know approximately what they need to hit before their turn. Myself n others also had asked for a remaining distance to hole on the after shot screen. Based on what I see so far,not in there. It doesn't seem to me that this would be tough to add, but then again I'm not a coder so who knows

• Has anyone had a chance to check out if their stats are completely accurate after multiple rounds? TGC couldn't get stats right to save its life. Simple stuff like average putts per hole, average driving distance, birdie percentage, fairways hit percentage, and greens in regulation shouldn't be that hard to calculate accurately. I would be curious if someone could keep some stats and see if TGC 2019 comes up with the same numbers. If stats aren't correct, it's hard to know what part of your game is getting better or worse.

Comment

• I'm very excited to hear that TGC 2019 seems to have relatively few issues. This is awesome news!!

Comment

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you try to move the ball using the WSAD keys when dropping? We just declared a ball unplayable and were able to move it.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's great to know. I never used the keyboard in TGC1, always used the app on ipad to do stuff. I tried using the arrow up and down keys to move my balls on multiple unplayable lies yesterday and had no luck. Guess we can rule that out as a big then

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to use the keyboard to drop. It’s far better that way.

• Played a few more holes this morning and I definitely see a difference in the way shots are graphically presented.

1)Lower shot trajectory. I am certain that certain shots (out of bunkers and rough) have a lower trajectory. Not sure if this could be course designer controlled or not but on the old TGC I could hit a 4 or 5 iron out of almost any bunker....in new version the shots came out lower and hit the lip...THIS IS MORE REALISTIC.

2)First Bounce. There is something wrong in ball physics programming where the first bounce of every shot is exaggerated. You can even hit a line drive 5 feet off the ground and when the ball lands, it will shoot up high in the air.....not realistic at all. I would say this is the biggest bug I see in the game......every 1st bounce is exaggerate...

All in all, this version is exceeding my highest hopes......

Comment

• Jtangm04
        Jtangm04 commented
        Editing a comment
        No more low irons out of the bunkers now. I appreciate the realism but will partially miss the nonpenalty landing in fairway bunkers in TCG =)

• Fieldygolf
        Fieldygolf commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with low shot jumping in the air.

• Do we have any new testers as of yesterday or today? I'm playing 9 holes and resting until tomorrow.

Comment

• blitz12
        blitz12 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm ready to go as well! It will be either testing 2019 or playing on the old tour and taking advantage of all the long term tour players not being there!

• triplebogeysrbetter
        triplebogeysrbetter commented
        Editing a comment
        I turned in my tour card for TGC!

• PunchoutPro
        PunchoutPro commented
        Editing a comment
        Still waiting....3 day weekend and the gal will be out of town for part of it!

• inorkuo and I tested multiplayer last night. here are a couple of observations so far.

Positives:
      -the ball physics in tgc2019 around the green are much better than tgc. Chips and pitches roll out more like irl.

-the graphics look great. I'm hoping we can change the camera angle when other people are hitting. I didn't see an option to make it like it was in tgc where the camera is behind the golfer. for now you see the other person hit from an angle. Turn order animation was set to none by default. It looks weird to see the ball launch with the avatar standing still. Setting the animation to quick is much better.

-multiple tees is a great addition. Once you set up the round and add players, you can choose which tees each person will play from. Maybe I can finally get my wife to play!

-there are several game formats available: stroke, stableford, four ball, match play, alternate shot, and skins. The one glaring omission is scramble. I'm not sure why hb studios would leave scramble out but hopefully protee can put it in.

Potential bugs:
      -Multiplayer/Game modes: We were not able to add each other as "Rivals" prior to starting the round. Therefore, it looks like stroke play and stableford are the only game formats you can play with others online. All other game formats will not let you start the round with only one player so, for now, they only work for local multiplayer. You can add players similar to tgc in that all players have to first start the round, then go into the menu and add others to the game. Unlike before, the other players do not show up in the top left of the screen until after you tee off. The game was letting us both tee off first until one of us scored better on a hole.

-as others have mentioned the ball bounces and kicks forward too much in the rough. We changed greens to "very soft" and left everything else at default so maybe this wouldn't happen if we changed other course conditions, but the ball seems to bounce like one of those super bouncy rubber balls we played with as kids. on hard fairways, it might be reasonable, but it looks strange when it happens in the rough.

-we each had one shot where the ball seemed to hit a mound or something right in front of us. I didn't see anything on the ground right in front of the ball so it didn't quite seem right, but maybe it was.

So far it seems like tgc2019 is a great upgrade from tgc!

Comment

• I am also hoping for my invite. Can’t wait for the first reviews!

Comment

• Does anyone know what time in CST Protee goes home for this weekend? I just got selected for Alpha Testing, but I'm at work!! I'm willing to take off some time if need be so I won't miss out on this 3 day weekend. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

• Fhacker
          Fhacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got invite also. Thank u thank u Protee (running to computer to boot up). Have a 3 day weekend to test, my wife will be a widow

• Alex Hopkins
          Alex Hopkins commented
          Editing a comment
          Bummer - looks like I missed the weekend cut!

• htdumps
          htdumps commented
          Editing a comment
          I was talking about the open broadcast setup. I have Kinovea working just can't figure out how to stream it.

• How do I fix my Private messenger on this sight? I assume it's broken since I am not seeing my invite...….

Comment

• I'm still waiting to be picked. :-)

Comment

• I may have given you bad info when I volunteered for the alpha trial. My forum user name is papaniapatrick@aol.com. I may have given you my user name I use on TGC for the tournament. That is PatPapania.

Comment

• Originally posted by gene438 View Post
              ....2)First Bounce. There is something wrong in ball physics programming where the first bounce of every shot is exaggerated. You can even hit a line drive 5 feet off the ground and when the ball lands, it will shoot up high in the air.....not realistic at all. I would say this is the biggest bug I see in the game......every 1st bounce is exaggerate...

All in all, this version is exceeding my highest hopes......
              I see exactly the same thing, including the worm burner bounce behaviour. There is something wrong.

Comment

• Getting so jealous! One of the items I was looking forward to is showing the distance remaining to hole after a shot. This would greatly speed up multiplayer play as we can prep for the next shot while the other player/s play. Has anyone seen something that would accomplish this need in 2019? Wife is away for the weekend and am hoping to have my shot at it soon!

Comment

Working...
                X