X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Alpha version TGC2019

TGC2019_ScreenGrab

Hi awesome forum members!

With pride and joy we are happy to announce we have just sent out the first few invites for the alpha of The Golf Club 2019, so quickly check your Private Messages.

We will start to send out more invitations each day, more every day.

Haven’t received an invite to the alpha yet? It’s on its way, so please wait patiently.

For those lucky players that already have there invitation, please share your experiences in this topic.

Those who haven’t received it yet, please enjoy the content that gets shared while we work on your invites.

• ProTee United Hey guys, are you still sending out Alphas or are we just having to wait until final release? I signed up the first morning you started the alpha page so not asking if we can still register. Have a bunch of people coming over next weekend and would be great to show off the update!

Comment

• Thanakorn Kuawong
      Thanakorn Kuawong commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. I also wonder how many left when they said 300+ were invited

• hurricane db
      hurricane db commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here... Fingers crossed for some Super Bowl Golfing!

• hey guys with the Alpha, I set up a 1 round tournament in the society mode under Jwheels9876

1 round at PGA WEST stadium course at around 6150 yards with Moderate green speed and soft conditions. Moderate terrain also.
    wondering if this mode is working? if you have time, give it a go.

don't hit enter between holes.. let the timer run down the 5 seconds or it seems you'll lock up and have to quit.
    Last edited by Jwheels9876; 01-22-2019, 03:23 AM.

Comment

• PunchoutPro
      PunchoutPro commented
      Editing a comment
      I still cannot find the societies. The only one that shows up for me is ProTee United and Shaun is the Best.

Any tips??

Edit....Found it. Had to change the search parameters on the society page.
      Last edited by PunchoutPro; 01-21-2019, 11:27 PM.

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried, but the scorecard blocked me out twice so I quit. That needs to be fixed.

• Llamma
      Llamma commented
      Editing a comment
      Wbond, you have to let it time out Itself, you can’t hit enter to advance it.

• I didn’t sign up to be an alpha tester because I just didn’t think I had the time to really perform a thorough test and provide feedback. I barely have time to play as it is. Now I’m thinking I may have made a mistake. I’ve read several posts on here about folks playing tgc2019 without providing any feedback or comments. I’m not trying to call anyone out. I just assumed that by signing up to test, you would be entering into some kind of binding contract/promise to provide feedback. I now realize that this may not be the case. Oh well. I signed up for the free upgrade and have my fingers crossed I will get selected. In seeing some of the videos and reading the feedback that was provided, I can’t wait to transition to tgc2019. To all you testers that have been providing feedback, (@triplebogeysrbetter, Jwheels9876; FaultyClubs, Laboroflove, sorry if I missed anyone) a very big thank you for doing it. Hopefully when testing is done and it’s officially released, all the bugs are ironed out and we get the best version of the software possible. Waiting patiently.

Comment

• SZ
      SZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Says invite is expired or invalid. Anyway you can send a new invite. Thanks.

• Lynchdpm
      Lynchdpm commented
      Editing a comment
      I signed up and have not been selected. I appreciate all the people sharing their thoughts and vids. Can those who were selected please post side by side screenshots of the same hole to compare the graphics of the older version of tgc to the new 2019 tgc.

• triplebogeysrbetter
      triplebogeysrbetter commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out the The Golf Club - Simulators community on Discord - hang out with 2997 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

• Originally posted by Wizard of Coz View Post
    After connecting the skytrak don't enter the game through that app. Open the game through the other shortcut to 2019 and you will see tgc and tgc 2019. Just click one. Ez
    Is the shortcut in the folder or on your desktop? Might be going blind but I can’t see it anywhere?

Comment

• ProTee United ProTee Max

Two items I'm not sure was logged or not.

1. Editing your nickname initial splash page doesn't change anything.

2. On the mini map, Would be nice to show all of the game players. If you're not hitting. You basically have 5 seconds or so to figure where you went and then ponder your next shot.
      At least seeing it on the map when playing others you can get a general idea.

Comment

• Mdebord1
        Mdebord1 commented
        Editing a comment
        This could be a great feature, yes!

• Snaphook
        Snaphook commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a great idea.

• Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
      hey guys with the Alpha, I set up a 1 round tournament in the society mode under Jwheels9876

1 round at PGA WEST stadium course at around 6150 yards with Moderate green speed and soft conditions. Moderate terrain also.
      wondering if this mode is working? if you have time, give it a go.
      Jwheels9876 ProTee United So I tried out the tournament here. Had to pay credits to get in, plus a 10% admin fee, which I thought was weird. Its not real money so no biggie, but interesting. everything was good until I got to the 5th hole and paused the scorecard screen after the hole. It would not resume from there. It froze up from there, moved onto the next hole, but still had the scorecard overlaid on the screen and shots would not register. Had to control alt delete to get out of it. After restarting I was able to jump right back in where it left off.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I just chose a random number of coins to enter the tournament. I guess we can win those coins depending on how we finish which is pretty cool. Probably can buy some new threads or something for our character... good find on the bug there. I didn't hit enter the entire round and I got through without issue.

• Putting: I have struggled with the putting, the greens were just too fast for me. Normally play TGC1 with stimp 5 and green speed 3. After lots of testing i think i am getting close to the same feel in TGC 2019. With slow greens and settings of stimp:3.
      Tried very slow and it was just that.

What are other peoples experiences? Do you play with moderate, what stimp setting?

Any idea which green speed will be used for the tour eventually? I might need a negative stimp setting :-)

Comment

• Snaphook
        Snaphook commented
        Editing a comment
        Solstice72 You change the stimp in the settings document from the first page that comes up when you start TGC. Before you choose TGC 2019 or TGC1.
        Unless someone beats me to it i can upload some screenshots tonight to show how it's done.
        Not sure about default in TGC 1? I think most people play between 5-8

• slamp
        slamp commented
        Editing a comment
        What's the difference between stimp and green speed?

• Snaphook
        Snaphook commented
        Editing a comment
        slamp green speed is the amount of roll out on green after a shot/chip and stimp is the putting speed. ( i could be wrong)

• Been trying to keep up with this thread so apologies if this has already been mentioned. I have a few courses that I normally play in the non sim version(2019) without any issues but in the sim version a few of the tee boxes are way off, Celtic Manor Beta is the last one I played that showed this issue, 16th hole puts you in the trees for tee off as does hole 18. Maybe the creator fixed it and it's not synced over or maybe it's genuinly an issue with the sim version, thought I would mention it. It happened on another course as well so I will try and remember which one it was, too much alpha golf my body hurts.
      By the way this version of Celtic manor is pretty bang on, played it a few times in real life and this is a very good recreation, looks great in TGC 2019.

Comment

• ProTee United Interesting thing here, upon adding a rival in the society mode the icons for switching clubs changed from keyboard to xbox controller versions. Removing the rival put the icons back to the keyboard versions(Z X for changing clubs, C for normal etc.).

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonder why my wife name is still showing up when my nickname has been saved and the stats for my last 6 rounds all saved also so they are recognizing who is playing.

• just curious has anyone received an alpha invite over the last few days including today or are they done sending them?

Wondering for a friend that keeps checking his inbox

Comment

• Captargo
          Captargo commented
          Editing a comment
          Sadly still on that same bench as well, with fingers, toes and other body parts all crossed

• Nasdaqsam
          Nasdaqsam commented
          Editing a comment
          No but the PGA show is going on this week I doubt they have time for much else.

• Thanakorn Kuawong
          Thanakorn Kuawong commented
          Editing a comment
          same here. hope they still have some left in 300+

• Played another 3 rounds today... I'm damn near broken physically at this point 🤕

but I really cant find anything wrong with the gameplay itself besides the weird huge first bounces in the rough and sometimes when you hit a wormburner the ball bounces like 20 feet high off the ground no matter where it hits.

the greenside play is just perfect IMO and I'm used to the tracer now and it's not bothering me one bit. It's better than not using it and barely being able to see the ball fly.

play Burrowing Owl if you haven't. The course is great and it's great eye candy as well.

seems to be way too hard to get an online game going. We need some sort of lobby that shows who's online, you click their name, send invite, then you're playing. Too complicated right now but that's on HB to fix not Protee.

add a scramble and we are gonna be gtg for a while..

taking a few days off to heal.. then back at it.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've played about 10 rounds now and can't remember once that I questioned anything that happened from a greenside chip or even a pitch shot inside 30 yards or so. The ball will definitely ride the slopes now though unlike TGC1 where it would hit the green, move a foot then just put the brakes on and stop. I find myself really studying the contours of the greens now with the Q button when chipping to make sure I hit the right distance and spot to get the ball to roll close to the hole.

• Sledge0001
          Sledge0001 commented
          Editing a comment
          Played Burrowing Owl it is a nice visual play for certain. Nice elevation changes throughout. I had way too many long puts though but only have myself to blame. I agree though its a great course recommendation to play.

• Snaphook
          Snaphook commented
          Editing a comment
          Burrowing Owl was very nice!

• ProTee United and everyone who is testing out 2019, thanks, Very interesting reading through the thread. I may have missed it but is there any difference in shot degradation from green side bunkers and rough inside 50 yrs on TGC2019 compared to original TGC?

Comment

• triplebogeysrbetter
          Editing a comment
          Meaning being penalized for being in the rough or bunker? If so, I would say yes. I had a 75 yard shot from the rough the other night. Usually in TGC it goes 80-85 yards with a 60. This shot barely went 60. I hit it flush as well.

• The roof overtop of the hitting mat on the driving range has to go. It is annoying to see it flash on the screen.

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          We can't seem to use player built ranges like TGC1. It won't remember the club selection when using auto rewind. It would be great if player built ranges had the same ability as the practice area.

• Ironstrokes
          Ironstrokes commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree with the rooftop on the range needing to go. Been playing rounds so far and first time I practiced on the range yesterday. Trying to hit 50 yard and under pitch shots got annoying seeing the roof pop up every time

• One thing I think we need is to know what the distances the clubs travel when you select them with Z and X. Just a convenient way to aim quickly if you know what distance they are sticking the aiming circle out there. And definitely need to fix the mini map aiming

Comment

• cberglof
          cberglof commented
          Editing a comment
          chriscwhite Jwheels9876 Your idea here is brilliant! I hope that can be something that is put into the final version. ProTee United

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great idea guys!!!!

• triplebogeysrbetter
          Editing a comment
          Would be a nice feature to be able to customize the distance field.

Leave it as a variable.

I think the game is usually a club for me.

• I noticed a little glitch in the way the ball bounces on the green or even if it rolls onto the green. It seems to jerk slightly to the right.

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          I had that happen once today. It looked weird and i chalked it up to a slope or something, but now I'm not the only one. It was a shot that hit in front of the green, one hop on, another hop then the jerk to the right.

• Solstice72
          Solstice72 commented
          Editing a comment
          The first bounce whether Fairway or green is suspect

• Fantastish
          Fantastish commented
          Editing a comment
          The first bounce around the green can be large. It looks like it hits a sprinkler head sometimes.
      Working...
      X