TGC 2019 Scramble mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Scramble mode

Let us know how the ideal scramble mode should work in TCG 2019. Rules, gameplay, setup, all the nitty gritty details so we can get an idea of what needs to be done to get this implemented at some point.

Thank you.

Until Protee tells us what they can and cannot do, based on their licensing with HB STudios, we are all shooting in the dark here. The current game is limited to 4 players, whether they can expand beyond 4 is a guess at this point.

adstotz how many players can JNPG play single player now? Can u play 8 individual stroke play now? From just my experience playing 4 man scramble charity events, playing an 18 hole, 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 2 locally on a sim would take forever, worse with inexperienced players. Not sure I could see the ball after all those adult beverages. I think only worse trying to play something like that online.

Comment

Originally posted by Fhacker
      Until Protee tells us what they can and cannot do, based on their licensing with HB STudios, we are all shooting in the dark here. The current game is limited to 4 players, whether they can expand beyond 4 is a guess at this point.

adstotz how many players can JNPG play single player now? Can u play 8 individual stroke play now? From just my experience playing 4 man scramble charity events, playing an 18 hole, 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 2 locally on a sim would take forever, worse with inexperienced players. Not sure I could see the ball after all those adult beverages. I think only worse trying to play something like that online.
      Supports up to 8 players. Agree, it would take a long time. I typically play 2 person team alternate shot match play or par 3 challenges when I have that many people over. Par 3 challenge is another game mode that would be awesome to include in TGC. It's a great party mode.

Comment

• Fhacker
        Fhacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I already suggested alternate shot as a way to play with more than 4 players. See my post above. TGC has par 3 courses now, although limited to 4 players, and not a scramble mode. But u could do alternate shot on a par 3

When you have groups of varying skill sets, you could also have a set of options to help level the playing field more. For example:
      - You must use each player’s drive x times per 9 holes: this prevents the bomber in the group from making too much of a difference despite being on back tees.
      - You can give a team “kick wedge” privileges on shots other than putts to help them get in a better position.
      - Have an option for a team to have an extra putt per hole.

Comment

Another style different to Scramble is “Shamble.” This game chooses the best drive for the team and then each player plays their own ball in from there. The best score for the team is used:
        - This neutralizes the advantages of having good drivers of the golf ball by using scramble rules and provides some feel for how individuals are doing by letting them play their own ball in.
        - It also tends to be faster because you are not choosing the best shot every time. There isn’t the back and forth dialogue each time unless it is the drive.
        - My friends and I do this IRL because it is faster. We are not chasing our 2nd/3rd shots, coming to a central point, and debating which shot to take for every shot. We just choose a drive and meet up at the green after that.

Comment

I think just having the feature of a Scramble mode would be fantastic. If everyone is worried about having a ton of different options (having a long bomber not use his drive everytime, maybe the team should get an extra stroke every hole) then the other game mode options are available. That's the point of scramble. Use each players strengths to help the team. If a team needs a stroke a hole, that can be kept track of outside of the game to simplify it. Personally what would happen in my sim room if there was a scramble mode is that it would be the ability to have myself on one team against 2 buddies on the other that each shoot and continuously use the best of their 2 for their next shot. Just a simple popup after the 2nd players shot perhaps with an icon and both of their names, and a right/left arrow to pick whose ball you decide to shoot from next. If you are paying attention enough during their shot, there should be no need to review and replay each persons shot to decide whose is better. That would just add a lot of time to the match. If it's not obvious which to use, then it's probably so close that it doesn't matter. 90% of the time we would play 1v2 scramble game, and I've even had a few people say the option to have a scramble mode with just 2 players on the same team to see how good of a score you could shoot together would be awesome.
          Fingers crossed that this mode becomes a reality! Keep up the good work ProTee Max ProTee United

Comment

ProTee United is this on the roadmap? Any Target release date? Would be an awesome mode to have!

Comment

I'm also curious as to whether this is on its way. Has to be my biggest grip about TGC 2019 as I was super excited/expected it to be on here. Everything else about the game looks great through 2 rounds. I live with 3 guys of different skill levels and none of them want to play a regular round, especially after downing a few "pops", but a scramble is something everybody is always into because of the lack of pressure and ability to make fair teams.

Comment

Try alternate shot with 4 guys. Set up teams as equal as possible. Fun and a lot faster than everyone hitting a shot every time.

Comment

ProTee United Is this something that is going to be implemented soon? For my family (my wife and 2 boys under the age of 9) it would be nice just to play best ball with all 4 of us on 1 team.

Comment

The silence is killing me...

This is the primary reason we play FSX 2018 when I have a group of people over, as it has a scramble mode. Sucks when I'm showing off the sim, as I always load up TCG because the graphics are so much better, but then switch over to FSX to play.

Comment

Doubtful it will be released anytime soon. May require HB to do something and Protee has there hands full right now for basic patches to 2019

Comment

Any ETA yet? This is definitely a huge benefit of competitors software that I would far prefer in TGC.

For what it's worth, I think assignable team selection with up to 4 teams with up to 4 players each is simplest to cover all team options. Each team can have 1 player to 4 players. This would allow a single person to complete against a team of weaker players as well as standard scramble options. I do realize that 4x4 teams is a bit of overkill, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Standard scramble rules apply after that with the basic variable that real life tournaments used; minimum tee shots per person required.

For me and the people I play with, scramble is primarily used as a way for weaker players to have an enjoyable round with others without taking 100 shots to somebody else's 40 (plus putts).

It's a must have feature for balance in my mind and can't come soon enough.

​​

​​

Comment

Supposedly there is a big patch coming according to the discord channel... doubtful that scramble mode is in but it would be a nice surprise..

Comment

That's good news. I gotta think that the whacky ball bounce is near the top of the list. I hope...

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                              Jwheels9876 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You and me both

So... Is this happening?
                            I'd love to be able to play a texas scramble with my mates (locally)
                            cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X