Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skytrak Distance with TGC. Different? Modifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Distance with TGC. Different? Modifications?

What's up guys, I just purchased a SkyTrak Launch Monitor and also invested in the TGC software to play some sim golf.

I see so many people post here about how they're distances are way off compared to real life results so please hear me out on this. I've read a lot of people talk about the indoor swing syndrome, testing outdoors, etc. I'm at a breaking point and am really looking for some help, tips, ideas, etc. While playing TGC, my distances are WAY off. I can live with small differences, but as you can see below, i'm off anywhere between 20-30 yards on most clubs.

I'd like to rule out the indoor swing being the issue as I've been swinging indoor for weeks now and I've gotten to the point to where i'm trying to absolutely kill the ball now and still can't get the results I'm accustomed to.

I also see that when selecting a club while playing, it gives you a carry distance for that club. Does anyone know where these numbers come from and if there is a way to modify them to be more accurate to your swing results? I remember reading that in order to play online tournaments, we can only boost up to 5 in our TGC settings, so I want to find a solution while still leaving the opportunity to compete online open.

My normal approximate distances vs. TGC distance with my clubs are as follows:

Normal TGC

PW 140 105
    9 150 130
    8 162 140
    7 175 150-160
    6 188 170
    5 200 180
    4 210 190
    3Hybrid 240-250 210
    Driver 275-300 240-250

I've attached a download from my last Skytrak session to give some stats to my concern. Lastly, is it common to have more accurate results in the Skytrak practice sessions that while playing TGC? It's a lot of questions, but I'm just trying to get my simulator consistent and accurate!

Thank You,

Jacob
    Attached Files

Hmmmm.... I wonder if how the SkyTrak session settings are set as far as altitude and temperature is carried over with the launch data to theTGC? I've messed around with temperature and altitude on the SkyTrak and it can make a big difference. I don't know if it effects the data sent to TGC or not. Worth considering though.

Perhaps someone here would know?

Comment

• JacobM21
      JacobM21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was afraid that might be the case, which brings me back to square one essentially. I know I'm not the most consistent player, but i know something is off when I'm playing TGC and I hit a 9-iron 179 and then with a 5 iron i'm getting 185 out of the fairway from both.

• StanMI
      StanMI commented
      Editing a comment
      You may be on fairway for both but, maybe one is a downhill shot and one is an uphill shot. Side hill can play a role also.

• trhuke
      trhuke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JWheels! Appreciate the info.

Compare your normal approximate distances to the average PGA tour average https://blog.trackmangolf.com/2017-pga-lpga-tour-avg/ Your ball speed and spin numbers are all over the place causing large dispersion. When playing TGC you have to take into account elevation, wind, and lie penalties as well.

Comment

• JacobM21
      JacobM21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't noticed any lie penalties (hitting from deep rough vs. fairway). I understand I'm not the most consistent, but I know the numbers being generated are a tick off when I hit a nine iron that flies the same as a 7 iron and sometimes a 5 iron

• grant2145
      grant2145 commented
      Editing a comment
      A 9 iron with 106 ball speed, 3000 backspin, and a slight draw spin will carry as far as a 5 iron with 114 ball speed, 5600 backspin, and 1150 slicing side spin.

Update, I moved the ball back behind the laser spot and got some results that I'm more accustomed to. My accuracy isn't very good at all, but the distance seemed ok. I wasn't swinging any different.

Does anyone have the answer to my question about being able to modify the distances from the golf bag in TGC? Say for example, when hitting a 9 iron should I select 9 iron as my club or select the club that gives me the carry distance related to my actual club? Also, I have hybrid in my bag and not a 3 wood. Is there any way to change the clubs you can select from?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      You cant modify the carry distance of the pre selected clubs in the bag.
      In 2019 they have more clubs to select for your bag. For instance, I use a driving iron, 3 wood and 3 hybrid and they are all selectable in the bag option, changing the distances is not an option in 2019 either although I asked for the feature to be added....

• Llamma
      Llamma commented
      Editing a comment
      The distances displayed in the top right, only relate to the camera view, they have no actual impact on the shot you hit, it is a carry over from the non sim version of the game,

Jwheels9876 so if you hit a 9 iron 150 and the on TGC shows a nine iron at 130, do you leave the 9 iron or select the club that they say travels 150

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      It makes no difference. TGC receives the data directly from your launch monitor. Those club selections are left over from the video game version. I use them to aim out into the fairway and if you like looking back on your shots, you can select the club so you'll know what you hit.

You could select driver on every shot but a putt and it wouldn't make any difference to the outcome of your shot.

• Fhacker
      Fhacker commented
      Editing a comment
      I would add the club and distance selected would be the distance the Q key goes to preview the shot. Otherwise it does not matter except if u want to keep your specific club distances in your stats as jwheels said
Working...
X