Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Gaming pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming pc?

Do I really need a gaming pc to run the tgc software for my SkyTrak home simulator?

About to buy a gaming pc myself for tgc 2019. Before I pull the trigger I wanted to know is it really worth it? €2k for licences and pc... I had wgt on Skytrak with IOS and thought it was rubbish so I hope tgc is much better? Anyone got tgc on skytrak and would you recommend the purchase?

Comment

I have skytrack and TGC 2019 and find it well worth it. Recreated courses play extremely similar to the real courses.
      My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
      Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
      Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
      Boyne Moor Lidar
      BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
      CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
      Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
      Marco Island CC Lidar3
      Wilow Metropark Lidar5
      Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses:
      Fraserglen Golf Course, British Columbia
      Meadowbrook Northville (L)
      The Glen (Illinois) Lidar
      Deer Park Estate GC, Scotland
      Green Craig Point GC, Scotland
      Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN
      Ottumwa Country Club
      And Many More...

Comment

• Noeltubs
        Noeltubs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice

Found a laptop I'm considering for tgc.Asus TUF Gaming FX505 Ryzen 5-3550H 8GB 256GB RX 560X 15.6 Inch Windows 10 Gaming Laptop

Would this do the job?

Comment

• pma99car
        pma99car commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried running TGC on my MacBook (via bootcamp) that has the same graphics card. It'll run, but you will need to turn the graphics settings way down. I'd hunt around and try and pick up something with a bi more power to it.

Would this work?
      Dell - G7 17.3" 300Hz Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 (Max-P) - 512GB SSD - RGB Keyboard - Black I can get open box buy from Best Buy for $1,000.
      thanks

Comment

• pma99car
        pma99car commented
        Editing a comment
        Should easily run it at 1080p max settings.

• GullLakeMi
        GullLakeMi commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had the Dell G7 (15" screen, 1TB HD, 16GB memory, RTX 2070 SMQ) for 6 months. Run TGC 2019 with GC2 on 4k projector. No issues. It runs hot, but no issues. I've also ran TGC 2019 and FSX 2020 driving ranges simultaneously comparing shot data - no issues. Battery life is on shorter side.

Thank you guys for that. I dont mind paying a little extra if i need something else just wanna make sure i can run at full setting no problems, Should i look for something else or go with that?

Comment

Also quick question. I’m a Mac guy so right now I have my iPad connected to mevo+ thru Wi-Fi then iPad connected to internet theu Bluetooth on phone. I don’t have an Ethernet cable near hitting area. Can I do this with that laptop? Does windows 10 work with 2 Wi-Fi networks? Ie can I get a USB adapter and connect one to mevo and one to Wi-Fi internet? Sorry I guess it was a long question

Comment

Alienware - m17 R4 - 17.3" FHD Gaming laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 1TB Solid State Drive - Lunar Light

This is what i am looking at now. I can’t imagine this not running any sim software

Comment

Working...
          X