Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @allen2be (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - The Players Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Valspar Championship with 2 rounds at New Mississaugua G&CC white : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-championship
See more
See less

The Golf Club Game )TGCG) or Skytrak? Major issue, looking for help/advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golf Club Game )TGCG) or Skytrak? Major issue, looking for help/advice

Hi, I've owned the Golf Club Game for just over a week and have encountered a major problem. I've not been able to play through a full round without the unit or software suddenly taking forever to pick up a shot so was forced to close it down and continue where I left off. It happened earlier, was playing TPC at Sawgrass with a friend and we managed to get to the 17th (took about 3 hrs to get there and used the range for 1 hour so the skytrak was on for around 4 hours) and then starting taking a few mins to pick up a shot until we were waiting and waiting and got bored of waiting so closed TGCG and went back in, continued where we left off but only I was in the game. So 2 issues, 1, it didn't put us both back in the game and the bigger issue is that this fault happened in the first place. Is this a known issue with the TGCG or is the issue with the Skytrak and not the software. It's a real shame this happens because I'd be singing its praises otherwise, so many good things about it. I have 30 days to cancel so if it's a software issue, I'll get a refund and try another. Me and my pal are not the fastest players and because it's new, maybe taking longer than normal but of course if 4 of us, I'd like to think it could continue to work for at least 4 hours without a problem. Thanks in advance, Dave.

When is TGCG 19 due out?

Comment

• simmb
      simmb commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea, they haven't even released a Beta version yet. The Alpha release was very very good though, hardly any major issues and it was very stable so I wouldn't imagine there was a massive amount of work to get it to a Beta release. Just a case of waiting I guess.

Originally posted by David Williams 'Chips' View Post
    Ah okay cheers mate, I'm hoping I won't need the mesh system , the whole setup has cost around £6.5k and could do without this additional expense. Only the last couple of weeks have I been using it. I've had a long list of various issues causing delays. No, not 'on tour', I have no idea what that is but sounds like it's playing live against other users? Any prizes? I've had injuries in the past that have kept me out for months, it's horrible ain't it. I've had big issues with my forearm losing strength (golfer's elbow). I always wear a strap now to take the impact.
    I hear you, this simulator stuff is a money pit I don't even want to think what I have sunk into mine. Mesh may not even help in your case so it's a gamble, any way you can run network cable from your router to where your sim PC is?

Tour is great and it's free. Millions of pounds up for grabs shame it's all virtual You don't have to play live against other people, you can if you want. You can also play against ghosts if you prefer or on your own. You are already signed up on this forum so you are part way there, I would defo check it out

http://golfsimulatortours.com/home.ph

My back has been bad for a few years now but recent over golfing has added golfers elbow which bloody kills. I got one of those strap things and been wearing that for a few weeks but it still kills when I play. Did yours just go away or did you have time away from the game? I struggle not to play as it's addictive but I am playing bad so maybe I should just have a month or two off.

Comment

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      For golfers elbow, the theraflex flexbar really helped mine.

Thanks wbond I will give that a try.

Comment

Originally posted by simmb View Post

I hear you, this simulator stuff is a money pit I don't even want to think what I have sunk into mine. Mesh may not even help in your case so it's a gamble, any way you can run network cable from your router to where your sim PC is?

Tour is great and it's free. Millions of pounds up for grabs shame it's all virtual You don't have to play live against other people, you can if you want. You can also play against ghosts if you prefer or on your own. You are already signed up on this forum so you are part way there, I would defo check it out

http://golfsimulatortours.com/home.ph

My back has been bad for a few years now but recent over golfing has added golfers elbow which bloody kills. I got one of those strap things and been wearing that for a few weeks but it still kills when I play. Did yours just go away or did you have time away from the game? I struggle not to play as it's addictive but I am playing bad so maybe I should just have a month or two off.

Ah that sucks mate, I lost all strength in my forearm, I felt a sharp pain after smashing a 3w (was a great shot too), I then tried to pick up my golf bag but couldn't get it off the ground. had to stop playing for 2-3 months (sounds like you'd benefit from doing likewise ), stopped weight training too. I saw a physio, got me doing some exercises to build up strength. This was about 3 yrs ago, I believe I'll have a permanent weakness (unless maybe I take a long time out from golf) but it doesn't get in the way too much, I'm limited in how many variations of pullups I can do and cannot play golf without my strap (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bracoo-Me...cAAOSwH4lcZCnL). I forgot to wear it for a full round recently and my arm felt weak and ached after it. I would highly recommend this strap for anyone with the same problem. I'll look into the Tour, thanks for the advice. What's your experience with skytrak? How accurate do you find it to be in terms of distance etc? Sometimes, I get some strange results e.g. my 7i is around 150 yds, I played the 17th on Sawgrasss with a slight wind behind (6mph), it's flown the green and water and finished after bouncing 190yds. That was odd but typically, I'm finding my distances to be less than I'm hitting on the course. I have to close the unit around 20 degrees to stop it unrealistically hooking but I'm relaxed about that.

Comment

What's your experience with skytrak? How accurate do you find it to be in terms of distance etc? Sometimes, I get some strange results e.g. my 7i is around 150 yds, I played the 17th on Sawgrasss with a slight wind behind (6mph), it's flown the green and water and finished after bouncing 190yds. That was odd but typically, I'm finding my distances to be less than I'm hitting on the course. I have to close the unit around 20 degrees to stop it unrealistically hooking but I'm relaxed about that.
        The odd weird read is normal on all launch monitors none of them are perfect. If you are getting loads then something could be wrong in the setup, sunlight, white background etc. but it sounds like you ain't getting many of those.
        As for normal shots, nowadays I find Skytrak to be bang on with my real life game. When I first got my skytrak I was the same, everything was going shorter but it was down to the mat creating more spin and the indoor swing phenomenon. Have you taken your skytrak to the range to see how distances compare? What's your typical numbers on a 7, spin, ball speed launch etc?

Thanks for the link to the strap I will try that as well as the flexbar wbond recommended.

Comment

I haven't yet but sounds sensible. I agree my mat seems to kill distance more so than catching a bit heavy on the course, might force me to hit crisper shots and make me a better player...I hope. No worries, I hope you get it sorted sooner than later. I noticed you played a tour round on TPC and played it 4 over, not bad for a man with a bad back and with golfer's elbow . I played a round on Sawgrass last Sunday, I play off 19 but it gave me a hcap of 13, do you know how this is calculated by any chance?

Comment

That 4 over was sponsored by Naproxen. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the handicap in TGC you can set it to be whatever you like in your golfers profile and I am pretty sure its not great because all the course ratings also include the console/PC users so it throws everything way off. Even more reason to get on tour as that will give you an accurate handicap and maintain it as you play. They don't use CSS like here in the UK they use course rating and slope, its a much better system in my eyes. Tour handicap calculation is all explained here :-

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ap-calculation

Comment

I put mesh in my house for $300. It's so good.

Comment

We have had the best luck with connectivity when wiring everything. Our setup is in a garage so we use a powerline Ethernet adaptor and a USB cable. We still have the odd issue (maybe once a round) where you have to minimize the game and reconnect the skytrack (sometimes rebooting it) but we stay in the match so we don't lose our game.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipless View Post
                  We have had the best luck with connectivity when wiring everything. Our setup is in a garage so we use a powerline Ethernet adaptor and a USB cable. We still have the odd issue (maybe once a round) where you have to minimize the game and reconnect the skytrack (sometimes rebooting it) but we stay in the match so we don't lose our game.
                  Ah, so you don't actually close TGCG down but instead, knock the skytrak off and back on?

Comment

Originally posted by David Williams 'Chips' View Post

Ah, so you don't actually close TGCG down but instead, knock the skytrak off and back on?
                    That is correct, fixes it 95% of the time for us. Of course then reconnect through the software.
                    Last edited by Clipless; 03-15-2019, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Do you mind explaining the full process from when you notice TGCG starts taking forever to pick up a shot? Is it, turn skytrak off, then open Skytrak software and Skytrak and connect via direct mode, then close skytrak software and job done as you are already connected to TGCG or do you disconnect TGCG at some point and re-connect ?

Comment

• Clipless
                        Clipless commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In our case when a shot is not recognized the laser will be on (rarely off but it doesn't matter). We then minimize TGC and bring up the TGC interface from the system tray on bottom right (this is the one that connects to the skytrak and launches the game).

Sometimes the box will be disconnected from the interface and you only need to reconnect it but if that doesn't work we turn the skytrak off then on again and wait for it to reboot(takes a minute or so) then connect the box through the interface again. The key part here is to minimize the interface software, do not hit 'play game'. After all that just restore TGC from the taskbar below (do not launch it again) and it will be ready to rock.

A couple of key things I may not have been clear with in my first post:

- we are using a powerline adapter for our internet connection and not wifi
                        - we are direct connected to the skytrack through USB

We also have spotify running on the same laptop and typically is has no issues.

hope that explains it

Clip

Thanks for advice guys, I'm pleased to say connecting via USB seems to have done the trick, had The Golf Club Game running for 8 hours on Friday (was working from home so wasn't playing the game, well, maybe the odd shot here and there ). Also had a friend over earlier and we played a round on Pebble Beach with no issues. Happy days, delighted!. Great course too, I sent a tee shot right and was down on the beach and 38 yards below green, hit a peach of a 9i to the back of the green. It's great to be enjoying it and not trying to fix something that isn't quite working as it should.

Comment

Good to hear Chips!

Comment

Working...
                        X