Augusta from the whites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augusta from the whites?

Are there any courses on TGC for this course from the whites? I didn't see any. Thanks

Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee 6356 yd) is an option. It's used for the online tour.

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
      Nasdaqsam commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll try this one. Thanks

You'll have to wait until you get access to 2019. You can choose whatever tees you like.

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
      Nasdaqsam commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be a while for me I am waiting on SkyTrak but I also go on vacation starting middle of next week so even if they send out the invites early next it's going to be a few weeks for me. In the mean time just have to use what I have. Thanks

Sounds a little racist.... but ok.

Comment

Augusta has only 2 tees. Member and Tournament. Both are in TGC1 and TGC2019. Both are named Magnolia National and both are amazing.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
        Nasdaqsam commented
        Editing a comment
        When I input Augusta 13 pages came up. These are not Augusta? The course was nice just a bit long for my game.

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        Once again, Magnolia National is what you want.

• Nasdaqsam
        Nasdaqsam commented
        Editing a comment
        Great. Thanks I am golfed out for the night but I will hit it in the next day or so.

I played an Augusta course on TGC2019 the other day my search criteria was Augusta Lidar. I get to the 2nd hole par 5 which is playing at 641 yards and then looked at the mini map and notice there is a bunker right down the middle of the fairway in the shape of the words "April Fools". I laughed and then exited course.

Comment

Augusta 18 pins or Magnolia National in 2019. Everything else is a waste of time.
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
          Augusta 18 pins or Magnolia National in 2019. Everything else is a waste of time.
          Even the Augusta National Par 3 LiDar? I played the first three holes and it looked pretty good.

Comment

That’s just a par 3 course.
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt
            Weston G&CC by mthunt
            Park CC Lidar mthunt
            The National GC L mthunt
            Mississaugua GC L mthunt
            Markland Woods CC mthunt
            Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
            Magna GC L mthunt
            Barrie CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range

Comment

After hearing about Magnolia National per mthunt, I reviewed the various versions.

Magnolia National is clearly the best as in most representative of the topography and course overall. To keep it real and live the dream this is where you would want to play.
              drawbacks are the one tee at 7400 yards. And I'm going to say it again sorry to some who've heard enough of it, the sun is at like 9 a.m. and that's undesirable even if you pick the noon time setting.

However to keep it less real and a little more practical if that's what you want Augusta G C. 2019 has the 6600 yardage. The color is the Fairway is not accurate but it pops for the eye and the course has a better frame rate. Noon time feels great with the sun overhead and this Fairway color. I don't think it's Atari and I would play it with lesser golfers who are in town visiting me.

Augusta National 2019 has the most tees clearly but seems to be the least representative of the topography.

I do feel there's room for a lidar course I mean this course every foot of elevation counts and that's the reasoning for lidar as good as Magnolia National is.
              The extra tees could be added of course. And lastly if only for me that sun inclination will be set overhead and so if I want it noon time it will actually be noon time. And she shall shine!

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
                Nasdaqsam commented
                Editing a comment
                My issue is I just do not have the distance off the tee for 7000yd + courses to get a descent score. I am not apposed to a mulligan now and a again...….just wish I had a foot wedge in the bag...…….lol.

• FaultyClubs
                FaultyClubs commented
                Editing a comment
                No worries Nas, just play Magnolia National it has everything including the shorter members tees.

• Nasdaqsam
                Nasdaqsam commented
                Editing a comment
                Work for me. Thanks

FaultyClubs Alright, no Mulligan I'll take the stroke penalty, spell it out with quotations exactly what Magnolia then, because I had one tee.

Comment

• FaultyClubs
                FaultyClubs commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe you played the Tour version, it only has the championship tees (obviously). No reason to play that version unless you want the Masters paraphernalia/crowds since the normal version has both tees. I will say the crowds look cool (as a novelty...wouldn't want them all the time).

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I picked that one it had more plays or vice versa. What are the tees in that non tour version then. Because if they are anywhere near 6400-6800 I would not play any Augusta other than that Magnolia going forward besides that one

Originally posted by Solstice72 View Post
              FaultyClubs Alright, no Mulligan I'll take the stroke penalty, spell it out with quotations exactly what Magnolia then, because I had one tee.
              There’s two Magnolias in TGC1. They list the yardages. There’s two magnolias in tgc2019. The Tour one is tour length and has crowds. The non tour one has member tees and tour tees and no crowds. ANGC has only two sets of tees. There’s another tour length one called Augusta National 18 tees. It’s as good but only tour length. Any other version is junk.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
                Nasdaqsam commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe the Augusta National 18 the one you are referring to is the one I played. Don't bother playing it I hacked it up pretty good it's going to take years for the fairways to recover...……..lol

• Solstice72
                Solstice72 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah thanks for rectifying this all. I was spreading bad information I feel bad inside lol. You're right this Magnolia is awesome, maybe it couldn't be improved much.
                And I'm messing with the saturation and pinch of ReShade HDR, I'm really getting the green color of the place it's exciting. Thanks for your durability on these annoying repeat questions. I'll try to pay it forward.

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
              Augusta national g.c 19 seemed decent.
              But you were right augusta national 2019 is just awful.

Comment

Yeah that was is decent. I thought it was the definitive and was happy eating that cake. The brightness is nice.
                But Magnolia even if stuck at 930am AM, is the definitive and the meat, I won't be going back to the others,

Comment

• Nasdaqsam
                  Nasdaqsam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just played this one in the words of John "Very Nice!!" All though I will say your screen shot is a heck of a lot more vivid than I can accomplish.

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It was pretty green like almost perfectly green I was really happy with it, but the phone actually saturated it more enhancing contrast, it's hard to represent what people see on the screen when they take a phone photo

In TGC1 there is a version of Magnolia that is 6356 yards (or something like that). Is there no comparable set of tees in the 2019 version?

Comment

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bro it's on tour right now they're playing this week sign up and go play it

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Go to online play section then click the link and get on Tour if you're not already there
              Working...
              X