This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC Remote Keyboard Screen

I wanted to share the remote keyboard screen I created with anyone that wants to use it. See screen shot attached.

The buttons are mapped to the keyboard to control TGC during game play.

Works with iPad (not sure if this app is available with Android)

How to:
    - Download Air Keyboard app from Apple App Store ($2.99)-Definitely worth it!!!!
    - Download software on your Windows PC or Mac from http://www.airkeyboardapp.com
    - Connect App with your computer
    - Open App and click on Design Layouts
    - Click + button to add a layout from library
    - Click Download from library
    - Scroll way down to the bottom. My layout is named TGC.
    - Download TGC layout

Here are the common keyboard buttons for TGC. Let me know if there are any other good buttons worth mapping.

The Golf Club Keyboard Shortcuts
    Keyboard Shortcuts

ESC = Pause Menu >>
    Resume Game - Resumes the game
    Rewind Shot - Take a mulligan
    Auto-rewind - Auto rewind to previous ball position
    Declare Unplayable - Drop ball somewhere else
    Watch Replay - Replay shots
    Turn Order - Switch between turn based and head to head play
    Scorecard - Display the scorecard
    Change Rivals - Add or remove players
    Recent Activity - View recent activity
    Settings - Display setting menu
    Restart Game - Restart the game
    Exit Game - Back to main menu
    Q = Scout Camera - Move camera to where the ball is supposed to land
    E = Hole Overview
    A = Aim left
    D = Aim right
    Z = Change club down / Change Ball Position when in drop or unplayable mode
    X = Change club up / Change Ball Position when in drop or unplayable mode
    J = Hole flyover
    G = Turn on/off green grid
    F = Remove flag
    I = Show Swing Analysis window
    W = Move ball forward when in drop or unplayable mode
    S = Move ball backwards when in drop or unplayable mode

` = Select driver
    1 = Select 3 wood
    2 = Select 5 wood
    3 = Select Iron 3
    4 = Select Iron 4
    5 = Select Iron 5
    6 = Select Iron 6
    7 = Select Iron 7
    8 = Select Iron 8
    9 = Select Iron 9
    0 = Select Pitching Wedge
    - = Select Sand Wedge
    = = Select Lob Wedge
    P = Select Putter

V = Switch ball view
    E = Step backwards
    ARROW LEFT = Aim left
    ARROW RIGHT = Aim right

Originally posted by Mike80 View Post
    gerry59 I haven't downloaded from the library since I'm creating and publishing them. So not sure if it just overrides your previous version. Otherwise you can probably just delete that template and then download the new one. I moved the Ball Drop Forward/Backward buttons lower. I am using them now when I zoom in. So when it goes past the hole I can back it up. Didn't realize these buttons let you do that. So now it makes reading the green much easier!
    Yea I've done it, it just overrides it after you find it in the main library again and press update. Great stuff again Mike!

Comment

I installed this app into my Ipad and downloaded it to my PC. While I was doing it my wife was messing with the iPad real quick and I forgot to write down the generated password. Now, I can't get it to work because it keeps asking for the password and I have no clue what it is. Emailed the company and they referred me to their Q&A section which only addresses how to change a password. Anyone run into this issue and have a solution?

Comment

John6577 you just need to identify the PW. If you open Air Keyboard on PC it will have a small icon in lower right of screen near time clock. Either click or right click on the icon. It should bring up some options. Think it says properties. If you click on it you will see the PW that you use on the iPad to connect. Try that. Good luck!

Comment

• John6577
          John6577 commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried that and it does not give me that option. Every time I match the IP addresses it keeps asking me on my iPad app to enter a password. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling and a password did not regenerate for me to use. Ugh, why did I not write down the password it gave me from the beginning.....

John6577 You get the PW by right clicking on Air Keyboard icon located bottom right corner of your desktop near the time clock. See attached image. Right click on icon and select Properties. It will show the PW.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	AirKeyboard.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	65106
        Sounds like you are trying to connect your iPad to PC through manually inputting IP address. I recommend just letting the Air Keyboard app on iPad auto discover it. It will show up under devices on iPad and just click on it. If prompts for PW then enter the PW I showed above how to get.

Make sure your iPad is connected to the same network your PC is connected to. Good luck!

Comment

• John6577
          John6577 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Finally found the Password.

Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post

Yea I've done it, it just overrides it after you find it in the main library again and press update. Great stuff again Mike!
        This design by Mike and the apple app makes TGC and GC2 a great sim experience.........I even bought my first Apple product just for this!!!!!! (IPad mini2}
        Thanks Mike!!

Comment

Is there a method to utilize the IPAD map with the Android tablet using the Android version of Air Keyboard or is it only available for IPADS???

Comment

bbb287 I would assume you can download the remote keyboard layout I created for PG and TGC. I haven't tried Android, but I uploaded the keyboard layout so it should be available to download on both platforms. Post back on here if you get it working with Android.

Comment

Mike, seems the Android version (at least the Lite) doesn't allow for any customization... The pro version requires the the Android be rooted, so at this point in time, the best that exists for an Android (non-rooted) is a basic keyboard mapping....

Looks like the utility AIORemote will be the one to use for Android devices.....
              Will see if someone has already implemented a solution similar to your version, otherwise I will be looking at working on one in the future...
              Last edited by bbb287; 05-05-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

With the new TGC 3.0 release, what are all the button changes and additions. I will update the TGC Remote Keyboard layout with the changes. I know the Auto Rewind is now mapped to R. But not sure of all the additions/changes. Please advise and I'll update. Thanks!

Comment

maybe ProTee can answer those questions....

Comment

Is there a way to search for keyboard layouts in the app? I've been just scrolling through the list which is annoying.

Comment

Well after taking a second mortgage to buy the $2.99 air keyboard app I must say this is phenomenal! Thank you Mike I owe you a frosty adult beverage! Finally something I can use my iPad Pro for on a regular basis!!!

Comment

Yeah, it makes it much more enjoyable playing. I will gladly take an ice cold Summer Shandy beer! Just ship it to my house..haha!

Comment

I had to re-install windows 7...long story, but can't seem to get Mike80 keyboard going again, shows ipad is connected to cptr, but am not able to connect to the TGC airpad screen. when I click on reconnect it asks for a password. if I type in the" inbX "password it gave me still does not connect ...wtf ....used to work before windows 7 crashed ...reinstalled remote keyboard driver.........what am I missing?

Comment

Boo Radley I also just reinstalled Windows and had to install all my golf sim software again. I also had an issue when I first was setting up the Air Keyboard. The key for me was, you must have your golf sim computer setup on WiFi. This is what allows the Air Keyboard app on iPad to communicate back to the golf sim computer. So if your computer is hooked up hard wired to LAN you still want to turn on your WIFI. Both iPad and computer must be on same WIFI network. Make sure Air Keyboard app is setup to Auto connection. Also try resetting your Air Keyboard connect password. On computer bottom right corner, right click on Air Keyboard icon and you can change it there. Hopefully you get it working.

Comment

Working...
                            X