This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC Remote Keyboard Screen

I wanted to share the remote keyboard screen I created with anyone that wants to use it. See screen shot attached.

The buttons are mapped to the keyboard to control TGC during game play.

Works with iPad (not sure if this app is available with Android)

How to:
    - Download Air Keyboard app from Apple App Store ($2.99)-Definitely worth it!!!!
    - Download software on your Windows PC or Mac from http://www.airkeyboardapp.com
    - Connect App with your computer
    - Open App and click on Design Layouts
    - Click + button to add a layout from library
    - Click Download from library
    - Scroll way down to the bottom. My layout is named TGC.
    - Download TGC layout

Here are the common keyboard buttons for TGC. Let me know if there are any other good buttons worth mapping.

The Golf Club Keyboard Shortcuts
    Keyboard Shortcuts

ESC = Pause Menu >>
    Resume Game - Resumes the game
    Rewind Shot - Take a mulligan
    Auto-rewind - Auto rewind to previous ball position
    Declare Unplayable - Drop ball somewhere else
    Watch Replay - Replay shots
    Turn Order - Switch between turn based and head to head play
    Scorecard - Display the scorecard
    Change Rivals - Add or remove players
    Recent Activity - View recent activity
    Settings - Display setting menu
    Restart Game - Restart the game
    Exit Game - Back to main menu
    Q = Scout Camera - Move camera to where the ball is supposed to land
    E = Hole Overview
    A = Aim left
    D = Aim right
    Z = Change club down / Change Ball Position when in drop or unplayable mode
    X = Change club up / Change Ball Position when in drop or unplayable mode
    J = Hole flyover
    G = Turn on/off green grid
    F = Remove flag
    I = Show Swing Analysis window
    W = Move ball forward when in drop or unplayable mode
    S = Move ball backwards when in drop or unplayable mode

` = Select driver
    1 = Select 3 wood
    2 = Select 5 wood
    3 = Select Iron 3
    4 = Select Iron 4
    5 = Select Iron 5
    6 = Select Iron 6
    7 = Select Iron 7
    8 = Select Iron 8
    9 = Select Iron 9
    0 = Select Pitching Wedge
    - = Select Sand Wedge
    = = Select Lob Wedge
    P = Select Putter

V = Switch ball view
    E = Step backwards
    ARROW LEFT = Aim left
    ARROW RIGHT = Aim right

• Any idea whats happening with my app/ipad? I get it connected all works well then push a few buttons... maybe 5 in total and then it disconnects.. then I have to reconnect and the process repeats over and over.. cant get it to stay connected?!!??

Comment

• I am working on a similar concept for Android users as the Air Keyboard App does not allow for custom layouts for Android (I strongly dislike Apple products!). Below is a screen shot from my Note 5 phone, I will be testing it tonight on my Note 10.5 tablet . More or less the same type of setup, but I am using Unified Remote. Note ***in order to get custom remotes on this one you need to buy the app for $4.99.

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sturonek, when ready..... send me some install instructions please. Looks good. I also use the W and S keys for going forward and back. And V for changing views..... I hate that overhead view..... I don't understand why it comes up as default.... anyone have a solution for the nauseating overhead view?

Thanks

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        VERY cool - I saw a $29 azpen tablet at microcenter the other day and wondered what it would be good for - say no more!

Azpen Innovation A746HD Tablet; LCD IPS 7" 1280x800 Display; Allwinner A33 1.3GHz Quad-Core; 512MB RAM & 8GB SSD; Android 4.4 KitKat OS

• sturonek
        sturonek commented
        Editing a comment
        Well testing didn't go quite as planned last night LOL. My tablet battery was about out of juice so I plugged in it, but it never came back!. Looks like I am in the market for a new tablet as well. That being said, I was able to test using my Note 5 phone, and it worked well. I am having an issue with selecting the SW, so I need to work through that this weekend (more than likely I am just mapping the wrong key). keither5150 I will look at adding those few buttons, and I wanted to make a few changes to the actual layout. Once I get it completed I will send it over to you.

• I was able to get everything tested and it is working out great (I had to fix my tablet as well so I could get a good test). If anyone would like to try it out on an Android device, PM me and I will send you over the instructions and such that I am writing up now. Like I mentioned before, you will have to purchase the Full Unified Remote App on the google play store for $4.99 in order to load my custom remote. I have ran and tested it on my Samsung Note 5 and Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition will no problems. Not as pretty as Mike80 's Apple app, but it does the job!

Comment

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        great work - very cool app, too - they have a version for everything!
        The remote app for your computer. Turn your smartphone into a wireless universal remote control with the Unified Remote App. Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux.

• eezetee
        eezetee commented
        Editing a comment
        Where can this layout be had? I can't seem to find it on the Unified Remote page

• Does anyone have a clue how to fix my issue with the ipad app?? I load it - connect everything it works for a few clicks - sometimes I can get through a hole tee to green tops and then it disconnects - then I have to reconnect it..

Comment

• it runs through wifi from you computer are you a ways off from the computer

Comment

• Miura Mario
          Miura Mario commented
          Editing a comment
          hey aeroburner router skytrak and laptop are in the same room - I run the skytrak over wifi connected to tgc with no problems - it connects with no issues just wont stay connected - i took the protective cover off and it doesn't help - it disconnects probably 50 times a round and sometimes will reconnect right away and other times I have to try 3-6 times... Sometimes it wont reconnect at all so Ill just control it from my laptop hit a shot and then it usually connects after my shot - then the process repeats - its killing the experience and gets super frustrating. The ipad/ laptop are approx 6' apart and the router is approx 15' away and unobstructed - I havent had any other wifi issues

• aeroburner
          aeroburner commented
          Editing a comment
          you have a firewall thats causing an issue go into properties and disable your firewall on the app that is on your computer see if that helps

• Miura Mario
          Miura Mario commented
          Editing a comment
          rookie move - im sitting there creating priority access for the ipad and laptop and looking way to deep for a solution - thanks pal!

• awesome glad it working i like that app

Comment

• I just got my old ipad 1 hooked up with the air keyboard app...what a great improvement over having to go over to my computer keyboard and mouse all the time! Great job guys!

Comment

• Got the android version working from sturonek. Thanks!

Comment

• Vsteel
              Vsteel commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey can you tell where to find sturonek's android version. Thanks in advance.

• eezetee
              eezetee commented
              Editing a comment
              Here's the link I received from Sturonek.

Apologies for the delay - just happened to be reseting my system and had to search for this feed

Here is the link to the zip file:

• This is awesome. So much quicker and easier!

Comment

• I had air keyboard working for months now I cannot get it to work.The air keyboard server is in my system tray but greyed out.....I am running Windows 10.....anyone got any ideas.?

Comment

• Originally posted by gene438 View Post
                I had air keyboard working for months now I cannot get it to work.The air keyboard server is in my system tray but greyed out.....I am running Windows 10.....anyone got any ideas.?
                Check to see if the wifi is the same. I have a shop wifi and a shop guest wifi. Sometimes the program and the iPad are using different wifis. You have to check the settings for the remote keyboard on the computer, not the computer wifi. Hope that makes sense

Comment

• Can run the app to your computer via Bluetooth?

Comment

• Found the solution to my problem.....you must run the app as administrator......

Comment

• How did you get this on your 1st gen ipad? I tried to download it but it requires an IOS that is beyound what i can upgrade my 1st gen ipad to.

Comment

• Firstly, thanks to Mike80 and aeroburner for their work on this app. When I have it working it's great. I'm wondering if there's any PC / McAfee experts who can lend me a hand - I'm Mac based other than my SIm room and this firewall stuff is throwing me for a loop!

I have the app installed on my ipad and when I turn off the McAfee firewall I can connect from the PC with no issues. But when the firewall is turned on, it will not let me connect,

I've checked and under PC Security > Firewall > Internet connections for programs - I have:

Air Keyboard
                        Access: Incoming & Outgoing (use designated ports)
                        Net Guard: On

Using McAfee Live Safe.

I have tried adding Port 55535 under Ports and System Services, but with no success.

I've also tried contacting Air Keyboard support but they told me they cannot help.

Any ideas?
                        Thanks
                        Dave

Comment

• GoldenSim
                          GoldenSim commented
                          Editing a comment
                          [solved] In case someone else has the same problem, I had to change the type from "Use designated ports" to "Open to all devices". Remote keyboard is now working. Stoked. Thanks again to Mike80
                      Working...
                      X