This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC Remote Keyboard Screen

I wanted to share the remote keyboard screen I created with anyone that wants to use it. See screen shot attached.

The buttons are mapped to the keyboard to control TGC during game play.

Works with iPad (not sure if this app is available with Android)

How to:
    - Download Air Keyboard app from Apple App Store ($2.99)-Definitely worth it!!!!
    - Download software on your Windows PC or Mac from http://www.airkeyboardapp.com
    - Connect App with your computer
    - Open App and click on Design Layouts
    - Click + button to add a layout from library
    - Click Download from library
    - Scroll way down to the bottom. My layout is named TGC.
    - Download TGC layout

Here are the common keyboard buttons for TGC. Let me know if there are any other good buttons worth mapping.

The Golf Club Keyboard Shortcuts
    Keyboard Shortcuts

ESC = Pause Menu >>
    Resume Game - Resumes the game
    Rewind Shot - Take a mulligan
    Auto-rewind - Auto rewind to previous ball position
    Declare Unplayable - Drop ball somewhere else
    Watch Replay - Replay shots
    Turn Order - Switch between turn based and head to head play
    Scorecard - Display the scorecard
    Change Rivals - Add or remove players
    Recent Activity - View recent activity
    Settings - Display setting menu
    Restart Game - Restart the game
    Exit Game - Back to main menu
    Q = Scout Camera - Move camera to where the ball is supposed to land
    E = Hole Overview
    A = Aim left
    D = Aim right
    Z = Change club down / Change Ball Position when in drop or unplayable mode
    X = Change club up / Change Ball Position when in drop or unplayable mode
    J = Hole flyover
    G = Turn on/off green grid
    F = Remove flag
    I = Show Swing Analysis window
    W = Move ball forward when in drop or unplayable mode
    S = Move ball backwards when in drop or unplayable mode

` = Select driver
    1 = Select 3 wood
    2 = Select 5 wood
    3 = Select Iron 3
    4 = Select Iron 4
    5 = Select Iron 5
    6 = Select Iron 6
    7 = Select Iron 7
    8 = Select Iron 8
    9 = Select Iron 9
    0 = Select Pitching Wedge
    - = Select Sand Wedge
    = = Select Lob Wedge
    P = Select Putter

V = Switch ball view
    E = Step backwards
    ARROW LEFT = Aim left
    ARROW RIGHT = Aim right

• Does anyone know if a similar remote keyboard function exists for FSX? If not, is there any reason that it could not be done (I'd be willing to try if there's no reason why it wouldn't work(.

Comment

• GoldenSim
      GoldenSim commented
      Editing a comment
      Is it available on Air Keyboard? Or just local? I'd be happy to throw some $'s your way for a copy

• vrpunk
      vrpunk commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s free. Once you install air keyboard download the layout, there is no search facility so keep scrolling down till you see fsx2018

Enjoy.

You can clone it and edit it as well.

• GoldenSim
      GoldenSim commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you vrpunk - that's awesome. Yet another person to add to the thank you list on this forum!

• The TCG layout is awesome thanks for sharing!

Question: Has anyone implemented a layout for the Skytrak software? It would be really handy to be able to select clubs, etc without having to go to the computer....

Comment

• I use a program called voice attack that will translate voice commands into key presses, mouse movements, and launch programs. It’s cheap and pretty easy to use. I rarely have to touch a keyboard from startup to shutting down computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supraracer View Post
        I use a program called voice attack that will translate voice commands into key presses, mouse movements, and launch programs. It’s cheap and pretty easy to use. I rarely have to touch a keyboard from startup to shutting down computer.
        That's a good idea. I'll have to check that out. Thanks

Comment

• I didn’t have success with Voice attack but picked up Voice Bot and it works perfectly. Can program about everything. I added stuff like left 1, left 2, left 3. For menu if you program “Menu” to the ESC key and program “down” to the down arrow and “enter” to the enter key you can simply say “menu” then “down” (repeat until you get to the item you want to select) then “enter”. Turn grid, flyover, shot analysis, etc on and off with a command! Huge time saver and makes the whole operation smoother.

Comment

• Just getting up and running with the sim, and would like to try this remote keyboard out, seems like it would be fantastic, and everyone seems to agree. All i have is an ipad 1st gen kickin around to use. Is it possible to use the Ipad for this eventhough it's no longer able to do the most current updates? Thanks in advance

Comment

• I use Air keypad ( see post #1 ) works great on my old ipad

Comment

• Farmdizzy
                Farmdizzy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, just wanted to make sure it was an option before I start to dig into it.

• I'll save the next person that runs into this a lot of grief as to the steps needed to install the air keyboard onto an old ipad with a non-current IOS version. First you have to uninstall all itunes software from your PC because the new itunes doesn't allow use of the app store. Then do a quick online search for "itunes for business apps". There will be a link to an apple page that offers a previous version of itunes which wont always suggest that you update. The reason for the old itunes version is so that you are able to access/purchase apps. Once you have the older version of itunes up and running, log in with your account, go to the app section, search air keyboard, pay the 3.99 cdn, and download it to your pc. With it now being a purchase on your apple account, you can go back to the app store with your old ipad, and when you click to download the app (instead of it saying you require IOS 8.1 to download this app) It now says that you have an version of IOS that isnt supported, would you like to download an older version. Click yes, it downloads, and everything works. Took me a couple hours to find the roundabout way to get this to work on my ipad 1st gen. Good luck

Comment

• aeroburner. Just curious, are u still around and using TGC? With TGC2019 just around the corner it appears iPad layout will need to be modified for same If not is there anyone else here capable of doing so?

Comment

• I built the fsx2018 layout so sholudnt be that hard, also you can take the TGC clone it and produce 2019 modifications.

Comment

• Thanks I will see what I can do. Never messed with air keyboard except for using the template someone else developed

Comment

• Just discovered this keyboard feature: awesome!!
                    My PC keyboard was just near my hitting zone so I thought I wouldn't need the iPad... but it is much more convenient/efficient.

Thanks Mike80 !!!

Comment

• Anyone know how to get the password? I’m on windows 10 and it’s not giving me the initial password after install. I also can’t edit the existing password.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple times with no luck.

Got it on the iPad without issue, just can’t connect to the PC

Comment

• GoldenSim
                        GoldenSim commented
                        Editing a comment
                        JRachner - You can see the instructions here: http://www.airkeyboardapp.com/faq#change-password - the title says to "change" password, but this is how you view it too

I just re-read your note. If the above is not working, it may be a firewall issue. I remember that when I first tried to connect AirKeyboard was being blocked. The instructions for how to get round that are here: http://www.airkeyboardapp.com/faq#how-to-install - scroll down to the "I do not see my computer in the list. What should I do?" section and there is info there. I hope that helps
                        Last edited by GoldenSim; 03-09-2019, 12:21 AM.

• JRachner
                        JRachner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the reply. I tried following the instructions on their page to change the password, but on windows 10 the properties option doesn’t bring up what’s described in the faq (out of date).

I have it successfully installed on my iPad, and from the iPad have no problem seeing my PC, but when I link to it, it requires a password, which I can’t get from the desktop application.

• GoldenSim
                        GoldenSim commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hopefully NetcheK response below solves it for you. He obviously was in front of the screen which I was not!! Let us know if not and I will dig deeper

• After launching the app, you’ll get an icon in the system tray of the task bar (bottom right).
                      Just right-click on it and click properties (see image).
                      There will be a prompt menu to edit the password.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by NetcheK View Post
                        After launching the app, you’ll get an icon in the system tray of the task bar (bottom right).
                        Just right-click on it and click properties (see image).
                        There will be a prompt menu to edit the password.
                        Thank you! Got it figured out. Realized that the toolbar icon for Airkeyboard defaults to "off". Once I switched it back on it was no problem changing the password and connecting. Much happier now having this working!

Comment

Working...
                        X