Another excellent remote keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another excellent remote keyboard

The remote app for your computer. Turn your smartphone into a wireless universal remote control with the Unified Remote App. Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Android/iPad/Windows Phone app is $4.00. There is a server component that needs to be installed on your PC.

API for building custom remotes: https://github.com/unifiedremote/Docs

I have built one for TGC.

Previously I was using Intel Remote Keyboard, and had some issues with it. Unified Remote has worked flawlessly.

Not sure if I can attach a zip file, but I will attempt to attach my TGC remote file. Unzip it to C:\ProgramData\Unified Remote\Remotes\Custom

Attached Files

Here is a screenshot of the TGC keyboard I created. Look/feel/layout etc can be very easily changed.

Comment

Will check it out....thanks

Comment

Can you add styling like background photos, etc. like any normal xml file?

Comment

Originally posted by gene438 View Post
          Can you add styling like background photos, etc. like any normal xml file?

Each button can have either a text label, an icon, or a background image. You can see all the properties for a button here:

Official API documentation. Contribute to unifiedremote/Docs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

My original layout worked ok for tablets, but had too many buttons on the screen to use with my phone.

Here is an updated version that splits the buttons into 2 tabs, Aiming and Menu. Aiming contains the stuff you use 95% of the time. Menu contains the menu button and arrow keys that you dont use that often.

Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Thanks!

Comment

Where do I find this for my iPad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Shardak
                  Shardak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its called Unified Remote in the app store. You need to buy the full version in order to use custom layouts like the TGC version I created. But you could get the free version first just to test out basic mouse/keyboard control and make sure it works for you.

anyone still using this? ive got an android phone and amazon fire 7 running android apps that id like to use this with. also, can u just search for a keyboard named tgc or is there a file i need? thx

Comment

you can run air keyboard on an android and there is two TGC versions

temp_3992_1478474568726_488 all right I just published the TGC keyboard it is based on Mikes design as I liked how he did his and it does have a few bugs in

Comment

Originally posted by drewpac View Post
                    anyone still using this? ive got an android phone and amazon fire 7 running android apps that id like to use this with. also, can u just search for a keyboard named tgc or is there a file i need? thx
                    I use this daily.

I have attached an updated layout for TGC. Place the folder contained in the zipfile in this location: C:\ProgramData\Unified Remote\Remotes\Custom

The screenshots show what this layout looks like.

Attached Files

Comment

• drewpac
                      drewpac commented
                      Editing a comment
                      thx. sry.... i didnt see the zip file until i used a computer and not my phone.

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
                    you can run air keyboard on an android and there is two TGC versions

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...been-published
                    when i looked at their website it says for the pro version the Android has to be rooted. so can u use those keyboards on lite version? and has anyone used those tgc air keyboards on an Android with success?

Comment

• aeroburner
                      aeroburner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will download it on my android tablet tonight and let you know

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
                    I will download it on my android tablet tonight and let you know
                    did u ever get a chance to see if it works on your android tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by drewpac View Post

did u ever get a chance to see if it works on your android tablet?
                      yes it has an app on android thinman replied about it

Comment

I know this thread is old but I have been using Shardak’s remote keyboard on my old android tablet for TGC. I upgraded to TGC 2019 and it still works except for fly over which was an easy fix (changed a “J” to a “H”) in the .lua file. I have been messing with the mulligan button and I have it working somewhat I have to tap the mulligan button twice fast to get it to work. To slow it stops at replay shot. Not a big deal but thought if anyone else uses it and if they got it working could you share how you did it? Would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Mr.chick
                          Mr.chick commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I finally got it figured out! only took two weeks!
                      Working...
                      X