Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

TGC Version 3.0 released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a question more for ProTee - Once we all sort out putting speeds and settings to our liking - can any + or - on the stimp be set at tournament level? Nice to play some tournaments at stamp 10 and others at 13. Even better if we do a "tour" with different settings on the rounds.

Comment

So I finally am close to having a workable putting speed. Note that I have a GC2 so I don't know if these settings translate to other hardware platforms.

ProTee Interface Putting Speed= 1.0. Note: I don't know if this real impacts anything with TGC
      GSX Putting Speed = -25. Yes, -25!
      TGC Stimp Speed = 7...I think! Note that the software seems to always reset to 7 even if I exit the server and and go into settings and save something different. If I then start the server, exit the game, stop the server and go,back into settings, it goes back to 7.

The TGC settings resetting could be user error, but I am pretty technical (25 years in software dev and technology mgmt.), so I don't think the problem is obvious.

Comment

GSX putting speed is better at 0. If you set GSX higher and TGC at 7, your greens will chip and run at 7 but putt at 10. Set TGC at 10 and GSX at zero. Both putting and chipping will roll at 10.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Protee 3.05d
          GSX 0.6.7. Ball speed set to 0 under Protee tab and putting
          TGC 3.0
          Opened TGC clicked my settings. Stimp 9 firmness 2. Click file, save after. I tried changing it and restarted TGC. Setting stayed.

Opened Flat Putting Green ProTee (we use this to set up)
          3.22 mph went 8 feet
          4.14 went 12 feet
          4.83 went 17 feet
          6.46 went 31 feet

The 8 footer rolled 8 feet in my room. The 12 footer rolled 12 feet. It's accurate here.

• onehandicap
          onehandicap commented
          Editing a comment
          Running the install as Administrator (run as administrator when right clicking installation program) solved the issue of the settings not sticking.

Mthunt: how did you get 0.6.7? My GSX is 0.6.3...I have tried to keep up with versions, so wondering if I missed one.

Finally, I did some testing on some marine "carpeting" and found that my rollout is similar to yours, so I am going to go with the conclusion that my simulator carpet is much slower than I thought...maybe that explains why I have trouble at my home club where they run 11 in normal summer conditions and 13 in tournaments. 😀😀😀

Thanks for your help!

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          The latest GSX should be In the installer. I hope I helped.

Originally posted by onehandicap View Post

ProTee Interface Putting Speed= 1.0. Note: I don't know if this real impacts anything with TGC
        GSX Putting Speed = -25. Yes, -25!
        TGC Stimp Speed = 7...I think!

Note that the software seems to always reset to 7 even if I exit the server and and go into settings and save something different. If I then start the server, exit the game, stop the server and go,back into settings, it goes back to 7.

The TGC settings resetting could be user error, but I am pretty technical (25 years in software dev and technology mgmt.), so I don't think the problem is obvious.
        GSX at -25? Wow! I can't see how that would work well. Everyone else uses zero and then just sets the desired TGC stimp speed.

Also the Protee Putting Speed Factor doesn't affect anything with GC2/Skytrak.

And despite your 25 year in software development the TGC stimp resetting is likely user error...it happens to the best of us. It doesn't reset on my system. Are you saving the file after modifying it? Anyway new settings stick on my system so something is amiss.
        Last edited by FaultyClubs; 05-15-2016, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post
          I hate being "that guy" that ask questions like this but... Am I supposed to be selecting all of the components to install (Skytrak TGC interface, TGC Simulator, DirectX Update, and TGC configuration) or just TGC simulator? The email isn't very clear on that.
          I was wondering the same thing. Wound up reinstalling everything. Took a while but it works

Comment

Originally posted by Sledge0001 View Post
            Holy smokes this is taking forever to download the update! 4 hours remaining whoa!
            Took me about 1 hour with 12 meg download speed

Comment

• Sledge0001
              Sledge0001 commented
              Editing a comment
              300 Down and 25 Up connection here and this thing is throttled a 2.7-3.0 Mbps.... Yawn...

• aja
              aja commented
              Editing a comment
              ProTee suggested using a download manager and it really sped up the download. Try FDM (Free Download Manager). It shaved my download time to under 10 minutes.

• Sledge0001
              Sledge0001 commented
              Editing a comment
              Changed my wifi router today and bingo! About 20 mins total.

Ok. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.0 and it works now! I'm no longer getting the repeat shot bug. Also I realized the option you want is short chip OFF and then everything works around the green!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome! Glad to hear it..... I was worried that we missed a big bug......

Comment

For those curious about putting settings, here you go:

TGC with GC2
                Protee 3.05d
                GSX 0.6.7. Ball speed set to 0 under Protee tab and putting
                TGC 3.0
                Opened TGC clicked my settings. Stimp 9 firmness 2. Click file, save after. I tried changing it and restarted TGC. Setting stayed.

Opened Flat Putting Green ProTee (we use this to set up)
                3.22 mph went 8 feet
                4.14 went 12 feet
                4.83 went 17 feet
                6.46 went 31 feet

The 8 footer rolled 8 feet in my room. The 12 footer rolled 12 feet. It's accurate here.

Comment

I found the way to change the green speed. But didn't play any holes after change. Will have to wait until tomorrow. I did play a few holes and didn't notice anything different about spin levels. My drivers were still going all over the place. I played IRL today and had just one that went wonky. The others were fairly straight with a slight fade. Now that is not to say that I'm not incapable of those type of shots, but was expecting to see some less extremes in either direction. Stopped and went to a driving range and the same. Most of them were power draws. Not what I would call a snap hook, but talking anywhere from 11-40 yards of movement. Just don't see that in real life on a consistent basis. Didn't really hit enough iron shots to see if there was any difference there.

I thought I would like the minimap more, but didn't actually use it at all. That may change the more I get used to it being there. In a different spot than PG, which I thought I would like it in the lower left, as PG is upper right. But really forgot it was there.

Did the delay on ball follow. I set it to 4, but I'll probably drop that down into the 3s for regular play. Anxious to see the difference in putting.

Is there going to be a chance in tournament rules so that everyone is putting on the same stimp or is that going to be left up to personal preference?

Just a few thoughts after a few swings tonight.

Comment

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There's no rules in tournaments on green speeds. It has never been discussed.

Originally posted by BamaGambler View Post
                  Ok. I uninstalled and reinstalled 3.0 and it works now! I'm no longer getting the repeat shot bug. Also I realized the option you want is short chip OFF and then everything works around the green!

Awesome, glad to hear that fixed the repeat bug, never saw that before. But I would be careful with that chipping fix. I was beta testing the new update the last week or so with the chipping fixes and all and when in OFF mode with the short spin correction setting, it will in fact put the skytrak in normal mode all the time around the green and may read slightly more accurate with the pitch and chips longer than say 12ish yards or so, but if you try chipping from under that (like try a shot from about 6 or 7 yards away) the skytrak wont read the shot at all (laser never goes off) exactly like it did for the e6 demo when we all had that short chip issues, thus the need to have a putting mode to read these shots as e6 demo did not have.

Now with the short chip correction in ON mode, the skytrak will automatically put you in putting mode on some short chips, and this leads to all of the chips/pitches reading with pretty accurate spin for what those shots should actually get in real life, but may still have a bit of a limitation on some very high or very low shots in capturing those spins dead on (your problem with the low spin reading on the flop shot from close). I think this is ultimately an issues with SkyTrak though possibly needing to have an update to better read the spins on short chips/pitches and Protee guys said they are constantly tweaking the numbers to try to get is closer and closer, but im guessing with the skytraks limitations in this area that is why it cant be perfect. I mean this is probably one of the reasons we don't have an actual small chip and putting practice mode in the skytrak app itself right now. But the bottom line is while this ON mode may not be super perfect, it is still very close on normal chip/pitches and also very importantly, it still read all of the shots and does leave you hitting the same tiny chip over and over again trying to get a read like we did with e6.

So if its working for you, awesome, but just a word of warning to those who try that suggestion, I recommend giving it a go though and seeing what you like better. The no reads on tiny chips just frustrated me too much and I cant go back to doing that life again haha. If you were able to get like a 5 or 6 yard chip to read with it in OFF mode I would love to see how, that would be huge if it worked consistently.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We need to do some tweaking in putt mode to be able to deliver that critical back spin with chips, as that mode does seem to capture those shots better. This will need to be done in the underlying SDK and/or firmware though, not front-side.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had a short chip yet. I'd probably putt anything that close anyway. I don't like chipping that short IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaGambler View Post
                    Thanks for the heads up. I haven't had a short chip yet. I'd probably putt anything that close anyway. I don't like chipping that short IRL.

haha yea me too actually, but there are situations where you need to chip those if its in heavy rough and all. And it wasn't limited to just a 6 or 7 yard chip where it doesn't read (those were just definite no reads). It actually seemed to stretch out to maybe 10-12 yard chip area. It was basically exactly the range we had trouble reading chips on e6, I cant remember the exact distances we all had the problem with on that.

Comment

So I've chipped in and hit the flag repeatedly since the update. I've noticed 0 side spin and perfect direction, which seems odd and not too realistic. Any comments on what is going on here?

Comment

• wbond
                        wbond commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I only played a couple holes last night with the new version and i saw the same thing, but it did have a different reading for backspin though, not the usual 1k or whatever it was.

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                      So I've chipped in and hit the flag repeatedly since the update. I've noticed 0 side spin and perfect direction, which seems odd and not too realistic. Any comments on what is going on here?
                      Not sure, with the new update and the short chip correction setting ON or OFF I was getting decent reads on side spin (at lease none of the 0 all the time like we used to get). Is this happening on every chip? and I would restart you computer and all if you haven't already just to give it all a fresh start as well before checking next time you play.

Comment

Working...
                      X