server issue again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server issue again

what is up with the servers lately can not get a complete game with out getting froze up during a match and having to restart the whole game over, is this going to be fixed hopefully soon as this last week has been completely out of the ordinary for TGC game play

I do think its a server issue on the TGC side for the frozen screens and the issues that were happening but why only in the last 5 days and not 10 days before that when there was no issues at all any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
      We fixed a Ball Not Launching / Invalid Launch Code issue. If you're using the ProTee Golf Interface, please update to version 3.10d to get this resolved.
      http://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-u...-10d-available
      Hello ProTee United Who should download this, GC2, SkyTrak, Everyone? Please let us know. Thanks

Comment

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        Only if you're using the ProTee Golf Interface. SkyTrak and ES16 users are using a different interface.

• Wyzyguy
        Wyzyguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the clearing that up.

Just a thought. I know ProTee had an issue that they had me make a setting on quite some time ago. Maybe it was broke in version 3.10b or the setting got unset. Is 5 days ago the time you downloaded that version of the interface? The problem was with waggles it was timing out. Do you waggle a lot? I dont which might be why I didnt have any issues? I cant remember the setting right now but thats what was happening before.

Comment

I have 3.06g. and it works fine. however I have not played match play on it. should I change to 3.10d protee?? or leave the same since I'm not having any issues thus far??

Comment

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          No need to update if it works. The issue probably started to appear with the 3.10 series.

I had similar issue on Sunday. Had 2 friends over for the day. We played a bunch of courses but could not get through any of them. It would lose the interface connection. Most of the time I could bring up the interface and it would show "not connected to box" (Skytrak). I would reconnect but it would not pick up any shots. I had to reboot the software. Only once was I able to have the interface reconnect to Skytrak and then pick up the shots and continue the round. All the other times (at least 4) it would not work. Its frustrating because even if you exit the round and then reboot and come back to the round, your friends are gone. Sure wish they could add the feature of saving friends rounds when ending the round so even if you have an issue like this you can get back to the round with a reboot.

Comment

I keep losing connection too. Happens on average once a week for me. It this strictly server issue on pro tee part or is it something I need to adjust on my end. I use a skytrak with my laptop in the garage and connect both through wifi. The laptop and skytrak itself doesn't seem to have any connection issues with my router.

It there something I could do to make sure dropped connections are not coming from my end. Set a static IP for both the laptop and skytrak?

My courses:
          Aldeen
          Butler National
          Cantigny
          Canyata
          Cog Hill #4
          Harbor Shores
          Harborside
          Naperville Country Club
          Prairie Landing
          Rich Harvest Farms
          Ruffled Feathers
          Shoreacres

Comment

• Jtangm04
            Jtangm04 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had no lost connections since doing a static IP for both my skytrak and laptop over the weekend. Played about 3-4 rounds. Hopefully this did the trick.

Static Ip addresses certainly wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledge0001 View Post
            Static Ip addresses certainly wouldn't hurt.
            I see. I just reseached the benefits of a static and dynamic ip address. I see a static would be better in our case. I will start with that. Thank you Sledge.

Comment

Originally posted by pwade3 View Post

I see. I just reseached the benefits of a static and dynamic ip address. I see a static would be better in our case. I will start with that. Thank you Sledge.
              Just make sure that you either reserve the IPs or take them out of the dhcp scope if you are going with static IPs. Other than that I am guessing that your IP address is renewing once a week through DHCP and that's why you are getting network drops. Hope it helps!

Comment

• pwade3
                pwade3 commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay, that's wonderful. I will make sure to do that and maybe give it a test today. If I am assigned a ip address through DHCP, why does it get a network drop? Once I have the IP address assigned and using the program does (possibly) it get reassigned in the middle of using the program? I seemed to be having multiply drops in a day.

• Sledge0001
                Sledge0001 commented
                Editing a comment
                Depending on how long the DHCP lease is setup for your IP address can change. If you reserve it you always get the same one. If you have a static IP then you always have the same one. The only issue that could come up is if you assign an IP that isn't on the same subnet or is still part of the dhcp scope that is being issued to devices on your network.

Anyone else having issues today? I tried to play my round and kept taking forever for a shot to display and then it would either continue or disconnect. The last time it wouldn't go back online so I gave up. I played with the Foresight software just to confirm it wasn't bluetooth and it was flawless.

Comment

Yeah I had problems earlier. Around 3pm central.

Some slowness, and I got kicked out a couple times and they had me go back a couple holes. Lost a few good shots to bad ones. Meh.

Comment

Ok, yeah I was getting the same thing so I gave up. I started out even and had to start over and bogied the first. Kinda annoying. I'll see if it saved anything the next time I try. Glad it wasn't just me.

Comment

MainStGolf Lefty71 gene438 & Wyzyguy Played the front as a threesome & the back as a foursome..... and it was smooth. We had a good time.

Comment

• Lefty71
                      Lefty71 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      had a great time and only one lost connection on my end

Originally posted by Wyzyguy View Post
                    MainStGolf Lefty71 gene438 & Wyzyguy Played the front as a threesome & the back as a foursome..... and it was smooth. We had a good time.
                    I have to comment that the foursome round today was probably the smoothest I have played to date. No hangups and the flow was perfect...especially considering the curve ball we threw by me jumping in late on the back nine...system synced up and play was smooth.

Comment

Great to hear that I wish i could have been there busy selling and mailing out GC2s. thank goodness this is almost over i need a VACA.

Comment

Working...
                      X