The Ultimate Simulator Driving and Practice Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Simulator Driving and Practice Range

Let us know all the great features you would like to see in the "Ultimate Simulator Driving and Practice Range".
    What sort of statistics, practice games, trace colors, views, you name it...

Share your ideas (and great features seen elsewhere). Post screenshots and tell us what the "ultimate" should be

random distances would be great, big break challenges you know the broken glass from X yards away, poker and black jack hand, somone else mentioned E6 - if I recall they have a very fun cloud based practice. Thanks for asking us.

Comment

Some sort of challenge mode with points based on closeness to target and PLEASE add some sort of putting green practice area, that would be simply amazing and I could do it in my kids playroom on nights where I am not going to play a round out in the sim room!!

Comment

This all sounds very exciting. Protee - can you offer any guidance on timing?
        Last edited by Mickey; 01-10-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          With all these great ideas it might take a while... we just started to get a list of requirements.

Besides a basic driving range with shot/club tracing and shot tracking, definately would love a skills/combine game experience. The Topgolf idea sounds great.

Comment

I would like to see shot tracking and being able to keep it for each individual club. Over however long a period of practice with each club you would know if nothing else if the lie and loft of the club fits you for the direction and distance needed. Clubs can be bent easily and knowing what needed to be done to them would be very helpful.

Comment

A lot of great ideas.

My top priorities would be combine test, features of protee range, and ability to name clubs/user profile during sessions.

A long drive/closest to pin contest environment would be my next request.

Oh, the ability to hit a shot, and not even wait for it to land would be great. When I hit a bad shot, having to wait for it to land, roll out, and then load the next shot is annoying/distracting to me. With 2 kids now, every second counts!

Also, if the contests get developed, having the TGC ghost player addition would be great too.

Comment

The two things i would like to see are:
              1) the ability to practice on any course and jump straight to a hole
              2) on a range the ability to practice to different length pins and just jump between the pins.

Comment

I would want to be able to go in and choose what I want to do with what club, but would also like to have a array of skills challenges that it would score you on to see how well you do, and to save the info to see how you improve over a period of time. Would like to have it use little drills to improve your game for the different clubs and different shot shapes and things like that so you can see what you need to work on to improve your game.

Comment

This may sound a little juvenile. But the farm range is a hit with my kids they love knocking over the animals. I have to say I kind of enjoy it myself. Interactive arcade style games would be a fun way to practice. Example sinking battle ships or other fun games. I think E6 has something like it.

But I went TGC and I love it.

Sounds like there are some great ideas for practice. Please keep kids and immature adults in mind.

Comment

Love the fact your asking for Customer Feedback...smart move. Not actively hooked up yet as I'm waiting on launch monitor to arrive so I appoligize if these are already included.

For fun, how about a moving target. Put a guy on a tractor riding around collecting balls and let us go after him. If we hit him make something totally cool and unexpected happen graphically.

Exploding targets might be another cool feature. Both would make fun play with my 10 and 12 year old boys. If you do exploding targets let us manipulate the explosion ring diameter based on stats so we can customize to generate success and engagement with the youth.

On the more serious side, random targets are a cool feature. You could take that idea to whole new skill level but making it random shots with a defined club. That would help reinforce distance control with 25%, 50%, 75% and full swing for each club.

If you could come up with a trajectory control skills challenge for each iron that might help our games considerably too.

Comment

I'm glad there's so many other people interested in the fun / game / skills ideas. Something to make practicing fun

Comment

• keither5150
                        keither5150 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My kid would love the games. We play closest to the pin while chipping.

I saw a video somewhere of TGC2 where the guy was placing the ball anywhere.... that is huge. Shot dispersion. Checking data of a session ...right in the game. Say you hit 50 7 irons. give your averages , longest, distance to the target....etc.

Practice mode....jump to any hole on any course and drop the ball anywhere. Autorewind hole....not just the shot. This way you can replay the entire hole.

Now this is small....... John should say different things on the range and maybe talk a lot less. I usually shut him off ...sorry John.... because I don't want to hear ..." let's see what you can do on this par 3" over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                        I saw a video somewhere of TGC2 where the guy was placing the ball anywhere.... that is huge. Shot dispersion. Checking data of a session ...right in the game. Say you hit 50 7 irons. give your averages , longest, distance to the target....etc.

Practice mode....jump to any hole on any course and drop the ball anywhere. Autorewind hole....not just the shot. This way you can replay the entire hole.

Now this is small....... John should say different things on the range and maybe talk a lot less. I usually shut him off ...sorry John.... because I don't want to hear ..." let's see what you can do on this par 3" over and over again.
                        ProTee Play had all of this. I'd basically like protee play in TGC.
                        My Courses:
                        World Par 3's by mthunt
                        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                        Weston G&CC by mthunt
                        London Hunt Club L mthunt
                        Park CC Lidar mthunt
                        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                        The National GC L mthunt
                        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                        Markland Woods CC mthunt
                        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                        Magna GC L mthunt
                        Barrie CC L mthunt
                        mthunt Range

Comment

• keither5150
                          keither5150 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, there you go.

My Wishlist:

Practice on any hole of any course quickly.

Choose a distance to hit from. Like to use the mini map to choose a distance and angle from pin.

Keep track of shots - define cubs and color for each club

Option to leave the tracers on screen as well as leave a colored dot on the mini map for each shot.

Option to see a more detailed view of all shots. Screen could have a zoomed view of minimap showing circles around grouping of shots for each club. Below this an an excel type grid showing shots data and averages for clubs.

To me the above is not just for fitting, I practice a lot on TGC and it would be great to be able to see the grouping of shots visually as it gives you a better idea of your dispersion both left and right as well as short and long.

If this is a wish list then I would also love to see a Trackman Combine type system as well. I like what Trackman has done with 6 shots from 60,70,80,90,100,120,140,160,180, and Driver. Get a score (0-100) for each yardage and an overally score. People can choose to save their score and have a leaderboard.

Comment

Now we're talking.

My wishlist basically involves progressive practice, with memory of how far we've progressed. Something like this:

From 50 yards:

Level 1: Wide open fairway onto green with no bunkers. Hit 7 out of ten within x distance of the pin to go to the next level.
                          Level 2: Introduce bunkers to the back of the green. Hit 7 out of 10 to progress.
                          Level 3: Bunkers to front and back. Hit 7 out of 10 to progress.
                          Level 4: Surrounded by bunkers. Hit 7 etc.
                          Level 5: Narrow the fairway.
                          Level 6: Water down left hand side
                          Level 7: Water down right hand side
                          Level 8: Onto green surrounded by water.
                          Level 9: In wind.
                          etc etc. gradually increasing the difficulty. With pressure on each shot as you know you have to hit 7 out of 10. and being able to keep track of exactly how far you have progressed.

If you can do all the levels from 50 yards, either move back x yards, or make the distance to the pin that is acceptable shorter and start again at level one. Or both.

Similarly, when practicing shots on a range, an option to choose either the same shot over and over (i.e. a 50 yard approach onto the same green) or random distances. When starting, repetition is important, but to truely master the skill, you have to be able to do throughout the bag with random distances.

Lastly, a progression that helps you build the 9 shot shapes (draw, fade, straight and at low medium and high trajectories). At the start, you just want to focus on the shot shape rather than height. Start with the draw for example. Water all down the right hand side so that you're forced to work it out. Maybe wind blowing you towards the water. Once you can do that 7 out of 10,go to level 2, where you introduce an aiming post that you have to finish to the left of. Then level 3, introduce another that you have to finish to the right of (i.e. you now have to finish between two boundary sticks). etc. etc.

Do the same for the fade.

Do the same for the straight.

Then work on the different heights. Create scenarios you would need the different heights (tree cover, wind etc.). And test with progress when you can get 7 out of 10.

If you can do that, then I'd be a very happy man indeed!

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X