This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2019 Course Design 201 Tutorials - by Crazycanuck1985

TGC 2019 Course design tutorials by Crazycanuck1985.

If you are a newer designer, please check out Crazycanuck1985s' Course Design 101 Tutorials first before checking out these videos.
    You can find that playlist here: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...razycanuck1985

TGC 2019 Course Design 201: Episode 1 - Creating a New Plot

TGC 2019 Course Design 201: Episode 2 - Bunkers Revisited

Crazycanuck1985 on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/crazycanuck5

Hazards are mostly pixie dust except OB. OB is added the same as adding a surface. Add water and you have a hazard. The game decides on the drop options.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

Followup on hazards. So I have to place water in order to get lateral hazard behavior in the game? The course I'm building is very tight and tree lined with lateral hazards along a lot of the tree lines (severe slopes down hill). Is there a way for me to recreate the lateral hazard effect without adding water?

It seems like placing red or yellow stakes is just for decoration.

Comment

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        The stakes do nothing.

• ChadGolf
        ChadGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        I did some investigation and I think your best bet is to load them with trees like usual and then let the player "Declare Unplayable" from the menu.

Besides being able to ground our clubs, there is a lot of free will involved when playing from a non-water lateral hazard:

My results are that the game does not implement any form of lateral relief.

When you declare unplayable or enter the water, you have the option of playing from the original shot location (stroke and distance) or taking back-on-the-line relief. When you hit it in the water and you are forced to take the penalty by the game, if you move your back-on-the-line relief ALLLL the way forward, then you might be allowed to drop and hit from the point where the ball bounced but is clearly nearer to the hole than the point of reference.

Does this match what others have observed?

• frodaddy00
        frodaddy00 commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean technically there are creeks there but like 15 yards down a 30 foot hill! I agree I will just have to load up with thick woods and bushes so the user cannot advance forward.. they may be able to punch out or just take an unplayable.

The course I am making is not easy and might not even be that fun for a lot of players. It's been beating me down for years and I'd like to recreate the experience

dagratest816 I designed Stone Canyon last year for TGC. It was out of memory and I did not use Lidar. I am still fairly pleased with it though. For TGC 2019 I have designed Adams Pointe and Swope Park. Both using Lidar. I will make them public this weekend, but will probably put them under as Beta courses. I will let you know because I would like local knowledge of the courses and your feedback. I am also going to put them into stream (once I am done with them ) so people can play them on Xbox and PS4. Any course you can think of that you would like for me to design? I like to stick to courses I have played is the only thing. Are you going to design any?

Comment

• ChadGolf
        ChadGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't forget that we get Steam publishes IMMEDIATELY now, no server sync, no duplicate courses. Publish once on Steam for PC, XBOX, PS4, and SIMULATOR.

• dagratest816
        dagratest816 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man I can't wait for those to get published! I love Adam's pointe just played two weeks ago!! If I could put in a request I without say winterstone, Tiffany greens, and then my home course of shamrock in LS. I want to make winterstone but have been looking for good lidar files for it to no luck yet. I'm going to have to really spend some time with it though. I tried to follow the forum with instructions but bit off more than I could chew that night. I'm going to look for them on ps4 too I have the game and sim obviously. Very excited to check them out. I'm going to have to go and look up stone canyon too. Like that course a lot! Good stuff!! Maybe one can get added to the tour!

ChadGolf thanks for the info. I am publishing two courses today, but I am going to wait for feed back before putting them on Steam. Thats still pretty easy to do even after publishing right? Your tool is amazing! Thanks for everything!

Comment

dagratest816 I am publishing Swope and Adams today. Swope will be published in about ten minutes. Adams still needs a lot of work but still I will still get it out there. If you design, you will find that designing water on a course is not that easy and is time consuming. Looking forward to your feedback. Please don't hesitate to let me know about any changes I need to make. The city in the background on 17 (Swope) does not look that good so I might pull it out. Also the clubhouse was as close as I could get. Winterstone would be fun. I haven't played Tiffany in a years. Shamrock I have only played once. Maybe Shoal. I am playing Longview in a couple of weeks might give that a try. I might do Stone Canyon with Lidar again.

Comment

• dagratest816
          dagratest816 commented
          Editing a comment
          not sure what the timeline looks like for the courses to get uploaded and be playable. I didnt see Adams this morning, I also searched for Stone Canyon (thought it wouldve been brought over but i guess it didnt) Is your username on TGC2019 the same as here if so i will send you a friend request to look up the courses that you have played and see if I can find them that way or not. Looking forward to playing them whenever they become available! Not sure if you have been out south or not, but i wouldnt mind playing the wide open courses of hoots hollow or country creek. I might actually start with that course as a feeler of just how to work the software out since its pretty wide open no water or tons of trees to deal with.

dagratest816 I don’t feel comfortable enough with Adams to publish it yet. But definitely by this weekend. Swope is published as Swope Memorial KCMO Beta. I think I have to bring Stone Canyon over but it was not done with Lidar. It might be the one I do (again) after I finish with Adams. I love/ hate that course. Lol. I guess it would not hurt to publish Adams, because I need feedback before I publish it on Steam. I have not played the courses you mentioned. For kicks I might design Minor Park. Lol. Thanks for your feedback!

Comment

dagratest816 Adams is published. Let me know what you think.

Comment

• dagratest816
            dagratest816 commented
            Editing a comment
            im on ps4 searching both courses now. I will probably play adams tomorrow on sim. Playing Tiffany again Sunday IRL possibly, cant wait! I'll let you know what i think of them.

• dagratest816
            dagratest816 commented
            Editing a comment
            having troubles finding the courses I found 3 swope memorials all labeled v2 though. Having troubles finding the beta one. coudlnt find stone or adams not sure if they were brought over or uploaded yet for all systems i guess. Possibly could you add your name to the courses like mthunt does to make em easier to find?

dagratest816 I should have mentioned that I have not brought them over to all systems yet. I was waiting for feedback before I did that. Mainly because I don’t know Steam that well and I am not sure how easy or hard it is to make changes. But if you can give them a try on your simulator and give me some feedback that would be great. Please be as picky as you want. Thanks in advance!!

Comment

• dagratest816
            dagratest816 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah ok that's why I couldn't find them. I'll check them out over the holiday weekend and let you know what I think. Looking forward to it

• dagratest816
            dagratest816 commented
            Editing a comment
            Finally able to respond...Played Adams Pointe a week ago! it was on point!!!! Loved the remake!!! if thats a LiDAR course (cant remember if you said it was or not) i now know why i cant cut that corner on 18!!! haha. lots of rewinds were spent on that hole when i played. IDK if in real life it seems like its more down hill or what. but neither here nor there beautiful course! loved it! Have you published all the courses yet you said you had? and did you put them on steam yet? I know im late with this review. but nicely done! 4.5/5!!! great stuff! Looking forward to playing your other courses!

Question on my designed courses. I just designed two local course using Chads tool and Lidar. They look really good! Still need to publish them on Steam though. When I play on other courses I have the settings set to 1 put from 6’, two putt all others. But when I play the courses I designed I have to putt all putts. Is there a reason for this? Is there another setting? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
          X