X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing TGC Designer Tools and Real Course Recreation Lidar Import

Hi everyone!

I've been hard at work for the last month developing tools that primarily will import Lidar data into TGC 2019 Courses.

There have been a lot of ups and downs, but I'm at the point where I'm ready to accept feedback from the community.

A completed course file is available here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RYW...ew?usp=sharing

Please don't publish this course in game, it's not completed and I call 'dibs' on publishing this course after I finish decorating it.

I've completed the proof-of-concept phases and have created playable, realistic courses. I'm still working on the User Interface and instructions to make this the easiest that it can be, but I wanted to open the tools up for developers to contribute fixes.

The source code is available free on Github and releases will be available there under the "Releases" link. I'm targeting the initial release in a week or two as a Windows download:

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	37.9 KB ID:	184974

I also am supporting import from OpenStreetMap golf courses ( https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=1...576/-115.28536 ) into TGC as splines if you don't want the lidar elevation or can't get lidar for your course.

Quick tips if you want to get started on your OpenStreetMap course: use the highest quality sat image available, map greens along the inside of THE FRINGE, map bunkers on the outside lip, map water on the outside lip.

For more information on the process or if you want to support future features of this tool, please read here: https://www.patreon.com/chadgolf

I hope this brings enjoyment to everyone. We all have courses that are personally meaningful to us, and I hope this software inspires you to create something for the community.
    - Chad

Special thanks to MTHunt, crazycanuck1985, friendBOMBER, and HTdumps for initial feedback and guidance.

Instructions and a tutorial linked from this page: https://chadrockey.github.io/TGC-Designer-Tools/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ChadGolf; 02-07-2019, 07:06 PM.

• The course is divided into West, North and East. People usually select West or North with East for the 18 hole. But some will play all 27 holes if they have time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phoenix01 View Post
      Will TGC2019 take 27 hole course Lidar data? When I try to load a 27 hole course in TGC2019, I get a HB- RS[1702] error message. I have no issue to load a 9 hole & 18 hole golf course. Have anyone created a 27 or more hole golf course using TGC2019? Thank you.

You cant make a 27 hole course. Only 18. You need to follow the suggestion of making 3 courses.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• Phoenix01
        Phoenix01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much, mthunt. Just to be sure, forget about the Lidar data, you just can't build a 27 hole course using TGC2019 even starting from scratch there, right? If that is the case, there is no point for me to try remove the labels in OSM --- My only option is to make 3 courses then.

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        18 holes is the max

• Got, THANKS!

Comment

• You can have more than 18 greens etc as long as they aren't labelled. I've done this on my courses where I've got putting greens and practice greens in addition to my 18 holes.

Andy

Comment

• And people have created 36 holes plus on a plot before and not encountered any issues. friendBOMBER did it with Firestone without problems

Andy

Comment

• Can you play those extra holes?
            Originally posted by AndyF View Post
            And people have created 36 holes plus on a plot before and not encountered any issues. friendBOMBER did it with Firestone without problems

Andy

Comment

• friendBOMBER
              friendBOMBER commented
              Editing a comment
              I built Firestone south and west courses on the same plot, but then I needed to publish twice as two separate courses, since the designer only allows for 18 holes. So, yes you can play all 36 holes, just not all at once.

• Originally posted by wbond View Post
            Can you play those extra holes?

No you can't. I thought what Phoenix01 was asking though was if he could lay out all 27 holes in one design which you can do. Then you need to pick 18 to play, publish that course, then pick another 18 and publish again etc

Comment

• Hey guys currently working on my course everything has worked up until Iget to the point where I Export the course back to the tgc course folder. No file shows up. Any ideas or suggestions?

Comment

• I've published the last bunch of French Lidar golf courses, most back on the mainland:
                TGC Filename Real Course Name Location
                TL Golf de Carantec v1.0 Golf de Carantec Brittany, France
                TL GolfClubdeStTropez 1.0 Golf Club de St. Tropez South of France
                TL 3 Islets,Martinique1.0 Golf des Trois-ĂŽlets Martinique, French Caribbean
                TL RivieraGolfBarbossi1.0 Rivierra Golf de Barbossi South of France
                TL Cabourg,Le Home,FRv1.1 Golf Club de Cabourg Le Home Normandy, France
                TL Etretat ,FR v2.0 Lidar Golf d'Étretat Normandy, France
                TL OmahaBeachLaMer,FRv1.0 Omaha Beach Golf (La Mer course) Normandy, France
                TL OmahaBeachLeManoir,FRv1.0 Omaha Beach Golf (Le Manior course) Normandy, France
                TL GolfClecy Chamois, FR v1.0 Golf de Clecy Cantelou (Chamois course) Normandy, France
                TL Houlgate,FR Lidar v2.0 Golf Blue Green Houlgate Normandy, France
                TL St. Gatien Lidar v2.0 Golf de Deauville Saint-Gatien (La Bergère course) Normandy, France
                TL StGatienLaChapelle 1.1 Golf de Deauvile Saint-Gatien (La Chapelle course) Normandy, France
                TL GolfDeauvilleBleuBlanc 1.0 Golf Barrière de Deauville (Blue/White course) Normandy, France
                TL GolfDeauvilleRougeBlanc1.0 Golf Barrière de Deauville (Red/White course) Normandy, France

Comment

• Awesome to see so many people getting into creating lidar courses!

Did you guys check out : https://tgccourses.com , it's an online list alot of lidar/real courses and the best feature is you can add them to the list yourself!
                  This way we can create a list of awesome courses together!

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                    BGCurtis2nd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Crown Point Farmington MO has an X by it, but it is LIDAR.

• ok so this is amazing. i'm finally get the simulator all set back up - i'll get some pics of the final build here. but i was playing around with this. had a few basica questions:
                  1. so if i want to then put water in the giant holes that are made from masking the blue how is that done in the designer?
                  2. if i update the open map of the golf course more do i have to do the whole red paint thing and start from scratch every time with the lidar data? or can i just start at the step after making the mask since that shouldn't change correct?

i'm working on the disney courses so if someone wants their mickey mouse fix i'm making them

Comment

• This is an awesome tool!!! I just finished my home course and it turned out great. The best part is that the LIDAR data that I got was from 2011 and it showed the course the way that I liked it most. We had a new owner come in 2014 that took down a lot of trees that made the course what it was. Now there aren't as many trees but it is still a good course. I understand why he did it but it almost made me sick to see all of the trees gone.
                    When I Imported the Terrain and Features I checked the box that said "Add trees from LIDAR(Experimental) and it brought the course back to what it was when I was growing up playing it!

Thank you so much to all of the developers of this amazing course development tool!!

Comment

• I am new at this and trying to map my home club for use with my Skytrak and TGC 19 and have run into a brick wall.

I think I have followed the tutorial step but for some reason when I run it I never get the course data that I mapped on OSM for walnut creek cc in South Lyon MI. It never shows up. I can export the file in OSM and import to a flat course but having difficulty getting and OSM when i run the normal process the LIDAR files. I get the elevation data from the LIDAR files but no OSM data. My preview is just a black screen

Attached is the log from TGC golf tools 3.0. Also attached is the course image from OSM

Thanks, Mike C

Attached Files

Comment

• BigMike66
                        BigMike66 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did some digging and think i found the solution. I needed to force lidar EPSG projection to 2253

• Once you get it figured out, any chance you’ll do Lyon oaks?
                      Originally posted by BigMike66 View Post
                      I am new at this and trying to map my home club for use with my Skytrak and TGC 19 and have run into a brick wall.

I think I have followed the tutorial step but for some reason when I run it I never get the course data that I mapped on OSM for walnut creek cc in South Lyon MI. It never shows up. I can export the file in OSM and import to a flat course but having difficulty getting and OSM when i run the normal process the LIDAR files. I get the elevation data from the LIDAR files but no OSM data. My preview is just a black screen

Attached is the log from TGC golf tools 3.0. Also attached is the course image from OSM

Thanks, Mike C

Comment

• I am trying to get the lidar data online from the govt website. It looks like there is no lidar data anywhere in the US, is this just my computer maybe a glitch or do I not have something selected like I should?

Comment

Working...
                        X