X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Designer for Hire

Hey guys,

Owning one of these simulators is awesome! Unfortunately, I do not, but I have been designing courses on TGC for a long time now. You may be familiar with my work. I designed Pebble Beach Golf Links, Firestone, TPC at Sawgrass and many others. My gamertag in the other forums is friendBOMER. I have already helped out a couple of ProTee owners by designing their home courses for them. One of those being "Brae Burn Country Club". I first designed the course on TGC1 and then brought the course over to TGC2019. That way they are able to play it on TGC1 until 2019 is released. With each build I will setup a Work in Progress thread where I will post pictures and updates. At the end I can even send you the course file! It will take about a month for the design process, I will also ask for any pictures you can provide, along with as much green details you can give.

I am currently working on remaking my Firestone and have a Work in Progress thread going. Here you can check it out and can see what the process looks like to create an accurate RCR from scratch.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread.../firestone-wip

If you have a home/favorite course you have always wanted designed to be available on your Simulator? Please consider putting me to work for you! PM or email me at bpugh27@gmail.com First come first serve!

TPC at Sawgrass:

Pebble Beach Golf Links:

Hobble Creek GC

The Grizzly

My other Published:

Valhalla GC (TGC2019)
    Pebble Beach Golf Links
    Firestone CC South
    East Lake Golf Club (TGC2019)
    TPC at Sawgrass
    Hobble Creek GC
    The Grizzly
    Brae Burn Country Club

Monument National GC (TGC2019)
    Celebration Golf Club (TGC2019)
    Riverside Golf Club
    Pelikila Golf Club
    Potomac Country Club
    Briarbanks Country Club
    West Fields Golf Club
    Turtle Creek Golf Club
    Palo Verde Golf Club
    Last edited by friendBOMBER; 02-12-2019, 05:06 PM.

• Time to tee one up with your old hickory sticks at old "Foxburg 1887" located in Foxburg, Pennsylvania. Green tees are setup in the same spots as where the tee's where originally laid out, indicated by a large lime stone rock. This is one of the oldest actively operated courses in the States!

"Back in Foxburg J.M. Fox laid out eight holes around his summer estates. He invited other local people to play the makeshift course, but it soon became apparent that the small layout could not accommodate everyone who wanted to play. In 1887, he provided land for more spacious course consisting of five holes. The course opened on the ground which currently is now the Foxburg Country Club and golf has been played there ever since. "

More of the history can be found here: https://www.foxburgcountryclub.com/about-me

@Hickory James Thank you for hiring me for this project. It was fun learning about the history of this course! When I moved it to 2k21, I was able to replace those trees with purple leafed sycamores. Closest I could find to the red leaf maples. Cheers!

Comment

• Tee one up at "Ponca City CC" located in Ponca City, Oklahoma. Tree lined fairways and small greens create a unique challenger here at the Perry Maxwell designed course. Enjoy!

Comment

• Tee the little white ball up at "Purpoodock Club" a distinctive private 18-hole championship golf course located in picturesque Cape Elizabeth, Maine - within five miles of Portland, South Portland, and Scarborough.

Comment

• Hit the little white ball around "Diamond Hawk" located in Cheektowaga, NY!

"A beautiful tree-lined winding course that, while right down the street from the Buffalo Airport, will make you feel like you’re totally away from the bustle of the city. Spanning 159 acres, Diamond Hawk offers 30 acres of meticulous fairway and 3 acres of high-quality greens. Country Club quality in a public setting."

Follow me on Twitter @friendBOMBER1

Comment

• Tee one up at "Crag Burn" located in East Aurora, NY!

"In 1929, Frank H. Goodyear Jr., a prominent Buffalonian and his wife, Dorothy Knox, began construction on a summer estate in East Aurora called Crag Burn. An elaborate English Style house with more than 60 rooms was built and across the road, 190 acres of grounds included magnificent stables, service buildings, polo fields, and bridle paths.​
            ​
            By the late 1960s, the polo fields and bridle paths near the estate’s stable where seeing very little use. The horses had long been sold, and the fields had begun to return to nature. Dorothy Knox Goodyear’s son Bobby and son-in-law, Clint Wyckoff, had the idea to turn a 190-acre parcel into a golf course, a fitting use for the beautiful landscape and existing structures.

A course was built."

Follow me on Twitter @friendBOMBER1

Comment

• Tee one up at "Cypress Run" located in Tarpon Springs, FL!

"To appreciate Cypress Run Golf Club, it is not enough to admire its attractive golf course designed by nationally acclaimed golf course architect Larry Packard. From the start, Cypress Run represented a labor of love motivated by the pleasure of playing golf. The founders, with selectivity and patience, envisioned an uncrowded, limited membership golf club. What began as a dream in 1981 became a reality as an uncompromising golf club in an exclusive residential community.

Cypress Run is a championship, 18-hole golf course with 5 sets of tees that accommodate all levels of play. It can play as short as 5,372 yards or as long as 7,001 yards. The tif-eagle greens and newly-renovated bunkers solidify Cypress Run's tradition as being the best manicured and most playable golf club in the Tampa Bay area."

Comment

• Tee one up at "Pine Lakes" located on Jekyll Island, GA. A beautiful tree lined course. The 1st of three 18 hole courses on the property.

"Originally built in 1968 and renovated in 2002, Pine Lakes is the Island’s longest golf course, meandering through ocean forests and undisturbed marsh hammocks. Golfers and naturalists alike will find solace in this tranquil outdoor venue. Known as the Island’s family-oriented course, Pine Lakes was developed by designer Clyde Johnson to incorporate family-friendly tee boxes, making it one of the few courses in the nation that provides even playing ground for both adults and younger players."

Comment

• Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there! Get out and hit the little white ball around "Indian Mound" located on Jekyll Island, GA!

"Constructed in 1975, Indian Mound is a masterpiece from course designer Joe Lee.

Known for displaying Lee’s signature fairway bunkers in precarious locations, this natural course displays the Island’s pristine beauty and woodlands. Though it is the shortest of Jekyll’s three 18-hole courses, Indian Mound offers plenty of challenges.

Its par 5s are more difficult than the modest yardage might suggest, and only one of the par 3 holes can be thought of as a soft touch. The course’s par 4 holes provide several scoring opportunities for golfers able to take advantage of the short shots into the greens."

Comment

• The third and final course on Jekyll Island, "Oleander". Some say it is the toughest of the three courses, with tight tree lined fairways and very small greens!

"Generally thought of as the most difficult course on Jekyll Island, Oleander also has the honor of being the oldest Island link, serving as the host course for the Georgia Open during its four-year Jekyll run. Designed by one of the most respected course architects in the game, Dick Wilson, Oleander is known as the most distinct of the Island’s three 18-hole courses. Though from its fairway the course is not particularly a difficult layout, it is considered tightly designed, with ocean breezes and short grasses providing a challenge to golfers of all skills levels."

Comment

• Tee one up at "Lakewood CC - 1908" located in Lakewood, CO, just west of Denver. A beautiful Donald Ross course with some fun but challenging greens.

"Opened in 1908, the golf course at Lakewood Country Club is one of the oldest courses in Colorado. The team of Tom Bendelow and Donald Ross designed the course, which is 6,699 yards from its longest tees, with a par of 71. The private, 18-hole course is challenging, yet still suitable for all levels of golfers. The manicured greens are well-maintained providing a great environment for enjoyable play. Lakewood Country Club has several other amenities including a clubhouse and a pro shop. The course is also good for families since there are instructive lessons for young golfers and there is also a refreshing pool on the premises."

Comment

• beagolfer
                        beagolfer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Looks great - thanks for all the effort!

• Tee one up at "Haworth CC" located in Haworth, NJ! A beautiful Robert Trent Jones Jr Redesign!

"The 18-hole private golf course at Haworth Country Club officially opened in 1965 is located in Haworth, New Jersey. Re-designed by the golf course architect, Robert Trent Jones Jr. in 2000, the course length is 7000 yards. The course has five sets of tees and over four acres of teeing ground."

Comment

• Hit the links at "TPC Southwind" located in Memphis, TN! Built with all new updated bunkers on #1 and #18 along with a new tee box area on #14. Highly detailed and accurately planted from hole by hole pictures taken by a member at the club! Home of the Fedex St. Jude Championship and designed by Architect Ron Prichard in 1988.

Comment

• GolfGuy72_2000
                          GolfGuy72_2000 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This looks awesome! I'm not able to get in the sim much this summer, but can't wait to give this one a play when I get back home and can play more this fall. Thanks for all your efforts, friendBOMBER!

• 10/10 - 5 stars - Amazing!!

Huge thank you to friendBomber!!! The course looks Perfect!

Honestly, I cannot say enough good things about working with him. Beyond highly recommended! I wanted as close to the real thing as possible...he went above and beyond. His creativity, attention to detail and overall communications were excellent. From the beginning to the end of the process he cared to get it right. Even after I provided over 100 pages of changes(ridiculous on my part) he happily went back and made all of them. He truly is an artist with what he is doing. I will definitely be back to hire him for another course very soon!

-One very happy customer!

Comment

• friendBOMBER
                          friendBOMBER commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My pleasure Marcus! I love getting a course as close to the real thing as the game will allow and a lot of fun to do it on a course like TPC Southwind! I should be thanking you and your wife for letting you take the time to capture all those pictures

• Tee one up at "St. Patrick's GC" located in Downpatrick, North Ireland! A fun course with major elevation changes and tricky greens! Designed in 1930 by Hawtree LTD.

Comment

• Head to the beautiful Eastern coastline of Spain and tee one up at "Oliva Nova"!

"Designed by Severiano Ballesteros in 1995, it occupies about 50 hectares. of wide fairways, gently undulating greens and water hazards that determine the game strategy.

It is a long route (6,312M, slope 129) but very flat and pleasant to walk. Tee shots are comfortable on most holes, but approach shots to the green require skill and cunning. The invisible presence of the sea is evident in the breeze, which determines the choice of club and the way each hole is played.

Ten artificial lakes reflect the beauty of the palm trees and the sky, and welcome the activity of numerous species of fish and birds. A perfect complement to the exquisite care and maintenance of the route and its garden areas."

Last edited by friendBOMBER; 07-29-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X