X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Designer for Hire

Hey guys,

Owning one of these simulators is awesome! Unfortunately, I do not, but I have been designing courses on TGC for a long time now. You may be familiar with my work. I designed Pebble Beach Golf Links, Firestone, TPC at Sawgrass and many others. My gamertag in the other forums is friendBOMER. I have already helped out a couple of ProTee owners by designing their home courses for them. One of those being "Brae Burn Country Club". I first designed the course on TGC1 and then brought the course over to TGC2019. That way they are able to play it on TGC1 until 2019 is released. With each build I will setup a Work in Progress thread where I will post pictures and updates. At the end I can even send you the course file! It will take about a month for the design process, I will also ask for any pictures you can provide, along with as much green details you can give.

I am currently working on remaking my Firestone and have a Work in Progress thread going. Here you can check it out and can see what the process looks like to create an accurate RCR from scratch.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread.../firestone-wip

If you have a home/favorite course you have always wanted designed to be available on your Simulator? Please consider putting me to work for you! PM or email me at bpugh27@gmail.com First come first serve!

TPC at Sawgrass:

Pebble Beach Golf Links:

Hobble Creek GC

The Grizzly

My other Published:

Valhalla GC (TGC2019)
    Pebble Beach Golf Links
    Firestone CC South
    East Lake Golf Club (TGC2019)
    TPC at Sawgrass
    Hobble Creek GC
    The Grizzly
    Brae Burn Country Club

Monument National GC (TGC2019)
    Celebration Golf Club (TGC2019)
    Riverside Golf Club
    Pelikila Golf Club
    Potomac Country Club
    Briarbanks Country Club
    West Fields Golf Club
    Turtle Creek Golf Club
    Palo Verde Golf Club
    Last edited by friendBOMBER; 02-12-2019, 05:06 PM.

Brandon did this course for me and the course plays amazingly close to the real thing. Thanks for such a fantastic job, great value for the money.

It is really going to help with my practice especially here in the north east where there are only 5 quality golf months a year.

Comment

• friendBOMBER
      friendBOMBER commented
      Editing a comment
      My pleasure! It's a great course and was a lot of fun to build! I really get into these courses, I love seeing the way the course designer used the lay of the land and tree placement to create unique and challenging holes.

Just published "Lanhydrock Golf Club" located just outside Bodmin, England. This course was built by hand, due to the fact that no Lidar data was available for this area. For those of you that have a course that you want built, but the course has no Lidar data, rest assure that it can still be done!

"Hidden in a sheltered wooded valley in Bodmin, Cornwall, Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club is one of the finest 18 hole golf courses in the South West.

Over the years the course has been beautifully shaped into the landscape, producing a course that offers an enjoyable challenge for golfers of all abilities.

From the first hole, players are excited and enthralled. A short par four provides the option for a gentle lay up to the generous landing area, or do you take on the water for the opportunity of a birdie or eagle?"

Comment

This is the second course Brandon has done for me and the course plays very close to my memory of it, which is fantastic given that he had to build this by hand. Thanks for another wonderful course, I am looking forward to many trips down memory lane on this course, played it with my father many times.

Comment

• friendBOMBER
        friendBOMBER commented
        Editing a comment
        My pleasure! Another great track! I also liked seeing the surrounding views from the course, the beautiful rolling hills with farms fields and old english villages. Very picturesque! I did try to recreate the fields the best I could and put in some of the surrounding houses. I hope they help make the environment more memorable.

Just published Vardon Golf Club, located just NW of Minot, ND! The course got completely flooded a few years back and has made a great recovery. It was amazing look at the google pro images and seeing the entire course under water. Had a lot of fun putting it together. Another great track!

Some more details pulled from their website:

"Vardon Golf Club, located in Minot ND, is one of the finest golf courses open to public play in the upper Midwest. The course has been host to the Western ND Charity Pro-Am, a premiere event on the Dakotas Tour, which has crowned champions that include the likes of Tom Lehman and Steve Jones. Many of the pros have stated the greens at the Vardon are among the best they have played. The quick greens are defended by well-placed bunkers requiring accurate approach shots.

The Club had its beginnings in 1928 when a group of businessmen called a meeting to form a new country club. The organizers called upon Tom Vardon to design the original front nine. Tom, who was a playing professional and club pro in addition to a course architect, finished runner-up in the 1903 British Open, to his brother, Harry Vardon. Harry Vardon was a 6-time winner of the British Open and inventor of the Vardon overlap grip. The original front 9, which opened in 1929, remains the same layout today."

Comment

Hole 13 is messed up from the middle tees. Tee shot puts you on the side of a fairway and you have to play straight through the trees and across 3 fairways to get to the green.
        Originally posted by friendBOMBER View Post
        Just published Vardon Golf Club, located just NW of Minot, ND! ]

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
          Hole 13 is messed up from the middle tees. Tee shot puts you on the side of a fairway and you have to play straight through the trees and across 3 fairways to get to the green.

Yeah, strange thing here. When testing the course, I didn't notice any issues, but when I went back into the designer, I found that I had only one set of tee's on the 13th hole. Hopefully after adding the other tee's the error will be resolved. A new version will be published soon! thanks!

Comment

No problem, let us know when you re-publish and what the new name is.
            Originally posted by friendBOMBER View Post

Yeah, strange thing here. When testing the course, I didn't notice any issues, but when I went back into the designer, I found that I had only one set of tee's on the 13th hole. Hopefully after adding the other tee's the error will be resolved. A new version will be published soon! thanks!

Comment

friendBOMBER wbond I published the file you sent me under Vardon GC has additional tee, I made a few trees bigger, swapped out a few buildings to look a little closer to real life, added a couple of bushes on 17. Played whites, and pins 2 last night. Worked and looked great. Thanks Brandon! Worth every penny.

Comment

• friendBOMBER
                friendBOMBER commented
                Editing a comment
                That's great! Happy to help!

Just published "Golfclub Barbarrosa", located in Mackenbach, Germany. I did build this one by hand with help from Google Maps Pro and lots of pictures that had been taken. Unfortunately, this area of Germany didn't have any Lidar data available. It's a great course and has a unique routing on the back nine with 2 par 4's, 2 par 3's and 5 par 5's! The finish goes par 5, 3, 3, 5, 5! I used the Autumn theme, so perfect course for the Fall season. Really enjoyed working with the tree's in Autumn theme as well! Enjoy!

Comment

• Just published "Sandy Pines Golf Club" located in DeMotte, IN. Really enjoyed this one! The course has a great layout, really loved holes 2 and 7 with it's double green. Enjoy!

"Sandy Pines Golf Club is often overheard by many newcomers and players as being a sporty yet challenging golf course. The course has many impressive characteristics similar to those you would see in the Carolinas. Impressive greens and spectacular drainage coupled with a native Pine Barrens type topography, makes Sandy Pines a fun yet unique golf experience.

The course went through an extraordinary renovation project in 2004, under architect Tim Nugent of Nugent Golf Inc. The layout now features added ponds, bunkers, and bent grass fairways and tees. We believe this layout will challenge any golfer from any skill level.

With many more changes to come, we at Sandy Pines invite you to play a round and see for yourself why we are Northwest Indiana’s best kept golf secret. Remember, when your course is wet, we are dry!"

Comment

• Just wrapped up my outdoor golf season, and, thanks in large part to having my home course designed so well by Brandon for me, my season ended on a high note. I have knocked a whole shot off my handicap index going from 6.7 to 5.7, since starting practicing on my own course on the simulator over the last couple of months. It was so helpful to follow the ball and see how it reacted on landing, gave me some very useful insights that I have been able to use in my real life rounds. Some of the best money I have spent following this golf passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by friendBOMBER View Post
                    Just published "Sandy Pines Golf Club" located in DeMotte, IN. Really enjoyed this one! The course has a great layout, really loved holes 2 and 7 with it's double green. Enjoy!

"Sandy Pines Golf Club is often overheard by many newcomers and players as being a sporty yet challenging golf course. The course has many impressive characteristics similar to those you would see in the Carolinas. Impressive greens and spectacular drainage coupled with a native Pine Barrens type topography, makes Sandy Pines a fun yet unique golf experience.

The course went through an extraordinary renovation project in 2004, under architect Tim Nugent of Nugent Golf Inc. The layout now features added ponds, bunkers, and bent grass fairways and tees. We believe this layout will challenge any golfer from any skill level.

With many more changes to come, we at Sandy Pines invite you to play a round and see for yourself why we are Northwest Indiana’s best kept golf secret. Remember, when your course is wet, we are dry!"

I had Brandon design this course for me, and I could not be more pleased with the outcome. It really is surreal getting to play a simulated version of one's home course. I know some people are concerned about the cost to have a course built, but to me this is equivalent to a membership and I can continue to play it as long as I want for about a 1/3 of the cost of an annual single membership. If anyone is on the fence about hiring Brandon, I encourage you to move forward, he is professional, prompt, and stays in communication during the entire process.

If anyone gets a chance, please play this course. It is a challenging and is meticulously maintained. It has both long and short holes, tight fairways, and requires focus in course management.

Comment

• Just published "Tallwood Country Club" located near Hebron CT! This an absolutely beautiful course! I used the Autumn theme again for this one and really love the way it turned out! Enjoy!

"Tallwood Country Club was started by Mike Ovian in 1970. Mike was given an opportunity to follow his dream by a failed group of investors who halted construction in 1968. With a few holes constructed, Mike took over and restarted construction and opened nine holes in 1971. With the help of friends and the dedication of a strong Men’s Club the dream became a reality. Mike’s brother Karney joined this journey for a successful business venture in 1974 where Tallwood started to develop into and 18 hole championship Country Club. With a strong Men’s Club and Women’s Club, the course has been a success for many years.

In 1982 the Ovians hired John Nowobilski to become their PGA Golf Professional to help catapult the recognition the course deserved. With his valued teaching ability and award winning pro shop, John was one of Tallwood Country Clubs best assets that brings this golf course to the next level. The golf course is maintained and manicured by a top rated grounds crew led by golf course superintendent Larry Barrett. Larry and his staff keep Tallwood C.C. in tournament condition seven days a week.

After 25 years of operation the Ovian brothers decided to retire and give another golfing family a chance to continue the success of Tallwood. The McDermott family purchased Tallwood in 1995 with the same golfing values of the Ovian family – a public golf course with a private feel. With over 25 years of golf course experience the McDermotts of (Twin Hills Country Club of Coventry, CT) started the Championship makeover. With a golf course construction background, the McDermott’s updated the driving range, cart barn and a few tee boxes to make Tallwood Country Club tournament ready. Tallwood has hosted many top amateur and state tournaments that challenge any level of player. The McDermott’s continue to upgrade the course and maintain championship course conditions.

Tallwood has won many awards and accolades but its proudest award is the Walter Lowell Public Course Distinguished Service award. This award shows the dedication to the game and the success over the years."

Comment

• Originally posted by friendBOMBER View Post
                        Just published "Tallwood Country Club" located near Hebron CT! This an absolutely beautiful course! I used the Autumn theme again for this one and really love the way it turned out! Enjoy!

"Tallwood Country Club was started by Mike Ovian in 1970. Mike was given an opportunity to follow his dream by a failed group of investors who halted construction in 1968. With a few holes constructed, Mike took over and restarted construction and opened nine holes in 1971. With the help of friends and the dedication of a strong Men’s Club the dream became a reality. Mike’s brother Karney joined this journey for a successful business venture in 1974 where Tallwood started to develop into and 18 hole championship Country Club. With a strong Men’s Club and Women’s Club, the course has been a success for many years.

In 1982 the Ovians hired John Nowobilski to become their PGA Golf Professional to help catapult the recognition the course deserved. With his valued teaching ability and award winning pro shop, John was one of Tallwood Country Clubs best assets that brings this golf course to the next level. The golf course is maintained and manicured by a top rated grounds crew led by golf course superintendent Larry Barrett. Larry and his staff keep Tallwood C.C. in tournament condition seven days a week.

After 25 years of operation the Ovian brothers decided to retire and give another golfing family a chance to continue the success of Tallwood. The McDermott family purchased Tallwood in 1995 with the same golfing values of the Ovian family – a public golf course with a private feel. With over 25 years of golf course experience the McDermotts of (Twin Hills Country Club of Coventry, CT) started the Championship makeover. With a golf course construction background, the McDermott’s updated the driving range, cart barn and a few tee boxes to make Tallwood Country Club tournament ready. Tallwood has hosted many top amateur and state tournaments that challenge any level of player. The McDermott’s continue to upgrade the course and maintain championship course conditions.

Tallwood has won many awards and accolades but its proudest award is the Walter Lowell Public Course Distinguished Service award. This award shows the dedication to the game and the success over the years."

Looks great! We would love to use it in the Exhibition Matches ( Society on TGC19 )

Comment

• shwag33
                          shwag33 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Try out olde stonewall lidar. Back 9 is pretty interesting.

• Wizard of Coz
                          Wizard of Coz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have stone something scheduled

• mthunt
                          mthunt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          protee max ban wiz

• Bomber, I am trying to design a course via LIDAR. I have created the blank course in TGC 2019 and have saved it. Can you tell me where I can find it? I have scoured the Pro Tee Folder to no avail. I searched for a TGC Folder and there is non. I searched for COURSE to see if I could find that extension and still no luck. Nice work by the way!!!! Your work is great!

Comment

• mthunt
                          mthunt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          users/you/appdata/locallow/hbstudios/Thegolfclub2019protee/courses It's hidden folder. One of them is anyway.

• Gman17
                          Gman17 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You are the man mt!! I would have never thought have looking for hbstudios. THANKS!

• friendBOMBER
                          friendBOMBER commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry, just saw this. Thanks for the help mthunt!
                      Working...
                      X