X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Designer for Hire

Hey guys,

Owning one of these simulators is awesome! Unfortunately, I do not, but I have been designing courses on TGC for a long time now. You may be familiar with my work. I designed Pebble Beach Golf Links, Firestone, TPC at Sawgrass and many others. My gamertag in the other forums is friendBOMER. I have already helped out a couple of ProTee owners by designing their home courses for them. One of those being "Brae Burn Country Club". I first designed the course on TGC1 and then brought the course over to TGC2019. That way they are able to play it on TGC1 until 2019 is released. With each build I will setup a Work in Progress thread where I will post pictures and updates. At the end I can even send you the course file! It will take about a month for the design process, I will also ask for any pictures you can provide, along with as much green details you can give.

I am currently working on remaking my Firestone and have a Work in Progress thread going. Here you can check it out and can see what the process looks like to create an accurate RCR from scratch.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread.../firestone-wip

If you have a home/favorite course you have always wanted designed to be available on your Simulator? Please consider putting me to work for you! PM or email me at bpugh27@gmail.com First come first serve!

TPC at Sawgrass:

Pebble Beach Golf Links:

Hobble Creek GC

The Grizzly

My other Published:

Valhalla GC (TGC2019)
    Pebble Beach Golf Links
    Firestone CC South
    East Lake Golf Club (TGC2019)
    TPC at Sawgrass
    Hobble Creek GC
    The Grizzly
    Brae Burn Country Club

Monument National GC (TGC2019)
    Celebration Golf Club (TGC2019)
    Riverside Golf Club
    Pelikila Golf Club
    Potomac Country Club
    Briarbanks Country Club
    West Fields Golf Club
    Turtle Creek Golf Club
    Palo Verde Golf Club
    Last edited by friendBOMBER; 02-12-2019, 05:06 PM.

• Wildwood was my request - friendBOMBER nailed it. It plays just right. We had some e-mail conversations about tweaks and he way happy to help with those too! I highly recommend his services!

Comment

• friendBOMBER
      friendBOMBER commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! It was my pleasure, great course!

• Just Published "Legend at Merrill Hills" located just west of Milwaukee, WI! This a beautiful course set in the Autumn theme. Really reminded me of Firestone. Give it a go!

Comment

• Published "Woodland Golf Club" located just west of Boston, MA and across the street from Brae Burn that I built about a year ago.

"By 1901 the founders of Woodland constructed the club's first true golf course – a nine-hole layout measuring 2619 yards. By 1907 the club built its first 18-hole course, measuring 5623 yards with nine holes on each side of the railroad tracks. In the 1920s Donald Ross was commissioned to redesign the existing layout.

While Wayne Stiles is the architect of record, there is no question that Ross spent considerable time working on the Woodland remodeling. Ross' contouring, bunkering and routing affected 9 holes. His most important contribution, however, was the course routing, which remained largely unchanged until the early 1960s, and even then was incorporated into the "new Woodland".

In 1960 architect Geoffrey Cornish (noted for his work at The Country Club and Myopia Hunt Club, among others) undertook a massive hole-by-hole redesign of the golf course. "I have been extremely proud over the years to claim that I was associated with the remodeling of Woodland," Cornish noted in 2001, adding that the job was "the first comprehensive remodeling executed in the Boston area" in almost a quarter century.

For the past few years, golf course architect Stephen Kay has assisted in the development and implementation of the golf course master plan. turning the club's 135 acres into a uniquely enjoyable golf course. One hears it over and over: You never get tired of playing Woodland."

Comment

• Damn dude. How long did the train tracks take or did you cut and past them?
        My Courses:
        World Par 3's by mthunt
        Toronto GC (L) mthunt
        Burlington G&CC by mthunt
        Weston G&CC by mthunt
        London Hunt Club L mthunt
        Park CC Lidar mthunt
        Sunningdale GC Robinson L
        Sunningdale GC Thompson L
        Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
        Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
        The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
        The National GC L mthunt
        Mississaugua GC L mthunt
        Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
        Markland Woods CC mthunt
        Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
        Magna GC L mthunt
        Barrie CC L mthunt
        mthunt Range

Comment

• friendBOMBER
          friendBOMBER commented
          Editing a comment
          It took about an hour. I used low brick wall and the retaining wall and just sunk them into the ground. I tried to make a row and copy and past, but since the ground sloped down, it just wasn't working so I had to plant each one individually.

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great. Question, when you sink the wall the yellow surrounds the object making it hard to see. How do you get around that? I struggle with lining them up.

• friendBOMBER
          friendBOMBER commented
          Editing a comment
          good question, I guess I'm constantly moving the camera angle back and forth so I can see what I'm doing.

• I went to play your Woodland GC creation last night, but got distracted by Monument National. It kicked my butt, but I really enjoyed it.

It had to have been glitched on my game though, because it said it was HCP and that it only had 1 play. That can't be right, can it? If for no other reason than only one play (now two) on such a nicely done course. Well, I put in my vote anyway. I'm still guessing my game was just showing it weird and it probably has 1000+ plays. ha ha

Comment

• friendBOMBER
          friendBOMBER commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you play Monument National GC? That's my version of the course. Not sure how many plays it's had on the simulator, I think it's had a couple thousand plays on the PC and console version.

• Shipwreck34
          Shipwreck34 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep. I was searching by creator off of other courses of yours I've have on Favorites to find Woodland, and saw Monument. Like I said, I think it was just a glitch. I'm not sure of how otherwise you can have 1 play and be HCP rated.

Thanks again. You do good work! I'm creating courses myself (nothing noteworthy published yet), and learning from your stuff.

• friendBOMBER Awesome course once again! Kuddo's

We have added it to the exhibition society.

Be careful as there are 2 courses named "Woodland Golf Club" , select the one which is the same as the last picture from the post..
        I hope it's the correct one, as that is the course we are running on the Exhibition society

Comment

• Looks great. Gonna play tonight.

Comment

• Just published "Meadow Lake AcresCC LiDAR" located just north of Jefferson City, MO. This is a fun course with many tee shots asking for a shaped shot around trees. Enjoy!

"The golf course is truly a gem. Blessed with a wonderful layout, the course has 45 white sand bunkers and water comes into play on nine holes. These features along with tree lined fairways, allows the course to present a strong challenge for players of all skill levels. The professional staff maintains and manicures the bent grass greens and Zoysia fairways and tees to the highest standards taking advantage of the property's excellent soil, air movement characteristics, and the dual row irrigation system. The gently rolling terrain allows a majority of our members the opportunity to walk the course. If we had to choose a signature hole it would be the Par 3, Number 6."

Comment

• Cwright
              Cwright commented
              Editing a comment
              The course turned out fantastic! Brandon was absolutely great to deal with and was very responsive and helpful in this process. I can’t recommend him enough. His attention to detail and communication far exceeded my expectations. If you’re looking to have a course designed, he’s your guy. Thanks again Brandon!

• Impressa
              Impressa commented
              Editing a comment
              Played the course today, nice.Thanks

• Just published "Beverly Country Club" located just outside Chicago, IL! This course has recently gone through a major overhaul bringing the course back to it's formal Donald Ross glory days! Enjoy!

"Beverly Country Club is one of Chicago's historical cornerstones. The club was founded in 1908 and initially designed by George O'Neil, also the club's first professional golfer. Shortly after, well-known golf course architect Tom Bendelow helped fortify the layout. In 1918, the legendary architect Donald Ross created and executed a master plan to renovate the course. In 1919, Eddie Loos was serving as the head professional and paired with Jim Barnes to win a memorable match played against Jock Hutchison and Bob MacDonald."

Comment

• Solstice72
              Solstice72 commented
              Editing a comment
              Does this have the new renovations? They're not opening until June.

• friendBOMBER - fantastic work! Really like the 'cut' / stripes in the greens, is that new? Awesome!!! I think I heard about Beverly Country Club on a recent Midwest Golf TV show - as it's in my area (about 1.5 hours away)... Since I cannot play it (unavailable to public), this might be the only chance I have by playing it in Sim.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by friendBOMBER View Post
              Just published "Beverly Country Club" located just outside Chicago, IL! This course has recently gone through a major overhaul bringing the course back to it's formal Donald Ross glory days! Enjoy!

"Beverly Country Club is one of Chicago's historical cornerstones. The club was founded in 1908 and initially designed by George O'Neil, also the club's first professional golfer. Shortly after, well-known golf course architect Tom Bendelow helped fortify the layout. In 1918, the legendary architect Donald Ross created and executed a master plan to renovate the course. In 1919, Eddie Loos was serving as the head professional and paired with Jim Barnes to win a memorable match played against Jock Hutchison and Bob MacDonald."

Thanks again for another amazing looking course!

We have added this course to the ProTee Exhibition society for a full week of fun!

Comment

• LOL, this is from the Beverly CC website. Nice attitudes. They really need to make a Caddyshack II. Wizard of Coz I thought you'd appreciate this Noonan BoyClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200215-072106_Chrome.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	246537 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200215-072014_Chrome.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	246536

Comment

• Good fore Beverly. Kids need more respect for the game.
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  London Hunt Club L mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                  Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                  Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                  Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                  The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

• Solstice72
                    Solstice72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And to get off your lawn?

• "you must fix 500 ball marks..." !!!!

LOL I'd be thrilled if the people at my home course would fix just 18...

Comment

• Just published "Red Reef Park Executive" located in Boca Raton, FL. This is a fun little nine hole course! Great way to practice your irons and short shots! Enjoy!

"The Alan C. Alford Red Reef Family Golf Course is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, north of Palmetto Park Road and south of Spanish River Boulevard, on U.S. Highway A1A (North Ocean Boulevard).

The 9 hole, 1357 yard course provides breathtaking views of the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic ocean and has holes ranging from 64 to 227 yards in length. The course was designed by Charles Ankrom and offers tees, fairways, and greens with Seashore Paspalum grass, which provides bright, vibrant color and superior playing surfaces."

Comment

Working...
                    X