X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Designer for Hire

Hey guys,

Owning one of these simulators is awesome! Unfortunately, I do not, but I have been designing courses on TGC for a long time now. You may be familiar with my work. I designed Pebble Beach Golf Links, Firestone, TPC at Sawgrass and many others. My gamertag in the other forums is friendBOMER. I have already helped out a couple of ProTee owners by designing their home courses for them. One of those being "Brae Burn Country Club". I first designed the course on TGC1 and then brought the course over to TGC2019. That way they are able to play it on TGC1 until 2019 is released. With each build I will setup a Work in Progress thread where I will post pictures and updates. At the end I can even send you the course file! It will take about a month for the design process, I will also ask for any pictures you can provide, along with as much green details you can give.

I am currently working on remaking my Firestone and have a Work in Progress thread going. Here you can check it out and can see what the process looks like to create an accurate RCR from scratch.

http://tgctours.proboards.com/thread.../firestone-wip

If you have a home/favorite course you have always wanted designed to be available on your Simulator? Please consider putting me to work for you! PM or email me at bpugh27@gmail.com First come first serve!

TPC at Sawgrass:

Pebble Beach Golf Links:

Hobble Creek GC

The Grizzly

My other Published:

Valhalla GC (TGC2019)
    Pebble Beach Golf Links
    Firestone CC South
    East Lake Golf Club (TGC2019)
    TPC at Sawgrass
    Hobble Creek GC
    The Grizzly
    Brae Burn Country Club

Monument National GC (TGC2019)
    Celebration Golf Club (TGC2019)
    Riverside Golf Club
    Pelikila Golf Club
    Potomac Country Club
    Briarbanks Country Club
    West Fields Golf Club
    Turtle Creek Golf Club
    Palo Verde Golf Club
    Last edited by friendBOMBER; 02-12-2019, 05:06 PM.

• Originally posted by markd4 View Post
    New here. How does one get a specific course designed? I watched some videos on youtube about using Lidar but I fear that is a bit too complicated for my limited tech abilities. Anyone know how I would get the course Thornapple Point Golf Club in Grand Rapids, MI onto TGC2019, so I can play it on my skytrak?
    Send a DM to the OP and he’ll hook you up. He does great work.
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• Tee one up at "Dark Horse Golf Club", located in Auburn CA! This is a gem of a course! My favorite hole is #4, love the view from the tee!

"Golf Magazine chose Darkhorse as one of its Top 10 You Can Play in America; Golf Digest honored Darkhorse as one of its Best New Affordable Public Courses. The Sacramento Bee voted the club as its No. 1 course to play in the Sacramento area within six months opening.

Since October 2002, Darkhorse Golf Club in Auburn, has raced to the top of the golf world with surprising speed. Award after award has been showered on this course, designed by Keith Foster, on a site that lies in the Sierra Nevada foothills.

The course underwent an extensive renovation in 2019 and is now open to the public."

Comment

• I have had friendBOMBERc reate 2 courses for me the first one Turkey Creek such a great job and once there was Lidar data for Dark Horse I had him do this one and Wow friendBOMBER does such a great job - I've done a few lidar courses in my area but I just do enough to play but friendBOMBER is on a whole different level so worth it having doing the courses for me thanks bro.

Comment

• friendBOMBER
          friendBOMBER commented
          Editing a comment
          You're very welcome Paul! I love recreating these courses and trying to bring the experience of actually being there! Cheers!

• Whiskeyjack
          Whiskeyjack commented
          Editing a comment
          This course look amazing, I'll be trying this today. :-)

• Tee one up at "Rolling Green Country Club" located in Arlington Heights, IL!

"The club was founded on June 24, 1924 when a small group of suburban businessmen from the North Shore (Chicago) took an option on property owned by Dr. Oughton. They created an operation policy under a trust agreement and decided to call their new venture Rolling Green Country Club, which was named for the rolling terrain. In their first official board meeting, dues were set at $80. They also established a $2 guest fee for Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, and $1 for weekdays. By this time, the group had grown to 100 men. It was decided later that membership would be limited to 350.

Dr. Oughton had originally commissioned Donald Ross, a noted golf architect to design the golf course, but later declared the task, “too easy” and took it upon himself to oversee construction and interpret the blueprints."

Comment

• Do you trace your heavy rough carefully to avoid ragged first cut or use another method?
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• friendBOMBER
            friendBOMBER commented
            Editing a comment
            You know. I don't always bother with this one. Can be hard to see and doesn't really take away from the overall beauty of the course.

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            Aces told me today that if you use the banana brush it doesn't make the edges jagged.

• friendBOMBER
            friendBOMBER commented
            Editing a comment
            interesting... I will have to give that a try and see how it turns out. Cheers!

• Tee one up at "Shady Oaks Country Club" located in Sublette, IL. Owned by its members! This course has tricky greens with many tee shots requiring to be shaped around forrest. Enjoy!

"Shady Oaks Country Club is a challenging Public Golf Course that offers a unique and challenging 18-hole layout where accuracy off the tee and accurate approach shots are rewarded. At 6,212 yards from the tips, Shady Oaks doesn’t “appear” to be difficult, but don’t let the yardage fool you. The tight tree lined fairways and small sloped greens can take a toll on even the most patient golfers and make scoring very difficult. Shady Oaks is open to the public and has 4 sets of tees for varying skill levels."

Comment

• ProTee Max
            ProTee Max commented
            Editing a comment
            Amazing! We have added it to the Exhibition society!

Thank you for your amazing work!

• friendBOMBER
            friendBOMBER commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! and thanks for using my courses for your society! Much appreciated!

• Tee one up at "Teal Bend Golf Course" located just outside Sacramento, CA!

"Since its public opening in 1997, Teal Bend Golf Club has become a popular, local destination for the Sacramento golf community. Located adjacent to the Sacramento River, the Club boasts of 250 acres of natural wetlands, native trees, lush fairways and rolling green hills.

Designed by Sacramento native and architect Brad Bell, this 18-hole championship course measures 7,000 yards from its “tips” and is accented by its casual Grill, banquet hall, instructional clinics and tournament facilities. Those looking for a great game of natural golf in Sacramento will not be disappointed. "

Comment

• Tee one up at "Hobble Creek G.C." located in Springville, UT! This is the course I played every day as a kid. I even had my only "hole in one" on #16 when I was 14 yrs old. Can't believe I built this course 5 years ago! I keep checking for Lidar data, but nothing is available. Still very happy with how this one turned out!

I did build this course on my Xbox one account. So if you favorite this course and search by "More by Designer". You will be able to easily find my other courses like "Pebble Beach"!

Last edited by friendBOMBER; 04-25-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• ProTee Max
              ProTee Max commented
              Editing a comment
              Once again, what a beauty!

We have added it to the Exhibition society!

Thank you

• Tee one up at "North Ranch Country Club" located in Westlake Village, CA! This is a beautiful course built where they use to film westerns just north of LA! A great piece of property that plays to some interesting and challenging holes! This is the Valley and Oaks 9's playing as 18. Will be building the Lakes soon and publishing each as its own 9 so different 18 hole rotations can be played.

"Our championship golf course, created in 1976 by Ted Robinson, is comprised of three distinct nines peppered with the community's signature oak trees.

North Ranch Country Club's golf course is known for our pristine conditions to challenge golfers of all skill levels to keep perfecting their swings. Between our Valley, Oaks and Lakes courses North Ranch provides our members with 27 enjoyable holes of golf. Our Club has a rich golfing tradition, and in addition to a welcoming camaraderie, we offer special clinics for women as well as membership into the NRWGA, and weekly Junior Clinics for budding golfers.

Mountain views and impeccable greens offer a relaxing atmosphere for practice or play. Our driving range is always fully stocked with top-quality range balls, and our chipping/putting area and practice bunker give our golfers the opportunity to sharpen their skills."

Comment

• Here is the third nine to North Ranch Country Club. Published under the name "North Ranch (Lakes)". This is a beautiful 9 holes tucked away in a gated community with multi million dollar homes everywhere you look! My favorite hole is #8 par 3 with its multiple tear water falls in front of the green. This is a great course for a quick match or skins game! Enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by friendBOMBER View Post
                Here is the third nine to North Ranch Country Club. Published under the name "North Ranch (Lakes)". This is a beautiful 9 holes tucked away in a gated community with multi million dollar homes everywhere you look! My favorite hole is #8 par 3 with its multiple tear water falls in front of the green. This is a great course for a quick match or skins game! Enjoy!

Thank you once again for this gorgeous course!
                We have added it to the Exhibition society for the upcoming week!

Comment

• friendBOMBER
                  friendBOMBER commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome! It's a cool course!!

• Hi
                could you design my humble little course that I am a member of in the UK?
                Its Haydock Park Golf Club.
                is it possible and at roughly what cost?

Comment

• friendBOMBER
                  friendBOMBER commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yeah, I'll take a look and let you know!

• Tee one up at "Timberstone Golf Course" located in Iron Mountain, MI! Just an amazing track. love the views from the tee's! number 17 and 18 follow the slope of the ski resort, Lidar even pulled in the snowboard half pipe that runs parallel to #17, its behind the trees, but if you spin the camera around you should be able to see it.

"Designed by Jerry Matthews, TimberStone® Golf Course’s architecture magnifies the grace of northern Michigan’s beauty. Fairways nestled between lush foliage, tee boxes with jaw-dropping views and precisely groomed greens, TimberStone® Golf Course at Pine Mountain Resort subtly reminds us how seamless golf and nature can be. Rated the 6th best golf course in Michigan and one of the top golf courses in America in 2019 by Golf Digest Magazine, TimberStone® Golf Course’s 240 acres, amassing 7,000 yards, were forged to fit any skill level of golf connoisseur."

Comment

• ProTee Max
                  ProTee Max commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you again for a gorgeous course!
                  We've added it to the Exhibition society!

Stay safe everyone!

• Tee one up at "Sentry World" located in Stevens Point, WI! This is an absolutely beautiful course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr! The iconic "Flower Hole" #16 is gorgeous! In the video fly overs, Robert tells the rule that if you are caught playing from the flower bed you "it will be the last time you play there"! Enjoy!

"Throughout its 18 holes and 200 acres, SentryWorld offers rolling green fairways, pristine blue waters, impeccable white sands, and a one-of-a-kind course design by Robert Trent Jones, Jr., that encourages creativity and rewards resourcefulness for players of all ages and skill levels. The course incorporates these elements seamlessly, testing golfers while immersing them in striking scenery. Water comes into play on 12 of SentryWorld’s holes, while fairway and greenside bunkers nearly glow against their surroundings, and towering trees guide golfers onward while welcoming wayward shots with open arms."

Comment

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You probably answered to this before but is this the course or is it sentryworld golf club one should use

• For those of you that have the time and would like to plant your own course!

In addition to what I currently do, I now offer a service where I will setup your course using Lidar, and have all 18 holes laid out to my standards. I then can send the course file to you to plant and publish. Since I spend most of my time planting, this will save me time and you money. Just shoot me an email and I will look into your course for you!

bpugh27@gmail.com

Cheers

Brandon

Comment

Working...
                X