Real life golf course with 27 Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real life golf course with 27 Holes

What would be the best way to recreate a real life course that has 27 holes, from what I understand TGC 2019 is limited to 18? It is a Gary Player design that has three 9 hole courses grouped into one, best way I can see to do it would be to build three courses with two of the set of three linked into 18 holes for each one as shown in the attached picture, that way people would be able to choice which two they would like to play, any other ideas?
    Last edited by BGCurtis2nd; 03-19-2019, 03:25 AM. Reason: miss typed

I would guess you would have to make 3 different 18 hole courses to accommodate for all the different variations. So for example if you had 3 nine hole course named red white and blue. You can create 1 18 hole course called red and white, 2nd called red and blue and third called blue and white.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      So far that is the best I have come up with.

• Whiskeyjack
      Whiskeyjack commented
      Editing a comment
      You could just create 3 nine hole courses. Players could just pick which 2 nines to play consecutively, then they could play 27 by playing all 3.
      Also gives the opportunity of just playing 9.

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      Whiskeyjack may just do that pretty big layout but really got some nice graphics in OSM to work with and lots of photos online.

friendBOMBER this should be a fun one 27 hole course, with an 18 hole course right up next to it. Figure I am going to have to do 3 courses to be able to play all 27 with just the two sets of 9 of the persons choice so I might as well do the 18 hole course while I am at it and needless to say lay it out where you can see the courses during play as if in real life.

Comment

• friendBOMBER
      friendBOMBER commented
      Editing a comment
      I would probably setup as an 18 hole course and then make a the other 9 its own course. Basically publishing two courses. When you go an play, does the course have a regular routing for playing 18? I have a course near me that has 27 holes in which they named each of the nine holes: The Woodlands, Lakeside and the Meadows. The usually 18 hole routing is Lakeside to the Woodlands and the Meadows acts as its own 9 holer. But then during tournaments they might mix that up.

• BGCurtis2nd
      BGCurtis2nd commented
      Editing a comment
      I think a lot of it is going to be based on data use, tried to do just the two courses to see what the terrain was to get an idea as to what can be seen from where and it maxed out. On the 27 they just have it broken down into three 9 hole courses, haven't found any suggested order as of yet.
Working...
X