TPC Deere Run (RCR LIDAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPC Deere Run (RCR LIDAR)

Finished up the 1st version of TPC Deere Run in Silvis, IL. Its the home of the John Deere Classic so I'm hoping I can get as much feedback as possible and hopefully we can play this one on the Sim Tour once it gets fired up later this year.

BETA Course Name : Silvis IL Beta 1

Here's some Screenshots:
    Attached Files

You know I'll be there it looks great in these pictures. See that one green with the boats next to it remember that one year someone blew off a ridiculous firecracker from a boat maybe a quarter stick of dynamite or something , Zach Johnson was on the Green and almost crapped his pants on TV. Probably on YouTube I'm going to check now LOL

Comment

Yes, I remember that. Was watching that Live. I think it was on Sunday. Oh and I’ve not set the Lighting yet Solstice so you may hafta chill to Beta 2 for that to be locked in. 😂

Comment

• Solstice72
        Solstice72 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was watching that live too. The Shadows seemed to come straight down already in the pictures! I just look for it now in my sim though I couldn't find the course though. The new word I learned last week was "Subsolar Point". I won't be that much of a pest to bother people with that concept 😁..... Or maybe I'll be like" dude you need to reach the subsolar point with that scene man"

It should be there. Look for Silvis and you should see the Beta 1 version

Comment

bob chung and cooke23, watched Bob's stream. Just compared the HB PGA version to yours on two holes. 16 looks spot on.
        The reason I checked another source was actually Bob's on the approach shot on 18; the trees to the right are not sufficiently daunting in their height or presence. The tree line doesn't feel full enough. Definitely want to look at adjusting that to give it its best Finishing pizazz. So you're a little more trapped/claustrophobic for the pressured final approach.

Sorry pics are from diff heights
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190417-222109_YouTube.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	201488 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190417-221906_YouTube.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	201489

Comment

• cooke23
          cooke23 commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s good catch Solstice. I will definitely look there on 18.

Edit : Just checked the Course FlyOver. HBStudios one looks to be too filled in over there. My version is too thin like you said. I’ll see if I can get the happy medium. There were a number of spots that their version was off so I stopped using it as a guide. I strictly used the Course flyover and would pause at various spots to get the look to be close. The lack of tree variations really made it tough in some areas. I definitely wanna update this hole 18 though. Think I need to make that last tree taller
          Last edited by cooke23; 04-18-2019, 01:04 PM.

Played cooke23 's TPC John Deere Run Golf Course. I enjoyed this course more, because I played here a few years ago and liked it very much.
        The course has same kind of elevation change and overall design is outstanding.
        You need to be able to hit some fade shots on his course, and playing this course helped me get my normal fade shot back.
        Here is the stream

Name:	Screenshot_20190417-212257.png
Views:	596
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	201498

Comment

Name:	5E915375-7AE5-4F52-97F1-2402A8BC7996.png
Views:	641
Size:	722.5 KB
ID:	201517

Comment

Yeah trees a bit taller ,a bit wider looking in the YouTube pic to me anyway.

Comment

I played 18 hole IRL, and that tee shot is really demanding because of the right side tree.
              I pushed my drive little right and hit the tree or was behind it.
              I pitched sideways short of water and hit the green from there.
              The hole plays just like real course, really well done.

Comment

I need to play this before going to the tournament in July

Comment

Really looking foward to playing this cooke23 . Thanks for making this!
                  My courses:
                  Aldeen
                  Butler National
                  Cantigny
                  Canyata
                  Cog Hill #4
                  Harbor Shores
                  Harborside
                  Naperville Country Club
                  Prairie Landing
                  Rich Harvest Farms
                  Ruffled Feathers
                  Shoreacres

Comment

Great job on this course! Was really hoping someone did Deere Run. I live near and play this course a lot. I played your creation last night. It was spot on!

Agree with thicker tree tree line in 18.

your default settings were very fast greens. It played way faster greens than real life. Maybe default to fast or moderate.

Also default terrain to soft.

Also default greens to soft.

This course plays very soft in real life. Balls check and stick on greens.

Thats why pros come and play it with super low scores because they throw darts at pins and stick them.

Great job on course!

Comment

Thanks Mike80 for the suggestions. I've moved the default green speed down to 7.0 from 8.0 so it should play a little slower on BETA 2. I also softened up pretty much everywhere to the softest settings. I've modified hole 18 there after that main tree on the right. Attached are the new #18 pictures.

Comment

• cooke23
                        cooke23 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        BETA 2 is LIVE!!!

BETA 2 Course Name : Silvis IL Beta 2

Looks just fabulous. Man those skies are blue! Balloons high😎.

Comment

Amazing rebuttal to not getting official PGA sanctioned courses. Who cares now. Just wish you could get stadium /crowd's in non society events when playing with buddies at home.

Comment

Working...
                        X