Gonna be laid up for 6 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be laid up for 6 weeks

If you're looking to have your local course built for a decent price, let me know. I'll have nothing but time on my hands

Has to have Lidar available for the course as well!!

How much you charge for course design?

Comment

My body always feels like it’s in the verge of being out of commission, so I feel for you. I hope things go well.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man
        shockingly, it's not golf related. Gotta have some bone spurs removed from my left foot , then in the winter, my right foot.
        good news is no work, bad news is no golf

Approximate cost for a course Amy? This cash going to be turned into beer money? You might start looking like Thor in the latest movie if so.

Comment

Bumping this up to the first page.
        I have 2 courses in the works, if anyone else in interested in having their home course built for TGC2019, just PM me

Comment

Just had my home course completed by JWheels and I could not be happier. He kept me in the loop the whole time, sent me pictures and video of the holes. Gave me the option of paying half to play the front or wait until he was finished to have all 18.

This was the first Lidar course I've played that I have actually played in real life and it plays EXACTLY in sim that it plays in real life. I'm hitting the same clubs into greens, get the same kicks/rolls, putts break the same, etc...

The icing on the cake was Jeff's attention to detail.

Lidar is a game changer and I would highly recoomend having Jeff design your home course(s).

Comment

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Paul, appreciate the kind words and your course is a great addition to the game for sure.

• FaultyClubs
            FaultyClubs commented
            Editing a comment
            Does this course have a name?

couple of photos

Comment

Been getting a bunch of requests for price quotes and to see if lidar is available for people's courses and then not hearing back after looking for lidar and responding back to them....

So...here are the costs

I'll do your basic course with no planting of grasses, bushes, etc.... for $150 . That includes getting the lidar, doing the OSM, building the course file and running everything through Chads tool. Then leveling all tee boxes and smoothing paths out and placing tee sets and pins. Course will play like the real thing without any extras. Probably 10-15 hours of work total depending on how good/bad the OSM mapping is..

$300 for the full course planted as close to realistic as I can get it based on a video flyover, pics, etc.
            if the course has a bunch of streams, houses, or just extra stuff everywhere to plant, that takes a bunch of extra time obviously than just building the course quick and releasing it.

I just spent north of 30 hours on Paul's Course above following the flyover videos as close as I could. I used every bit of the planting meter and ran out after the last house went in on Hole 18.

figured I'd throw the prices out there so everyone knows going in what they're looking at.
            thanks

Jeff

Comment

Awesome Jeff, thanks for letting us know... you definitely have a passion for building these out, the photos show you do a great job with them too.

Comment

Couple of pics of one of my current course builds. Real course and TGC 2019 version....

credit to my son for the photoshop work

​​​​​​

Comment

Wow, pretty nice recreation. TGC should use this photo for promotional purposes. There is one local course that I would like to have done. We may have to talk. $150 seems more than fair. I could do the planting.

Comment

Finally had my surgery and have time to build some courses. If anyone needs their locals done, PM me.

Jeff

Comment

I can and will vouch for Jeff's work. He's just about finished a course for me and it's excellent. Just do it - you won't regret it.

Comment

Few pics of last 2 finished courses
                        Blackstone National

And Triggs Memorial

Comment

Working...
                        X