Importing OSM file into Chad's tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing OSM file into Chad's tool

I've not been able to find the correct EPSG code for a course I'm doing in the Green Bay, WI area (Village Green Golf Course). I've read all the threads and tried every code for the state of WI with no luck. As an alternative, I exported data from OSM and manually uploaded it into Chad's tool using the "Make flat course from OSM data" option. It gets me closer, but the fairways, greens, bunkers, etc... are all off by 10+ feet. You can pick the exact lat/lon coordinates when you export from OSM, so if I knew the exact coordinates of the LiDAR square I selected in Chad's tool I would think I could get it to line up. Has anyone had success with this approach?

I am currently building a course in Japan for which I only have Digital Elevation Model data and when converting this to LiDAR, I selected the projection to be Longitude and Lattitude coordinates rather than an ESPG code (since I couldn't find any EPSG code for Japan). When I run this data on Chad's tool, I am getting the message below. It seems to be trying a couple of EPSG codes although I am not quite sure where they are coming from. You can see then it is shifting to a projection based on geographic coordinates.

Processing: Lake Tsuburada - classified.las
    EPSG is not map projection, skipping: 4326
    Could not find metadata for Lake Tsuburada - classified.las.
    File is likely in Geographic Coordinates (Lat/Lon Degrees). You probably want to find alternate files, but we will try to project this for you.
    For center coordinates: (36.1575833, 139.1527222):
    Overwriting projection with EPSG:32654
    Unit in use is 1.0
    Proj4 : pyproj.Proj('+units=m +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 ', preserve_units=True)
    Warning: Data has different projection, re-projecting coordinates. This may take some time.
    Generating lidar intensity image
    No lidar intensity found, using elevation instead
    Adding golf features to lidar data
    OpenStreetMap Overpass query: (node(36.150199692110164,139.14273481698984,36.164 9667933277,139.16270590066497);way(36.150199692110 164,139.14273481698984,36.1649667933277,139.162705 90066497);out;
    Mapquest Image URL Request: https://open.mapquestapi.com/staticm...size=1500,1421

The data that I am starting with is only elevation data and not true point cloud with trees and other vegetation classified and doesn't have intensity values, but it seems to work out alright for me. If you cannot find the right EPSG code to get it to work, I wonder if you are able to force it to use a longitude and latitude projection rather than EPSG codes??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Tsuburada.JPG
Views:	642
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	253887

Japan
    Tochigigaoka Golf Club
    Konosu Country Club (L)
    Olympic Country Club R&H
    Olympic Country Club F&R
    Olympic Country Club H&F
    Olympic National East (L)
    Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
    Shonan Seaside CC

US
    Torrey Pines North Course - L
    Torrey Pines South Course - L
    Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY
    Montauk Downs - LiDAR - NY
    Golf Club Fossil Creek L - TX
    The Tribute (LiDAR) - TX
    Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - FL
    RB GC & Resort v2 (L) - TX
    River Creek Park Golf Club (L) - TX

Others:
    Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

Originally posted by Fairburn View Post
      I've not been able to find the correct EPSG code for a course I'm doing in the Green Bay, WI area (Village Green Golf Course). I've read all the threads and tried every code for the state of WI with no luck. As an alternative, I exported data from OSM and manually uploaded it into Chad's tool using the "Make flat course from OSM data" option. It gets me closer, but the fairways, greens, bunkers, etc... are all off by 10+ feet. You can pick the exact lat/lon coordinates when you export from OSM, so if I knew the exact coordinates of the LiDAR square I selected in Chad's tool I would think I could get it to line up. Has anyone had success with this approach?

If using a OMS flat file how would you know it’s off? Off compared to what? It’s just a flat file. Are you trying to lay OSM over lidar? You’re better off finding the right code.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

I merged it with the LiDAR. I can see the raised area for the tee box on hole #1 but the tee box from the OSM data is off by quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
        X