Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Monovision (GROSS) and @Joe_S (NET) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Rocket Mortgage Classic!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - John Deere Classic with 2 rounds at Banff Springs (Pro Tee): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-deere-classic
See more
See less

Lidar with no EPSG code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidar with no EPSG code

So lets say that some lidar data was collected and they used a state plane projection in feet, and the only code associated with it is an ESRI code. Does that mean i'm outta luck?

Sometimes they get the units wrong too, it’s worth taking a look around.

I can also write one off versions of the tool for these rare situations, unfortunately that eats up a lot of time for me and it will seem very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadGolf View Post

I can also write one off versions of the tool for these rare situations, unfortunately that eats up a lot of time for me and it will seem very expensive.
      everything in the metadata numbers wise lines up with the state plane projection, which has an ESRI number of 102629. that's the only one that matches. is it possible that there is no epsg code for some lidar data? when i plug in that code in the tool and run it, it says it can't load the lidar files and report the error. they are no different than any other lidar file i have used in the past. What do you mean when you say they get the units wrong? what units exactly?

Comment

also, how accurate is Open Topography in terms of the into they have on their site? I ask because they have an EPSG code for this location, and when i search spatial reference for the code, it says it doesn't exist. It claims that the lidar i am using is in WGS84 Web Mercator, which i do not see anywhere in the metadata provided with the lidar.
        Last edited by golfer38; 06-02-2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

You should try the following since your provider made up a projection. Alabama officially uses meters but this lidar is in feet.

Download an older version of the tool version 0.3.0 and see if it works if you use 2759 for ESPG for Alabama East.

https://github.com/chadrockey/TGC-Designer-Tools

then try entering 0.3048006096012192 into force lidar unit. No promises the older tools still work.

Comment

You should try the following since your provider made up a projection. Alabama officially uses meters but this lidar is in feet.

Download an older version of the tool version 0.3.0 and see if it works if you use 2759 for ESPG for Alabama East.

https://github.com/chadrockey/TGC-Designer-Tools

then try entering 0.3048006096012192 into force lidar unit. No promises the older tools still work.
            thanks for that, i will give it a try!

Comment

Originally posted by golfer38 View Post

thanks for that, i will give it a try!
              It worked! did you figure out in the metadata that it was in feet? if so, can you show me where to look for future reference? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X