Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @graham camm (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - Sony Open in Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - The American Express playing 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer)thursday - 6487y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...erican-express
See more
See less

Course file compatibility between Steam and Skytrak TGC2019 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course file compatibility between Steam and Skytrak TGC2019 version

I am having problems getting a course design I'm working on in the Steam PC version of TGC2019 Designer, and my Skytrak simulator version, so I can play the course on my simulator. This is a LIDAR course initially created using Chad's great tool. I had two reasons I switched to the Steam version: 1) I use a different computer in my garage with my Skytrak device, and 2) I couldn't get Chad's tool to load the course I saved from the Skytrak version. That was my first red flag that the .course file format was not compatible between the two version of TGC2019.

Now I'm trying to take a draft of the course design from my laptop (Steam version) and import it into my Skytrak version. The Designer in the Skytrak version doesn't list the file that I put in the same directory as a new course file saved from the Skytrak version. So there definitely compatibility issues.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, is there any way around this? The only other solution I can think of is to work on Chad's code (I am a Python programmer) and try to get it to support both file formats.

Just complete your course and publish it in the Steam version and it will be cross-compatible for every version (sim, PC and console). You don't need to import it to the sim version for publishing.
    My Courses:

Japan Courses:
    Konosu Country Club (L)
    Olympic Country Club R&H
    Olympic Country Club F&R
    Olympic Country Club H&F
    Olympic National East (L)
    Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
    Shonan Seaside CC (LiDAR)

US Courses:
    Golf Club Fossil Creek L - Dallas, TX
    The Tribute (LiDAR) - The Colony, TX
    Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - Boca Raton, FL
    RB GC & Resort v2 (L) - Runaway Bay, TX
    River Creek Park Golf Club (L) - Burkburnett, TX

Other Courses:
    Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

I've done this successfully. I've copied work-in-progress course files from a separate Steam TGC2019 computer to the Skytrack and TGC2019 ProTee computer. Perhaps you're copying into the wrong directory of the Skytrack computer.

These are my directories:

Steam computer: C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019\Courses
      Skytrak/ProTee computer: C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_\The Golf Club 2019 Protee\Courses

What I do in the simulator/skytrak TGC2019 is start a local match, change course, select more filters, scroll down and select 'unpublished courses', and the course for the file I just copied appears right there where I can load it and play it.

I think I've also gone into the designer of the simulator/skytrak TGC2019 and opened the couse for edition, where you can play starting from a given hole, except it doesn't keep score.

I do python programming too, btw. Welcome to the club. I've looked into Chad's source code, but I've found it takes more than knowing python to fully understand it -- there's the Geographic Information Systems science to learn about; I understand only a fraction of that.
      Last edited by s0707; 01-08-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

tpozzy , 2 options.

1. Publish in Steam as stated above, then just search for it on your TGC 2019 sim version. Then favorite it.

2. Go into you sim TGC 2019 and make a new blank course. Then close out tgc and go into the tgc 2019 course folder and rename the course you just created exactly the same as the course in your Steam version. Then copy your Steam version and paste it into your sim tgc course folder. Since the file name is the same it will ask you if you want to replace it. Click yes. Now open the sim tgc game and it is there.
        Last edited by jpotas; 01-09-2021, 01:51 PM.
        My published Courses, all on Sim software, all Lidar:

Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
        Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
        Boyne Moor Lidar
        BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
        CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
        Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
        Marco Island CC Lidar3
        Wilow Metropark Lidar5
        Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Comment

• tpozzy
          tpozzy commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried renaming the file a different way. I am going to try again with these exact steps.

I have tried everything mentioned so far, with no luck. I have copied the .course file I saved in the Steam version into the correct folder in the Skytrak version, and the Designer doesn't see it. I know it's the correct folder, because it is where the courses get saved if I create them in the sim version.

I published my course in the Steam version. It's called "Claremont GC Lidar Rev 1". I can search for it and play it in the Steam version, but I can't see it in my Skytrak version. Can one of you with both versions please see if you can find it in either or both versions? It's a nine-hole course.

I also took a .course file from a course that saved in the Skytrak version and the Steam version doesn't see it when it's in the right folder.

Any other ideas from others in this forum?

Comment

• jpotas
          jpotas commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you create a blank course in the sim version and then replace that file with the copied steam file? You have to create a blank new course first, name it exactly the same as the steam course, and then replace it.

Could it be file ownership/permissions?

Comment

• s0707
          s0707 commented
          Editing a comment
          You may have different UUIDs (or whatever they're called, the globally unique id's for users) in each machine. I distinctly remember not being able to open a course in the designer on a second computer because I didn't have write-privilege there.

• tpozzy
          tpozzy commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a great point. For a test, I'm going to put my Skytrak back on the laptop I have with Steam TGC on it. Of course, the license may be invalid now, so I'm not sure if that's going to work. Another option is to install the Steam version on the computer in my garage. I'll report back shortly.

• s0707
          s0707 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think if you just modify permissions to your course file to give "full control" to "everyone", that should be enough. The 'Administrator' account on your skytrak computer will have write privilege and you should be able to load it in the tgc19 course editor.

Originally posted by tpozzy View Post
        I have tried everything mentioned so far, with no luck. I have copied the .course file I saved in the Steam version into the correct folder in the Skytrak version, and the Designer doesn't see it. I know it's the correct folder, because it is where the courses get saved if I create them in the sim version.

I published my course in the Steam version. It's called "Claremont GC Lidar Rev 1". I can search for it and play it in the Steam version, but I can't see it in my Skytrak version. Can one of you with both versions please see if you can find it in either or both versions? It's a nine-hole course.

I also took a .course file from a course that saved in the Skytrak version and the Steam version doesn't see it when it's in the right folder.

Any other ideas from others in this forum?
        I can see your course on the sim version now.
        My Courses:

Japan Courses:
        Konosu Country Club (L)
        Olympic Country Club R&H
        Olympic Country Club F&R
        Olympic Country Club H&F
        Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba

US Courses:

Other Courses:

Comment

• tpozzy
          tpozzy commented
          Editing a comment
          This is so frustrating! I just loaded TGC with my Skytrak. I searched all courses by name for "Claremont" and the only course that shows is "Claremont Pines", an 18-hold layout.

Is this course in Oregon

Comment

• tpozzy
          tpozzy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is. Near Portland.

Below is what I see on the Sim version and on the Steam version (there are actually two pages for Claremont on Steam).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Claremont Steam version.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	310690Click image for larger version

Name:	Claremont Sim version.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	310691
        My Courses:

Japan Courses:
        Konosu Country Club (L)
        Olympic Country Club R&H
        Olympic Country Club F&R
        Olympic Country Club H&F
        Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba

US Courses:

Other Courses:

Comment

After some additional testing based on the above posts, jpotas helped me figure out that I didn't in fact have TGC2019 for my Skytrak sim version. I bought the software from skytrak.com in June last year, and I didn't realize I had purchased the old version right before they released the TGC2019 version. To upgrade, I had to shell out either $479 for an annual subscription, or $575 for a one-time upgrade. Since I couldn't get an answer on if or when Skytrak will upgrade to 2K21, I decided to just get the annual subscription for now.

So now I can open my .course files and see the published designs on my simulator! Thanks for the help, and sorry for being so slow figuring out the compatibility problem was my fault not noticing the difference in versions. Of course, it would have been nice if the app was smart enough to given me an error message about incompatible versions...

Comment

Working...
          X