Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

1st design ready to publish - Can I publish, but return to further design later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st design ready to publish - Can I publish, but return to further design later?

I used Chad's tool and did a lidar/OSM design. My first. Used designer for trees, prairie grass, water, etc. I've played it several times in designer and all working well. Its playable and good resemblance. Certainly not going to win any awards. I'm ready to publish and get some sim time on it with a friend. When I went to publish, it notes that I will no longer be able to edit design. I realize it freezes the published version. Does this mean once published, I can't go back to where I left off on "unpublished" version to continue (designing) editing?

Yes publish this 1st as a test or beta version and label it as such. Say ABC golf club beta 1. Then test play on sim. U can then make changes needed and republish final version with name you want.

your unpublished copy will still be editable but u need to republish under a new name as detailed above

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for quick reply.

Comment

You can also play test your course in your simulator tgc2019 without having to publish it first.

If you designed your course in the same simulator tgc 2019 program, all you have to do is select "Change Course" when starting a local match, then select Search, scroll down a bit and select Unpublished Courses; your course should show in the list.

If you designed it in the Steam version of tgc2019, then you need to copy the course file to the appropriate directory of the simulator tgc2019 (C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_\The Golf Course 2019 ProTee\Courses), and then it'll be available as mentioned above. You'll find the Steam version of the course file (whether coming from the same computer or a different computer) normally in C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019\Courses.

Make sure you have selected in File Explorer's Folder and Search Options to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" to make sure you can see some of those subdirectories.

Enjoy!

EDIT: slight correction, after selecting "Change Course", click on "More Filters", scroll down a bit and select "My Unpublished Courses". That will show the list of courses in the C:\User\...\Courses directory.
        Last edited by s0707; 02-20-2021, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Brettster
          Brettster commented
          Editing a comment
          That's cool - being able to play test in the Sim without publishing will save developers a lot of time (going back/forth) that's for sure!

Yes, I recently learned about play-testing an unpublished course and it is awesome. It is so different from only playtesting in the game mode and can give you a much better feel for things like firmness and speed of the greens, fairway, and can also help you identify some problem areas (e.g., oops, there should be OB there) that you might not notice when hitting straight down the middle of the fairway every time using the controller.

Also, this gives you an opportunity to play the course without feeling the need to rush to get it published.
        Japan
        Tochigigaoka Golf Club
        Konosu Country Club (L)
        Olympic Country Club R&H
        Olympic Country Club F&R
        Olympic Country Club H&F
        Olympic National East (L)
        Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
        Shonan Seaside CC

US
        Torrey Pines North Course - L
        Torrey Pines South Course - L
        Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY
        Montauk Downs - LiDAR - NY
        Golf Club Fossil Creek L - TX
        The Tribute (LiDAR) - TX
        Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - FL
        RB GC & Resort v2 (L) - TX
        River Creek Park Golf Club (L) - TX

Others:
        Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

Thanks for this info!

Comment

Explicit instructions for anyone futures Googling this:

After publishing your course it will move from "Unpublished Courses" to a new "Published Courses" section.

From the "Published Courses" section you can "Edit" your published course which creates a new .course file and, once saved, is available in the "Unpublished Courses" section again. From there it's the same process to publish.

Repeat ad nauseam (or hopefully not! )
            TGC2019 Published Courses:

Newport National GC v2
            U of Maryland UMD v2

Comment

Originally posted by GullLakeMi View Post
              I used Chad's tool and did a lidar/OSM design. My first. Used designer for trees, prairie grass, water, etc. I've played it several times in designer and all working well. Its playable and good resemblance. Certainly not going to win any awards. I'm ready to publish and get some sim time on it with a friend. When I went to publish, it notes that I will no longer be able to edit design. I realize it freezes the published version. Does this mean once published, I can't go back to where I left off on "unpublished" version to continue (designing) editing?
              You can play created courses with your friends locally without publishing. When selecting a course to play there's an option for unpublished.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt RCR
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt RCR
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt RCR
              Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
              London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
              Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR