Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motherboard fried - Can I restore unpublished courses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard fried - Can I restore unpublished courses?

Here's a question for the gurus! The Motherboad on my pc died and I had 5-6 unpublished courses. I'm going to extract the hard drive from the old pc. Is there a way to restore those courses? I'm devastated after having spent GOD KNOWS HOW MANY HOURS working on the courses.
    --
    What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

There is no reason to think the data on the hard drive is damaged as long as the drive is working properly. The course files are actually quite small and easy to back up.

Comment

• mikemcd22
      mikemcd22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Any idea of the directory or if they are separate directories? And do I just copy them into the new directory of the same name?

Bumping this.. Can anyone specify the directories in which course files are located? Thanks in advance.
    --

Comment

You haven't done your part in searching recent discussions... It's been discussed recently...

From a recent post:

If designed in simulator copy of tgc2019:
      C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_\The Golf Course 2019 ProTee\Courses

If designed in steam's version of tgc2019:
      C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019\Courses

Important:
      Make sure you have selected in File Explorer's Folder and Search Options to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" to ensure you can see some of those normally-hidden subdirectories

Comment

Originally posted by s0707 View Post
        You haven't done your part in searching recent discussions... It's been discussed recently...

From a recent post:

If designed in simulator copy of tgc2019:
        C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\HB Studios Multimedia Ltd_\The Golf Course 2019 ProTee\Courses

If designed in steam's version of tgc2019:
        C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\LocalLow\2K\The Golf Club 2019\Courses

Important:
        Make sure you have selected in File Explorer's Folder and Search Options to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" to ensure you can see some of those normally-hidden subdirectories
        Thanks for that. As for not having done my part, with all due respect, I am a long term member of this forum and have done more than my part to help others when and if I can. My search did not turn those posts up and I found nothing about lost unpublished courses (and you didn't include the link so I still don't see them). Just the same, I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I will attempt to locate those directories.

"Search Results: 0 result in 0.0136 seconds."

--

Comment

• s0707
          s0707 commented
          Editing a comment
          I apologize if the answer came out snarky. I didn't mean to. I just explained in a poor way that you weren't getting any answers probably because the answer was kind of obvious from recent posts.

Search functionality results depends a lot on search terms. If you search for "lost files" it might be harder to get good results; You might get better results searching for "course file location". I think we're used to google going above and beyond in interpreting what we truly meaning to search for. In any case, reading recent posts would be the next logical step.

I couldn't find a way to link the specific post of the previous discussion, but it's the one about play testing before publishing. To find other discussions about it search for the term "c:\users" and select only the "tgc2019 course design only" option.

No Worries... Thanks for the thorough explanation. Appreciate your help.
        --

Comment

Working...
        X