Data from real golf course architect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data from real golf course architect

I just purchased TGC2019 for sim and am getting acquainted with the course designer, following all the instructional videos and Chad's tools. My interest initially at least is in building some of the courses not on TGC that are in the group of clubs I'm a member at. Looking for Lidar data on my home course, I noticed that the most recent Lidar data is from before the course was renovated two years ago.

My question is, I have met the actual course architect and have his contact info. Is it worth reaching out to him for post-reno data? Would he likely have some sort of model that could be useable and if so, what should I ask for? Obvious .las files would be ideal, I'm just curious if there is something else he may more likely have that would be easy to convert to this file type.

You can ask him and see if he has anything that he would be willing to share with you. He might not have LiDAR for the completed course or might not be willing to or able to share it with you. How big of a renovation was it? Just bunkers moved around or was it a complete renovation? If the former, you might just build with the LiDAR that you have and sculpt any changes or updates by hand as best as you can. I have one of my main courses that went through a major renovation 2 years ago and there is no elevation data nor an update yet for the course on OSM or Google Maps so I am going to have to put that project on hold.
    Japan
    Tochigigaoka Golf Club
    Konosu Country Club (L)
    Olympic Country Club R&H
    Olympic Country Club F&R
    Olympic Country Club H&F
    Olympic National East (L)
    Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
    Shonan Seaside CC

US
    Torrey Pines North Course - L
    Torrey Pines South Course - L
    Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY
    Montauk Downs - LiDAR - NY
    Golf Club Fossil Creek L - TX
    The Tribute (LiDAR) - TX
    Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - FL
    RB GC & Resort v2 (L) - TX
    River Creek Park Golf Club (L) - TX

Others:
    Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

It wasn't a total blow up but it also wasn't minor. All the green complexes where essentially completely changed and 3 of them relocated. Probably deleted/added/relocated around 20 bunkers and did a lot of tree work. As I started typing this, realizing it was probably more major that I thought, lol. The only thing that by and large stuck around was the routing.

Comment

Working...
      X