Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi Plant & Area Delete

Hello all,

Does anyone feel like multiplanting of trees is random and unpredictable? I feel like when I click on multiplant and click left/right or up/down it never is consistent on whats going to happen. Anyone else feel that way? I'm talking about TGC19 on Steam.

I feel like there's not an effective way to plant a large number of trees in a specific shape on TGC19, which I think is accurate given they updated spline planting in TGC21.

Also, I cannot figure out how to delete large areas, am I alone there? I guess my question is why are some trees removed with removing auto generated trees and brushing over it, and some stay and need to be deleted 1 by 1?
    My Published Course:
    Green Harbor (L) - MA, Marshfield, MA
    Stow Acres North (L) - MA, Stow MA

If you get a programmable mouse you can single plant very quickly, better than using the multiplant feature. Plus your object meter barely moves, something that multiplanting affects heavily.
    My published Courses, all Lidar:

My Early Courses:
    Boyne Arthur Hills Lidar2
    Boyne Donald Ross LidarV2
    Boyne Moor Lidar
    BoyneHeather5T Lidar V2
    CalderoneFarmsLidar5T2Pin
    Lake Erie Metro Lidar3
    Marco Island CC Lidar3
    Willow Metropark Lidar5
    Wyandotte Shore Lidar2

Later Courses:
    Fraserglen Golf Course, British Columbia
    Meadowbrook Northville (L)
    The Glen (Illinois) Lidar
    Deer Park Estate GC, Scotland
    Green Craig Point GC, Scotland
    Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN
    Ottumwa Country Club
    And Many More...

Comment

You are not alone. I've struggled deleting trees as well. I've done the multi-select for trees I planted individually. You can also break up a cluster for trees mass planted to allow individual changes. Occasionally when other objects are present, it can be difficult to select a specific tree to delete.

I chalk it up to being part of the design capabilities charm!

Comment

For trees you or Chad's tool have planted (i.e. non-auto-generated trees), you can delete more than one at a time with multi-select: a) highlight a tree; b) choose multi-select; c) go to area select (bottom choice), and then enlarge the circle (with an Xbox controller you enlarge/shrink it with left/right); d) apply the area delete -- whatever is within the red circle will be deleted.

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. I knew about the multi select detete, but I couldn't figure out why some were auto generated and some were individual select trees...now i get it. Auto Generated is within the game, and the others are either chads tool or my own planting. Thanks for the help s0707
          My Published Course:
          Green Harbor (L) - MA, Marshfield, MA
          Stow Acres North (L) - MA, Stow MA

Comment

Working...
          X