Phoenix Lidar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Lidar

Hi all...I'm looking to design Blackstone golf course in Peoria area. Any help finding the LAS files would be much appreciated. No luck so far, but i'm fairly new at this.

very interested if you do design it. Great course!! Definitely looking forward to trying it out if you do find the files you need.

Comment

I found lidar data for Blackstone Country Club at Vistancia, AZ here.

- Link to the file: https://data.cyverse.org/dav-anon/ip...1214_SW_12.laz
      - EPSG for ChadsTool is 26912 (UTM 12)

However, running the lidar file through ChadsTool did work for the first part, but did not run all the way through. It terminated with the following message:

.........Sorry, this lidar data is not classified and I can't support it right now. Ask for help on the forum or your lidar provider if they have a classified version.
      Classification is where they determine which points are the ground and which are trees, buildings, etc. I can't make a nice looking course without clean input.........

Maybe some of the lidar experts can help, as I don't know how to get the data classified.
      Last edited by kgcrob; 12-15-2021, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• jpotas
        jpotas commented
        Editing a comment
        You are pretty much out of luck unless you can find someone to classify the Lidar for you. As a side note, the lidar is probably old because from what the support desk at the USGS told me, all Lidar from I think 2013 and up requires ground classification.

• kgcrob
        kgcrob commented
        Editing a comment
        The data are 2017, but ....... just found on their web page ........ :

"To be clear, this is a photo-interpreted point cloud. Although it is the same data format (.laz) as LiDAR it is not actually LiDAR and is not a classified product in the same way as traditional LiDAR.
        Example of how this data can be used: create DSM and difference against the 2015 DEM to get a rough height-above-ground product"..........

So we probably need a GIS expert :-(

• jpotas
        jpotas commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, way over my head!!!

Way over my head, too!

My last hope would be sirish19, as he mentioned in one of the posts, that he might be able to convert DEM files.

There is a DEM file of 2017, UTM 12:

Comment

Did anyone ever find an answer to the Blackstone question? Would be a great course to play.

I know they are developing like crazy around the course with a ton of housing so maybe the LIDAR becomes available someday sooner than later.

Comment

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-area-tutorial have you tried this?
          Lidar Courses:
          Belmont CC Lidar
          Virginia National Lidar
          Creighton Farms Lidar
          Westpark Va Lidar

Fictional Simulator Courses:
          Ile aux cinq phares
          Conifer Woods v2
          Rodgers Woods v2
          Greenwood Golf Course Sim
          Desert Valley Golf Sim
          Nine Lakes