Who created Paradise Canyon GC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who created Paradise Canyon GC?

Paradise Canyon is one of the best courses in Alberta. It was on my short list of course to create if and when I ever get the time. It's my brother's home course and I play there about 3 or 4 times a year. Whoever did this course did a great job. Was it done with Lidar? Most of the holes are bang on. Some of the greens are different than IRL. Not the shape but the slope. Overall.... hats off to the designer. This will help me close the gap on my brother as he usually beats me. To the designer..... Can you add the other tees? Is this complete or still a work in progress? If you are done...… I would help make the greens more accurate if you are not interested. Not sure how that would work.... how would you give me access to the course? I have played it about 30 times, so I could even help with the tree planting.

Thumbs up on this course. There are a few in Alberta that I would love to see on TGC 2019

i haven't found any good lidar in alberta yet....if you play it on the sim you'll have to set the wind to high to get the real experience .lol...crazy wind at that place ,

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      I usually go out with my brother in one of the first 3 groups or so.. The wind picks up in the afternoon. I conceded through the course and found it to be very accurate. There are some cool holes..... that's for sure. Number 18 is missing the dog leg left.... I think. Anyone who has golfed there IRL needs to play this one.

Where r u located? I usually play at Beaver Dam, Carstairs, Glen Eagles, Tooth of the dog and Crossfield. I really would like to play Beaver Dam on the sim. A couple of reachable par 4's but they are punishing if you miss. Nobody ever goes for it with a $5 ball.

Comment

im in calgary...carstairs was the first course i broke 80 on( 30-35 yrs ago) so it will always have a place in my heart.i snapped my Achilles , so im just getting back to walking normal again..hopefully by end of summer ill be able to play again...til then the sim lets me play..poorly..but keeps me sane

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Airdrie here

• thorin33
        thorin33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice to see some Alberta folks on here. I'm from Calgary myself. I was hoping to find some LIDAR for D'arcy Ranch and Sirocco as those are a few of my favourite local courses.

Love D'arcy ranch. Haven't played Sirocco. Paradise canyon in Lethbridge is top notch.

Comment

• ulmaniac
        ulmaniac commented
        Editing a comment
        sirocco is great...i couldnt believe the scores when the canadian tour rolled through there years ago...its tough...but those boys are good

Try this out guys I live in Grande Prairie and this link has my area https://canadiangis.com/free-canada-lidar-data.php
      My Courses:

DGWCBETA1 (L)
      Shack's Window Co. Beta1 (L)
      Quarry Golf Club V2 (L)
      Metamora Fields V1 (L)
      Metamora Fields Par 3 (L)
      University Ridge V1 (L)
      Stonewall_North_gCool/B33 (L)
      Stonewall_Old_gCool/B33 (L)
      Green Hill G.C. V2(L)
      The Bear Forest CC V2 (L)
      Perkins & Friends V1 (L)
      Bellewood CC V1(L)
      Stonewall North Par 3 (L)
      Stonewall Old Par 3 (L)
      The Ranch V1 (L)
      Shenandoah BlueRed V1 (L)

Comment

I am from Lethbridge. I will have to play Paradise Canyon. It is a nice course for sure. Would love to see Desert Bloom in Medicine Hat on the sim. One of my favourites for sure in Southern Alberta.

Comment

Working...
        X