Cypress Point (Beta 1) up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cypress Point (Beta 1) up

I just published a Cypress Point LIDAR beta version.

Title: Cypress Point (Beta 1)

The Course was incredibly hard to build due to the sand/brush areas. I just tested it out and was fun but this is not the final version. Let me know what you guys think and I’m open to feedback.

I didn't play it and I have no familiarity with this course. But it looks phenomenal the color scheme and the work you've done as far as I see it and and its replication of the original.

I wouldn't change the color or the lighting. On 18 I was puzzled by that drive set up. And I ended up looking up on YouTube to verify the 18th and that seems a little bit off.

I think they're supposed to be a drivable area that run straight up to the green. That drivable area at right now you have another Fairway from another hole colliding with it? And instead there is a force carry over trees to get reach the Fairway?

here's some pictures where the Fairway is to the left of those trees that looks like you've placed as a carry just shoot over to the Fairway. Again I don't know this course at all and I may not know what I'm talking about at all
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190524-010652_YouTube.jpg
Views:	878
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	207282 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190524-010757_YouTube.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	207281

Comment

18th at cypress is a tough tee shot you need to fit into that area then have a tough uphill. Here are a couple screen grabs if real course. Your finishing hole. The par 3 over the ocean is epic! 220 or some crazy distance or you can bail out way left. Can’t imagine how cool that shot IRl would be with ocean breeze blowing hitting into the green.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Solstice72
        Solstice72 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's an excellent visual but that's not what's taking place on the 18th hole. Am I Wrong did you play it in this version? There is no opening to land setting up for the approach on the incline. Instead the Fairway is blocked off by the tree line entirely and you have to carry that tree line to get to the Fairway. At least that's what I saw.

• Stingreye
        Stingreye commented
        Editing a comment
        I will have to check it on my sim computer later. I don’t think it’s on Steam version. That tee shot is very challenging you are either fighting trees left or trees right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E13D09C5-6B62-490C-896C-A03D4C2724B3.jpeg
Views:	672
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	207317

Thats the tee shot view into that fairway...... brutal!

I will take a look in game later.

here is where I got the pic and some descriptions of it.
      Oops, looks like the page is lost. Start your website on the cheap.

Comment

Comparing pictures/videos with the game version there are lots of differences. How many really matter I couldn't say having never played the course IRL. Looks like a massive undertaking to do well. I would like to see less duplication in objects (trees, rocks etc) and patterns in planting. I didn't play all the holes but the ones I did were a lot of fun. Different standard doing an iconic course compared to local ones. We need more of these top courses!

Comment

I hear you guys. Massive undertaking to do Cypress. This is a first run. I’ll try to improve on it in the future. I’ve been running out of objects which makes it more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
            Comparing pictures/videos with the game version there are lots of differences. How many really matter I couldn't say having never played the course IRL. Looks like a massive undertaking to do well. I would like to see less duplication in objects (trees, rocks etc) and patterns in planting. I didn't play all the holes but the ones I did were a lot of fun. Different standard doing an iconic course compared to local ones. We need more of these top courses!
            I worked on this for 2 weeks before putting it up. I agree on the duplication but I wanted to get a baseline finished first and then go from there. Thanks for the input.

Comment

This course looks great. Well done. A few things:

-The brown ring around the tee box is because you haven't added heavy rough
              -I don't like the contrasting second cut around the fairways. It stands out too much but it's only my opinion and I'd change the colour.
              -I like the look of the heavy rough brush around the fairways. I'd add it if I was you but you need to be careful; overlapping the rough makes the second cut wavy. You need to trace really close.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post
                This course looks great. Well done. A few things:

-The brown ring around the tee box is because you haven't added heavy rough
                -I don't like the contrasting second cut around the fairways. It stands out too much but it's only my opinion and I'd change the colour.
                -I like the look of the heavy rough brush around the fairways. I'd add it if I was you but you need to be careful; overlapping the rough makes the second cut wavy. You need to trace really close.
                Thanks for the advice. I’ll try to improve the course in the future.

Comment

just a note its been made by a designer in TGC 2019 game not called Cypress point its called Psypress Point Monterey CA (L)

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/inde...42096.html#new

Click image for larger version  Name:	L2j2fTL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	209031

Click image for larger version  Name:	H1Ufsuw.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	209032

Click image for larger version  Name:	Cc4VuKG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.5 KB ID:	209033
                  Last edited by Yeltzman; 06-06-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• FaultyClubs
                    FaultyClubs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I played the "finaltease" version a couple days ago. Extremely well done IMHO. Could almost smell the sea breeze!

Ahecht version has a different look and lots of potential too. There's room for both given the HB designer trade-offs that have to be made on a course like this.

Awesome seeing world class courses being done to a high level with Lidar.
                    Last edited by FaultyClubs; 06-06-2019, 09:40 PM.

Well howdy do... Thanks both of you

Comment

An "incredibly hard course to build" that has all of 2 weeks of work into it. Not here to hate, but if you are trying to learn designing in a way that's more than taking some OSM work, plopping down some plants and brush and stuff, then just be prepared - courses take a lot longer than 2 weeks if you want to do the best job possible. I'd also encourage you to carry the full build process to completion rather than make a "base" then publish beta1, then add some stuff and make beta2, etc. IMO some of the best lessons in TGC design are gained as a result of self-learning from making a complete effort in building an entire course (planting, fixing poor texture edges and transitions, all of it), getting feedback, then moving on to another course and using that feedback to improve upon your skills. Just 2cents of advice, fwiw. I fully recognize it's a different environment over here on the sim side vs those of us who aren't fortunate enough to have sims and merely play the game, so I'll just keep it positive and genuinely encourage you to learn as much as you can about designing, allow yourself time to practice things as you learn, and in the end if you tackle an iconic course like this one before others have had the time to bring their projects to completion, then it'll be a better overall final product for all of us - sim players and us "regulars" (lol) alike!

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                      Jwheels9876 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Beta are crucial for sim players. You may be able to get away with a bad pin or something in a video game but it will be unplayable on the sim. Also, if they let us just delete an old build when s new one is finished, there wouldn't be 100k courses out there. But then what would they try to sell to Joe Public? Ok physics and a half assed online system? Those remarks directed toward HB studios of course who released the game with the issues

You know I looked at both first 5 holes. They were elevation wise synonymous as one would expect. Both inviting. I thought I would see a giant difference in the adornments of Psypress. No, not giant, and it would come down to player preference at least for which one they prefer. If one is a little bit more accurate I couldn't tell I couldn't find enough pictures to compare. 1st tee shot made you carry trees in Psypress whereas, not in Cypress Beta.

I would say there are occasions that the adornment was preferential in the less experience designer ( Cypress beta) but I don't know if it was an accurate representation. For instance the first Par 3, has an impressive Sand Hill like I've never seen before with grasses with in it and it looks really cool. Lighting and color selection I feel are critical features for simulators and I prefer Cypress BETA for now.

Psypress suffers again from the PC Manufacturing problem in that the light scheme. It is maxed out at like 9:30 a.m. even if you pick Noonday settings. I railed against that before. It pops much better on Cypress. So the topography is this good and it's this pretty and it's basically accurate, that's going to be the one I'm playing.

​​​​​​ for a two-week effort I would say that I'm Amazed.
                    however it's languished at beta for far too long and that is an agreeable concern.
                    What's going on there.

​​​​​​
                    ​​​​

Comment

I put out a Beta Version #2. I think it’s much better than the first version. I took advice of multiple posters. One issue I’ve expericed is running out of resources. I’ve deleted as much of the unnecessary items as possible. I probably won’t make any major changes from here and honestly I could work on this course forever.

Let me know if you guys find any important gameplay flaws and I will fix those before calling it the final version.

Comment

Another Designer From main game has released another version of Cypress point and as you can see from picture it is stunning.(lidar made as well)
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	ec997674-0f56-49b2-b72b-6d6d9ce207fe_Thumbnail.png Views:	0 Size:	562.0 KB ID:	210361

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                          Jwheels9876 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Maybe another forum topic is in order instead of bringing it to this guys build ?
                      Working...
                      X