Rich Harvest Farms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Harvest Farms

Rich Harvest Farms is a private golf course and country club near Sugar Grove, Illinois, about 50 miles (80 km) west of downtown Chicago. Built in 1989 and expanded in 1999. Ranked number 94 on Golf Digest's best golf courses.

Published under Rich Harvest Farms Beta. Feedback appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f0b3b0f402ccd33ed40e53bceaeca174.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	209839

Name:	Rich 4.png
Views:	1152
Size:	992.1 KB
ID:	209840 Click image for larger version

Name:	0522b4fcc568e711058e0a0da87c7b88.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	209841

Name:	Rich5.png
Views:	1118
Size:	974.4 KB
ID:	209842 Click image for larger version

Name:	faf51a604dd5b9b80c90c5ef19683a80.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	209843

Name:	Rich 9.png
Views:	1120
Size:	948.4 KB
ID:	209844 Click image for larger version

Name:	2407dae5c223076c3a0638749bc5a844.jpg
Views:	1138
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	209845

Name:	Rich 16.png
Views:	1139
Size:	947.0 KB
ID:	209846 Click image for larger version

Name:	f0b3b0f402ccd33ed40e53bceaeca174.jpg
Views:	1129
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	209847
    Attached Files
    My courses:
    Aldeen
    Butler National
    Cantigny
    Canyata
    Cog Hill #4
    Harbor Shores
    Harborside
    Naperville Country Club
    Prairie Landing
    Rich Harvest Farms
    Ruffled Feathers
    Shoreacres

It's so weird I was just 36 hours ago looking at this course on the Golf Digest list. I know nothing about it. It's definitely private?

Comment

Yeah it's some small exclusive club built by a multimillionaire who really loved golf. Decided to go with this course since high probability I will never set foot on it and seemed to have a lot of cool design features to it.

I hit the max items to decorate the course so need to edit trees and be more selective with the grass placement. Also need to make sure it still runs smoothly on people's computers.
      My courses:
      Aldeen
      Butler National
      Cantigny
      Canyata
      Cog Hill #4
      Harbor Shores
      Harborside
      Naperville Country Club
      Prairie Landing
      Rich Harvest Farms
      Ruffled Feathers
      Shoreacres

Comment

Nice I'll give this a try. The course has had some big events; The Solheim Cup and NCAA championships. The owner made is money in the stock market. It must be nice to have enough money to design and build your own golf course.
        My Lidar Courses
        - Foxford Hills Golf Club - Lidar
        - Eagle Ridge - The General
        - Cary Country Club - Lidar
        - Grand Geneva - The Brute

Comment

Nice! This was going to be on my list if I could ever finish my first course I started (Blackberry Oaks). I have been fortunate enough to have played Rich Harvest 4 times. It is a fantastic (albeit a bit quirky) course. World class as far as conditions/upkeep. I will definitely check it out when I get a chance.

Jerry Rich the owner is an NIU graduate, so it is also the home course for the NIU Huskies golf team. He has one of the top car collections in the world which are also housed on property and you can tour the collection before or after your round.

Comment

• Jtangm04
            Jtangm04 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is awesome you have golf there a few times. Looking forward to seeing if I did the course any justice. There were a few website blogs that documented their time there so tried to decorate the holes from the pictures they took.

I’m an NIU grad and somehow that hasn’t worked to get me on the course
          My Lidar Courses

Comment

I also have had the privilege to play Rich Harvest a number of times. My insurance agent is a member there and always seems to bring me out to play when it's close to premium renewal time... lol. I will give this a play as soon as I can and send you some feedback.

Comment

If anyone is interested in walking the course, the Western Junior Am is there this week. Free admission.

Comment

I'm finishing up my basement sim in the Chicagoland area and I've been doing some research on TGC2019 looking for local Chicago courses. You guys seem to be familiar with the area. Are there many Chicago public courses in TGC or creators that put out Chicagoland courses? I find a lot of fun playing with my buddies for courses that we can actually play locally.
                On JNPG, they randomly had Orchard Valley and Phillips Park.

Comment

• Jtangm04
                  Jtangm04 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did cantigny. Lakeside/Woodside as the 18 and hillside as a 9. TBH hillside was a subpar effort by me, but the 18 plays pretty close to real life.

I also did Butler national. Never been there but feedback was positive. There are a few warts here and there that I might go back and make a version 2 especially as my familiarity with the course designer has improved.

• Solstice72
                  Solstice72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Chicago Golf Club and Stonewall Orchard are Chicago land key courses too

• Jtangm04
                  Jtangm04 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was starting osm on Chicago golf club but didn't peak my interest as much as other courses. Since it is a links style it might be a quick design. Might eventually get back to it due to its long history.

I haven't seen a lot of local public courses, but there are a few local private courses in TGC 2019. Itasca Country Club (my home course), Butler National, Chicago Golf Club. Doing a brief search I found Cantigny and Prairie Landing. There's a great list of Lidar and real course recreations here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...v8I/edit#gid=0

Comment

I'm doing The General at Eagle Ridge, it's in beta 2 and just waiting for a few more rounds before I publish the final. You can find it under The General - ER(beta2)
                  I'm also doing an easy/cheap track by my house, Cary Country Club. I'm done with 16 holes and should be done within a week.
                  My Lidar Courses

Comment

Finalized Rich Harvest Farms.

Labeled as Rich Harvest Farms Ldr IL

4 pin positions
                    Adjusted and increased the green speed to match the feel of ProTee society matches.
                    Moved pin positions with the increased green speed to make them more fair.
                    Smoothed out the edges of the lakes
                    Moved some trees around
                    My courses:
                    Aldeen
                    Butler National
                    Cantigny
                    Canyata
                    Cog Hill #4
                    Harbor Shores
                    Harborside
                    Naperville Country Club
                    Prairie Landing
                    Rich Harvest Farms
                    Ruffled Feathers
                    Shoreacres

Comment

I played Rich Harvest Farms, 2 months ago, looks great. Keep up the great work. Once my sim is set up, this will be one of the first courses I play.

Comment

• Jtangm04
                        Jtangm04 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great to hear. Feel free to give me feedback on if there are things that need to be changed.

“No Results Found”

Has this course been removed?

Comment

• Jtangm04
                        Jtangm04 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't believe so.

I have it scheduled to be played in wizard of Coz Noonan society.

Comment

• Jtangm04
                        Jtangm04 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Honored that you chose it and Butler National. When Butler comes up I would actually increase the green speed from the default setting. My settings were a little too slow in retrospect.
                    Working...
                    X