Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @beau lester (NET) and @Marc Andre (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - The Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC 2019 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at TPC @ Boston (Pro Tee) : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

Lincoln Park San Francisco LIDAR completed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln Park San Francisco LIDAR completed

I just published Lincoln Park LIDAR.

It is a final version.

its a small muni in San Francisco near Sea Cliff. It has a famous par 3 that has an amazing view of the Golden Gate (no I couldn’t recreate that). They also hold qualifying rounds for the Sam Francisco Championship every year.

Its an an enjoyable sim experience.

Let me know now what you guys think.

Thank you!!! Definitely looking forward to trying this one out soon. I lived in SF for about 6 years and played this course countless times when I started golfing. It's a very challenging course and underestimated in terms of its rating IMO. Those par 3s are LONG.

Comment

I noticed you've designed quite a few California (Bay Area) courses - thank you for that!!!!

Any chance you are planning to create any of the following?
      • Pasatiempo
      • Harding
      • Wente
      • Cinnabar

Comment

I played through only 12 holes so far of Lincoln Park Lidar because I played Pebble Beach beforehand. I'll try and finish the round tomorrow.

First, I will say thank you so much for creating this course - absolutely love it and will be playing it many times!!! It was so nostalgic and really felt like I was playing there. I will definitely make another trip soon to SF to play it again soon. My game is pretty different now than it was when I was first learning and hacking away at Lincoln. That's what I tell myself at least!

Some feedback:
        • Overall, course was great and seemed very accurate in terms of topography (is this just a given with LIDAR?). Distance-wise, some of the holes felt shorter than I remembered (but I also hit it much farther / consistently than when I used to play there regularly).
        • Hole 1: Loved it - with that row of bushes on the left. So awesome. Does the game have the option for denser / squarer hedges? Minor detail. Distance felt accurate. That green with the steepness along the front and back was spot-on.
        • Hole 2: Blue tees seemed a bit more forward compared to RL than I remember. I hit driver and came very close to making the green. Green seemed to be less slanted back to front in RL.
        • Hole 3: I recall there being more trees lined along the righthand side. The tree that blocks the green on the lefthand side I believe is shorter in RL.
        • Hole 4: Blue tees seemed more forward than I remember. I hit a 250yard total distance drive that cleared that entire dip / trough area.
        • Hole 5: This damn hole played just like it does in RL - hit the middle of the FW and your ball is sure to end up down on the left hand side in the rough due to the severe R to L slope of the FW. I will have to see over time if I can get a ball to stay on the right of the FW by hitting a cut.
        • Hole 6: Again, blue tees played a bit more forward (which can happen in RL) - but I'll always remember this hole with the blues all the way back so you have to really cut it L to R around that dog leg while avoiding those trees
        • Hole 7: Loved the row of houses! It's too bad you can't put in an extra tall fence like in RL. Nice touch w/ the huge rainbow haha. Just like in RL - if you carry that hill, your drive is going to just keep rolling down the other side of the hill. Awesome.
        • Hole 8: Really nice. That big bail-out FW area to the right of the hole threw me off a bit, but I guess they just never really maintained it very well when I used to play there!
        • Hole 9: That righthand side really does become a pain in the ass if you hit it over to the right.
        • Hole 10: Felt a little short, but loved it - especially hitting back up into that elevated green.
        • Hole 11: Again, felt a little short, but maybe it's just because I hit it longer now. I hit a 2H straight and sailed it into the rough past the FW before it bends left.
        • Hole 12: Seemed spot-on.
        Can't wait to play the rest...

Comment

Originally posted by caldiver View Post
          I played through only 12 holes so far of Lincoln Park Lidar because I played Pebble Beach beforehand. I'll try and finish the round tomorrow.

First, I will say thank you so much for creating this course - absolutely love it and will be playing it many times!!! It was so nostalgic and really felt like I was playing there. I will definitely make another trip soon to SF to play it again soon. My game is pretty different now than it was when I was first learning and hacking away at Lincoln. That's what I tell myself at least!

Some feedback:
          • Overall, course was great and seemed very accurate in terms of topography (is this just a given with LIDAR?). Distance-wise, some of the holes felt shorter than I remembered (but I also hit it much farther / consistently than when I used to play there regularly).
          • Hole 1: Loved it - with that row of bushes on the left. So awesome. Does the game have the option for denser / squarer hedges? Minor detail. Distance felt accurate. That green with the steepness along the front and back was spot-on.
          • Hole 2: Blue tees seemed a bit more forward compared to RL than I remember. I hit driver and came very close to making the green. Green seemed to be less slanted back to front in RL.
          • Hole 3: I recall there being more trees lined along the righthand side. The tree that blocks the green on the lefthand side I believe is shorter in RL.
          • Hole 4: Blue tees seemed more forward than I remember. I hit a 250yard total distance drive that cleared that entire dip / trough area.
          • Hole 5: This damn hole played just like it does in RL - hit the middle of the FW and your ball is sure to end up down on the left hand side in the rough due to the severe R to L slope of the FW. I will have to see over time if I can get a ball to stay on the right of the FW by hitting a cut.
          • Hole 6: Again, blue tees played a bit more forward (which can happen in RL) - but I'll always remember this hole with the blues all the way back so you have to really cut it L to R around that dog leg while avoiding those trees
          • Hole 7: Loved the row of houses! It's too bad you can't put in an extra tall fence like in RL. Nice touch w/ the huge rainbow haha. Just like in RL - if you carry that hill, your drive is going to just keep rolling down the other side of the hill. Awesome.
          • Hole 8: Really nice. That big bail-out FW area to the right of the hole threw me off a bit, but I guess they just never really maintained it very well when I used to play there!
          • Hole 9: That righthand side really does become a pain in the ass if you hit it over to the right.
          • Hole 10: Felt a little short, but loved it - especially hitting back up into that elevated green.
          • Hole 11: Again, felt a little short, but maybe it's just because I hit it longer now. I hit a 2H straight and sailed it into the rough past the FW before it bends left.
          • Hole 12: Seemed spot-on.
          Can't wait to play the rest...
          Thanks for the feedback. I think the distances are correct. The variability is wind, rollout, and the fact San Francisco in real life plays shorter than anywhere else in the country (in my view). I already have the conditions as soft as possible but the real deal can’t be recreated. I got through qualifying there in the open division of the SF City last year and every ball for the field was plugging.

Im from and still live in Marin so I build courses I typically play at this point. I just published a final version of Stonetree so you should check that out.

Again, thanks for the feedback and I’d like to hear what you think about the rest of the course when you finish.

Comment

Very true in that the wind and roll-out are almost always a big factor. Have definitely played "winter rules" there many times due to those plugged balls in the middle of the fairway.

I finally got around to finishing the remaining holes and absolutely loved them. I quickly favorited the course and will be playing many times in the future.

• Hole 13: That tree in front and to the right of the green was very nicely placed. I suppose it wasn't possible to place a tree similar to the tall monterey cypress(?) in the right middle of the fairway before that hump.
            • Hole 14: The elevation shift through the middle of the fairway seemed a bit too steady consistent vs. real life where the first section of the fairway is totally flat - then the uphill bend from right to left is a sharper / steeper slope than what is represented on the sim version. The approach shot from the FW looked and felt accurate.
            • Hole 15: Loved the feel and look of this hole - felt very accurate to real life.
            • Hole 16: Loved the feel and look of this hole - felt very accurate to real life.
            • Hole 17: Loved this one as well - the sloped fairway from right to left looked perfect. The road also really made it feel like the real thing.
            • Hole 18: Overall, looked great. Although I missed the 2(?) trees on the right-hand side of the fairway which can play a factor if you're along the right.
            Seriously, thanks so much for taking the time to recreate this course. I am really looking forward to your other designs of Bay Area courses. I've never played Stonetree - will check that out!

Cheers.
            Last edited by caldiver; 07-04-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X