Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIP - The Pebble Beach of the UK - Thurlestone Golf Club (LIDAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP - The Pebble Beach of the UK - Thurlestone Golf Club (LIDAR)

Thurlestone has been described by the legendary British commentator Peter Alliss as the UK's equivalent of Pebble Beach.

I was fortunate enough to be able to play this course about a month ago on a trip down to Devon and it didn't disappoint with some breathtaking views.

Hopefully I can do it justice.

Here is an overview after the LIDAR import with just a bit of work on the coastline

And here is the 1st hole that is in progress at the moment

Andy

Very nice! can't wait to play it.

Comment

I am a newbie. Can someone tell me what Lidor is?

Comment

Sorry Lidar

Comment

It stands for Light Detection And Ranging and is a method of obtaining accurate elevation data by bouncing lasers from an aeroplane onto the ground and interpreting the returned signals.

In terms of TGC then a member from this forum ChadGolf has made a program that allows the importing of LIDAR data into the game designer so that the course layout and elevations will be all very accurate. This allows real course recreations to be made without spending hours and hours trying to manually sculpt the terrain to match the real life course.

Andy

Comment

Looks awesome. Given your past work, I'm sure it's going be a great track.
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

Awesome, excited about this.

Comment

Awesome. Nice job. Its been a few years since I played it but remember the holes and they were just like it. My Cousins house on 18 fairway needs the color changed though. Lol. Hers is the big pink one.

Comment

Originally posted by pwade3 View Post
                  Awesome. Nice job. Its been a few years since I played it but remember the holes and they were just like it. My Cousins house on 18 fairway needs the color changed though. Lol. Hers is the big pink one.
                  It would be great if you could change the colours of the houses in the designer but unfortunately one of its many limitations is that you can't and you are also limited in the types and styles of houses you can choose too so that part of the course will be as close as possible but it won't be a direct copy unfortunately.

Andy

Comment

• pwade3
                    pwade3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya, just having some fun. Great job on the course though. Well done.
                Working...
                X