Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions !

Join this weeks TGC1 2019 FALL TOUR - Mayakoba Golf Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Stadium Scottsdale ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...a-golf-classic
See more
See less

Braeside - Lidar - Rockford, Michigan (Permanantly Closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braeside - Lidar - Rockford, Michigan (Permanantly Closed)

This may be turning into a habit but I've preserved a bit of nostalgia (for me and a few buddies anyway) a middle of the road golf course in Rockford, Mi.(i've also resurrected Michigan courses Yarrow and Grand Rapids Golf White 9. Pilgrim's Run is my one course that's still opened!)

Braeside opened in 1981 and was closed in 2015. Never a great course but a good one...fun layout and greens were always decent. Was always a good value and a place we'd go pretty often because of that. $25 all you could play on Mondays...can't beat that.

The lidar data should be good except for holes 16-18. Construction had already started on a subdivision so some earth was moved. I reproduced the elevations from memory but think it's close enough. Should play pretty well on the simulator. Let me know if you give it a go. As always input is appreciated. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	braeside 12.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	225019

I always love seeing Michigan courses added. Especially Yarrow, i never got a chance to play that one IRL before it closed. Another member at TGC posted a few more MI courses recently as well.

Comment

Awesome. Thornapple creek golf course was a beautiful piece of property just north of kalamazoo. It closed too.

I miss yarrow but thanks to you it's still alive and well.

Comment

Nice!! Michigan courses are awesome. Can’t wait to try out some of the “resurrected” courses.
        -KillaCale8

Comment

I grew up playing this course. I can't wait to try it out this weekend. Thanks!

Comment

• Topcat
            Topcat commented
            Editing a comment
            You’re welcome! Let me know how it compares to your memories of the course.

Topcat - you're saying Pilgrim's Run is on TGC???? I'm about to start building my indoor sim setup and will buy Skytrak and TGC19. I live down on the south side of GR.

Comment

Yes it’s on TGC2019. Here’s a link to my previous post along with a few screen shots. It’s a Lidar version and elevations seem spot on.
            I've just published Pilgrim's Run, a personal favorite, about 30 minutes north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'm happy with the result and the accuracy of the elevations but would appreciate your feedback. This course is in the middle of nowhere with every hole islolated...no houses at all. It is a unique and fun layout. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X