Canyata IL LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canyata IL LDR

When you hurt your back, it gives you more time to recreate courses!

Named Canyata IL LDR
    Black 7180
    Blue 6549
    White 5909
    Green 5043
    Red 2717

I have to give thanks to whoever did the original Canyata TGC 2019. He/She did an incredible job laying out OSM groundwork and actually saved me a lot of heartache. OSM for Canyata used 2 different satellite cameras with the most zoomed in view being incorrect. I actually started "fixing" everything only to realized a few holes in using Chad's Lidar program that the previous markings were the right ones.

A lot of designed elements on this one. I maxed about my object bar and had to edit a lot of things down. Would have liked to have added more fescue and trees, but the course still came out really nice.

Canyata is located in middle of nowhere Western Illinois. It's closer to Indianapolis than Chicago.
    Ranked #62 in Golf Digest.
    On average only 150 rounds are played on this course annually.

From Canyata's website:
    What was intended to be a three-hole golf course on a section of a family farm has grown into one of the most talked-about and celebrated private golf courses in the United States….Canyata Golf Club.

Just outside the quintessential American farm town of Marshall, Ill., Canyata (pronounced can-YAY-tuh) is a 7,200-yard stunner molded from the rugged and rolling farmland of east central Illinois by golf course architect Michael Benkusky. Named the No. 2 Best New Private Course in the United States in 2005 by Golf Digest magazine (January 2006 issue), Canyata is definitely a very special place.

Originally Mr. Forsythe wanted to build only three golf holes (a par 3, par 4 and par 5) designed for the recreational use of his family and friends. But it didn’t take long for him and course architect Benkusky (who worked as the lead project designer for Bob Lohmann) to see that this lush farmland was hiding a gem of a golf course. A spectacular nine-hole course opened in fall 2001, with the additional nine completed in fall 2004.

Click image for larger version  Name:	hole1.png Views:	0 Size:	962.5 KB ID:	225484 Click image for larger version  Name:	hole2.png Views:	0 Size:	975.4 KB ID:	225485 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole3.png Views:	0 Size:	951.9 KB ID:	225486
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole5.png Views:	0 Size:	978.0 KB ID:	225487 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole7.png Views:	0 Size:	996.0 KB ID:	225488 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole9.png Views:	0 Size:	1,011.9 KB ID:	225489 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole10.png Views:	0 Size:	926.1 KB ID:	225490 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole12.png Views:	0 Size:	954.1 KB ID:	225491 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole15.png Views:	0 Size:	985.8 KB ID:	225492 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole16.png Views:	0 Size:	969.3 KB ID:	225493 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole18.png Views:	0 Size:	948.3 KB ID:	225494
    My courses:
    Aldeen
    Butler National
    Cantigny
    Canyata
    Cog Hill #4
    Harbor Shores
    Harborside
    Naperville Country Club
    Prairie Landing
    Rich Harvest Farms
    Ruffled Feathers
    Shoreacres

This is a sweet ride. A top 10 sim course, I like it better than Dubsdread and Prairie Landing. This might be your best. The course, the lighting and colors, all sing the minute it's turned on.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for creating this awesome course!
      We have added it to the Exhibition Society to be played between 18-22 november

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Comment

Great to hear. For the course, the green tees are the lady tees so would choose white or blue for the exhibition.
        My courses:
        Aldeen
        Butler National
        Cantigny
        Canyata
        Cog Hill #4
        Harbor Shores
        Harborside
        Naperville Country Club
        Prairie Landing
        Rich Harvest Farms
        Ruffled Feathers
        Shoreacres

Comment

Don’t worry. I’m sure they’ll be set to red

Comment

That's the only way I can break par
            My courses:
            Aldeen
            Butler National
            Cantigny
            Canyata
            Cog Hill #4
            Harbor Shores
            Harborside
            Naperville Country Club
            Prairie Landing
            Rich Harvest Farms
            Ruffled Feathers
            Shoreacres

Comment

EskimoQuinn Played it and really enjoyed it!! Loved watching Eskimo try and cover the water on 4 lol!

Comment

• Jtangm04
                Jtangm04 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Did Eskimo do a BobChung recording of it?
                Hole4 from the back tee is really tough to clear the water. I think the carry is something like 240 yrds with the second shot 230yrds up a hill.
                The real bombers of the group can try and cut the dog leg but the carry gets close to 260-270.

18:40 mark

Comment

Working...
              X