Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triggs Memorial GC ............Providence , RI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggs Memorial GC ............Providence , RI.

This one is what I consider my "home" course. Located 5 minutes from my door in Providence RI, it was designed by Donald Ross in 1930 and I don't think much has really changed except for the neighborhood surrounding the property. It's nestled in between a college campus, a residential neighborhood, a high school and a few businesses on all sides.

Like alot of Ross courses here in New England, it has a bunch of Fescue and the greens can be tricky. Couple of long par 4 holes start the round out and the par 5's are all gettable but you have to be in good position off the tee and on the approach or even these short 5's can turn into bogey or worse.

My favorite holes are the par 3 14th and the par 4 16th. 16 gives you a small window between some trees to try to go for the green at about 290 or play it safe at about 220 down the middle and have a clear 100 yards in. Can't remeber the last time I went with the latter

Wanted to get this one out there to play later this winter so hopefully you guys give it a go and let me know of any issues that pop up.

Sweet - will definitely give this a spin - some other RI gems that need to be made - Wannamoisett Metacomet RICC!

Comment

Originally posted by Pgmcl View Post
      Sweet - will definitely give this a spin - some other RI gems that need to be made - Wannamoisett Metacomet RICC!
      Maybe I'll bang out Metacomet. Played it for the 1st time this past summer and enjoyed everything except the greens that I think were rolling about 13 lol...
      closest I've come to Wannamoisett is my sister in laws wedding.

I built Meadowbrook also of you're familiar with that course, it's probably my favorite bang for the buck in RI

Jeff

Comment

• Brad5663
        Brad5663 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jeff

Did you ever end up making Metacomet (or Wannamoisett)? I moved to GA from RI and was a member there for 10 years. Love that course (also liked Wanny a lot too). My Skytrak is on backorder and doesn't come in for 3 weeks so my TGC 2019 purchase is still about 3-4 weeks away (I play my buddy's simulator all the time with TGC 2019, so not a novice BUT I can't check the list for a few weeks). Curious because I played Triggs on TGC and you nailed it. Thanks.

• Jwheels9876
        Jwheels9876 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I have made Meadow Brook, Triggs, Melody Hills, Lake Of Isles and I'm going to finish up Richmond soon
        I think I may have done the OSM work on Metacomet and maybe even wannamoiset but never got around to making them. I played Metacomet last summer and wasn't a huge fan honestly

• Brad5663
        Brad5663 commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, thanks anyway.

The Wiz is on deck. Had this one 3/4 way finished from months ago so got it done in a few hours yesterday.

Comment

Metacomet is a fun track - Should be interesting designing 11 - have to scatter 1000 yellow range balls on the fairway.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, I couldn't believe it when I got to that hole. There were people just firing range balls into the fairway. What a ridiculous set up.

Is this done with Lidar?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes... forgot to put in the name

Comment

New Year’s Day match at Triggs - 13 green absolutely sinister. Guys in the group debating harshness of slope - two of us think its spot on - one thinks its too harsh - of course he four putted. Finally enjoyed playing all 18 - very well done. This is on our winter outdoor circuit when the weather is tolerable. Personally like the 60 degree climate controlled garage! Great track.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            13 green is sinister IRL so I'm rolling with you guys who think it was spot on lol.

Updated course a little bit. Uploaded Triggs RI 2021 (Lidar)

16 Tee box

Comment

Did Metacomet ever get completed?

Comment

Working...
            X