Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @orkie (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - WGC-FedEx St. Jude!

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - PGA Championship Tournament with 3 rounds at Pine Valley (Protee Blue Tees): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...hip#post281617
See more
See less

New LiDAR course, River Creek Park Golf Club, Wichita Falls, TX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New LiDAR course, River Creek Park Golf Club, Wichita Falls, TX

    Hi All,

    I have just completed a new LiDAR course, River Creek Park Golf Club (L), which is located near Wichita Falls, TX. It is a fairly easy course with no sand and not much water and only a few trees. Nothing spectacular, just a typical country course in North Texas that I created upon request from a friend. Please give it a play if you have a chance.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	RCP1.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	280970 Click image for larger version

Name:	RCP3.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	280971 Click image for larger version

Name:	RCP4.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	280972 Click image for larger version

Name:	RCP16.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	280973 Click image for larger version

Name:	RCP18.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	280974

  • #2
    No water or bunkers? I'm there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JoseM81 View Post
      No water or bunkers? I'm there.
      Haha, well, there is one body of water (I suppose that is the "River Creek") that comes into play on two holes. There are also two other water hazards but they don't really come into play (although oddly I have seen balls in them both).

      Comment


      • #4
        Really enjoyed this course. Might have to make the trip from DFW to play it for real sometime!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ThreePutt17 View Post
          Really enjoyed this course. Might have to make the trip from DFW to play it for real sometime!
          Great, I am glad that you enjoyed it. I have played out there IRL once and I would NOT recommend driving out to Burkburnett from DFW just to play this course. If you happen to be stuck in Wichita Falls and really want to play some golf...maybe, but don't make a trip just for that, haha.

          if you play a lot around DFW, then you might enjoy the course I am working on which is The Golf Club at Fossil Creek. I play out there almost every time I get back to the US/DFW area. The LiDAR data that I have seems pretty accurate and I figure I may be able to finish it in a couple of weeks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sirish19 View Post

            Great, I am glad that you enjoyed it. I have played out there IRL once and I would NOT recommend driving out to Burkburnett from DFW just to play this course. If you happen to be stuck in Wichita Falls and really want to play some golf...maybe, but don't make a trip just for that, haha.

            if you play a lot around DFW, then you might enjoy the course I am working on which is The Golf Club at Fossil Creek. I play out there almost every time I get back to the US/DFW area. The LiDAR data that I have seems pretty accurate and I figure I may be able to finish it in a couple of weeks.
            Good to know. We're supposed to play Bear Creek next weekend, but maybe I can convince my buddies to change to Fossil Creek instead!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ThreePutt17 View Post

              Good to know. We're supposed to play Bear Creek next weekend, but maybe I can convince my buddies to change to Fossil Creek instead!


              I have never played Bear Creek but hear good things about that course as well. I always like Fossil Creek as you have a lot of challenges and strategies come into play that can vary a lot depending on which tees you play from.

              I am getting close to finishing Fossil Creek on TGC 2019. Here is a playtest video on Youtube (https://youtu.be/E13byw2-TaY). Have a look, perhaps this will convince you to play out at Fossil Creek. If you, please let me know if there is anything that can be changed/improved. It has been about 2 years since I played out there last so I am going on old memories and Google Maps. Also, if you do play out there, make a note of the pin positions and let me know. Mine are just thrown in randomly or based on a few that I remember.

              Comment

              Working...
              X