New LiDAR course: Bridlewood Golf Club, Flower Mound, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New LiDAR course: Bridlewood Golf Club, Flower Mound, Texas

I'm pleased to announce my first published course: Bridlewood GC in Flower Mound, Texas.

After a year of on-again/off-again work on this course, I finally broke down and had TheLidarKing do a rendition. Frankly, the guy does an AMAZING job, accomplishing more in 7 days and two Zoom calls than I did in 12 months. His OSM, LiDAR and water work enabled this course to even be published, and I thank him immensely!! Check out his portfolio, and you'll find his fee very reasonable, IMO.

However, as you can imagine, somebody with an intimate knowledge of a course will always find things to "improve", compared to somebody that has never been there. For example, LiDAR places a 30' tall tree with a trunk, not a bush. It looks accurate compared to Google Maps or OSM, but it's not when you’re “standing on the ground" in game. No big deal. I took his final version, messed around for a week or so, and this is the result. If you find any floating houses or trees, or other typical details like that out of place, I assure you, they are my mistakes not Kent's!

My work: Sunk A LOT of trees to give the course this forest/thicket look (bushes weren't tall enough, tree trunks didn't look right). Re-worked the houses to open some object meter (the ones that are typically in view while playing were left in, but I expanded the variety). Grasses along the shorelines in a few places. Stone/wall work (not the green-front wall on #8, tho). Greened up the heavy rough (sorry Kent!). Moved some tee positions and all the pins around. Minor terrain adjustments. Etc., etc., etc. I think it is a pretty accurate RCR.

The course is centered around Timber Creek, it’s a part of every hole on the back 9, although it touches the front as well. It typically doesn't run as high as depicted, but the water elevation changes were quite a challenge. The creek is dammed up at various locations, creating lakes/ponds that are often in play. Except in Spring, the course plays firm and often fast...this is in Texas after all! Prevailing wind is *from* the Southwest (which requires "Northeast to be selected...180* off). It's set for 12 noon, and high Summer sun for best simulator rendering

This is my home course, and I actually live about a 3 wood from the 5th green, although not along the course. I am a member of the Bridlewood Men's Golf Club, and am looking forward to sharing this with other members—and their kid's/grandkid's. The Club plays the Green tees, which are not published on the public scorecard. Those tees are typically 12 behind the Blue, and 6 in front; but due to the software, they are all behind in this version.

I really enjoyed working with Kent and his collaborative process. I may publish a Fall version in a few weeks. I hope you enjoy it!

Black 7124
    Green 6743
    Blue 6522
    White 6032
    Red 5247
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 968Cab; 12-03-2020, 02:40 AM.

Joe,

It is a beautiful course and enjoyed working with you man! As with Joe, I do provide the course file upon request. You can then edit the original and publish as many courses as you want! After all, you know the course better than I and google earth will ever know.

Enjoy playing the course year-round.

Get your course designed here --> https://www.thelidarking.com
    Last edited by TheLidarKing; 12-03-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I played it last night. Well done!

Comment

Nice, looking forward to playing this.
        Japan
        Tochigigaoka Golf Club
        Konosu Country Club (L)
        Olympic Country Club R&H
        Olympic Country Club F&R
        Olympic Country Club H&F
        Olympic National East (L)
        Taiheiyo GC - Gotemba
        Shonan Seaside CC

US
        Torrey Pines North Course - L
        Torrey Pines South Course - L
        Scarsdale Golf Club (L) - NY
        Montauk Downs - LiDAR - NY
        Golf Club Fossil Creek L - TX
        The Tribute (LiDAR) - TX
        Boca Raton Resort & C (L) - FL
        RB GC & Resort v2 (L) - TX
        River Creek Park Golf Club (L) - TX

Others:
        Bali National Golf Club 3

Comment

It looks pretty nice. Everything is so green. Ah, it already sounds good. I think there's been a lot of effort in this project and a lot of patience. I really want to congratulate you, because it does look great. But I hear you're also into edible plants. I know that it is a bit difficult to care for them in hot weather because of the temperatures, the lack of precipitation, and injury. In general, thing as a gardener is quite tricky because you have a lot of responsibilities. To make things a little easier, I can recommend trimthatweed.com. Here you find the best fertilizer for vegetables.

Comment

Working...
          X